Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:08 pm I cannot control or influence my sources. Always remember:

"don't shoot the messenger"
Yet you quote them like they are Gospel.

But at least they are consistent
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:20 pm If true, Auburn went into a panic mode and hired Freeze to get a big name coach. I hope he never has a winning season there.
Huh? How is hiring Freeze a Panic Mode move?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
After Kiffin turned them down, they had very few options left. Reminds me of a Tennessee coaching search 2 or 3 years ago. I have Nick Saban beats him so bad he'll wish he had stayed at Liberty.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Hate the way this all went down for the players and Asst. coaches. They deserved better than to go out like that - especially the Seniors. To have THAT be remembered as your last game experience at the Bill in front of maybe a half-filled stadium w/ no students in attendance.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Has anybody seen how much he’ll be making? I haven’t been able to find it yet.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:53 pm Looking forward to moving on! Look through the windshield and not the rear view mirror.
Yupp. Let’s do this.
He got what he wanted. We got what we wanted. Sure the last 3 games were rough but let’s get someone to build on this and win a conference championship next season.
Just move forward and rise with us.
Dalegarz1, Purple Haize liked this
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
This in all reality is the best thing that could happen for LU after the past few weeks. If Freeze was the coach next year not sure any of his current players or recruits could have bought what he was selling after the way all this went down. I wish him the best because that's the right thing to do but he did not handle things correctly in my opinion. LU will be better for what Freeze did but will also come out better in the long run. Unfortunately in the society we live in forgiveness is not in the dictionary. For that reason he will always carry baggage. I will support LU no matter who is the coach but this one sure stings a little. One thing is for sure, God will continue to bless LU as long as we do not waiver from the mission. Lets get a coach that understands the mission and can continue the trajectory to the top starting next year with CUSA.
Dalegarz1, jmclaughlin, Liberty22 and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:30 pm After Kiffin turned them down, they had very few options left. Reminds me of a Tennessee coaching search 2 or 3 years ago. I have Nick Saban beats him so bad he'll wish he had stayed at Liberty.
Tennessee seems to have done alright.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:07 pm Coach Freeze helped build the program and the brand into a national player. I hope he has tremendous success at his new home. Thank you, Coach Freeze!
Exactly! That is exactly what LU wanted and needed. And he delivered. He wanted his reputation rehabilitated and a second chance. And LU delivered. Win/Win.
Cider Jim liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:47 pm Has anybody seen how much he’ll be making? I haven’t been able to find it yet.

I really thought it’d be more than that.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I wish Coach Freeze the best. He will never work in a better environment again and he should consider quitting Twitter because it is about to get rough for him but he will win and that will quiet some. Also, I predict the recruiting battle between Church of the Highlands and Auburn Community Church might get ugly. :)
Liberty22, jmclaughlin liked this
By jmclaughlin
This is all good. Let me speed up the perspective.
1. Losing 3 to end the season sucked but after the loss to UCONN our bowl trajectory remained the same, regardless of the next 2 losses.
2. Freeze leaving now is a blessing, being in limbo would have only hurt our recruiting and retention of players.
3. Freeze going to a big job (Auburn is a top 15 program) helps our national exposure. Not many people know the trajectory we are on but will be reminded in every national article. Auburn becomes our de facto PR firm.
4. We get a great replacement. The next hire will be a fit for where we are. I trust Ian. Look at all the other sports under his tenure. Almost all are trending up
5. This is the business of college football. We are not in a unique situation
6. Freeze’s success at Auburn is a good thing for our program. I personally wish him all the best and you should too!
7. Fan the Flames
By LUDad
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:28 pm
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:47 pm Has anybody seen how much he’ll be making? I haven’t been able to find it yet.

I really thought it’d be more than that.
He had absolutely no leverage...
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

If this is true, I think it all but confirms he hasn't been focused on LU for a while. I don't blame the dude for taking a higher profile job. We all knew he would. Even he said he would but it makes it feel like all his rah rah speeches about finishing strong were just that. Rah rah speeches with ZERO substance.

I'm glad we can move on. He did some great things for LU and helped build a FBS foundation but it doesn't mean I can't hate how he ended things. He did not finish well.
ATrain, Risewithus, Purple Haize and 1 others liked this
By LU 57
I am sure he was not actually recruiting the last 3 weeks, but you can be sure he was laying out his plan for a staff, his portal targets and his HS targets.
thepostman liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
He did not. Showed his speeches were :BS with all the “transparency”. I was hopeful he’d be more grateful of what we did than bolt so quick but we were just a stepping stone to what he really wanted. Oh well. I am grateful for how he elevated us.
thepostman liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]