Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:31 am While WVU seems to be buzzing about a possible Rich Rod return, the following tweet emerged from one of the media who covers the team:

Why would a flight from LYH need to stop in Charlottesville? Take it for what it is worth. And frankly, I would say not much.
Liberty to the B12? :twisted:
Liberty22 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:19 pm
Sly Fox wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 10:31 am While WVU seems to be buzzing about a possible Rich Rod return, the following tweet emerged from one of the media who covers the team:

Why would a flight from LYH need to stop in Charlottesville? Take it for what it is worth. And frankly, I would say not much.
Speaking it in existence I see :lol:
LUOrange liked this
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 11:19 pm

Speaking it into existence I see :lol:
LUOrange liked this
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Hugh is not going to Auburn but if he does I wish him the best. I would give him 4 years but that might be all he needs to take 10M a year and ride into the sunset. I would hate to work for Cohen vs. Ian. I bet he stays. I am in Opelika-Auburn. It is nice but the mountain is special.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I can’t see either Ian or Hugh leaving. They’ve seen what Big Time athletics look like. And by that I mean Boosters. Add to that NIL and it just amplifies it. At LU they can both do their jobs without the pressure of high powered boosters over their shoulders. Nor do they have to worry about insane fan bases (looking at you Auburn and VT) who want FB coaches fired after a year.
By jmclaughlin
Ritchie McKay, Dot, Scott Jackson are examples of coaches that just fit the LU mission. I don’t see HF in the same light but I do think he sees the allure of LU being a higher calling and as a quotient in his decision.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: November 25th, 2022, 1:31 am Ritchie McKay, Dot, Scott Jackson are examples of coaches that just fit the LU mission. I don’t see HF in the same light but I do think he sees the allure of LU being a higher calling and as a quotient in his decision.
Last couple of interviews I listen to (with Ian, Freeze) Freeze sounds extremely happy where he is. Seems like he's developing the Ritchie, Dot, Scott mind set. Hope that group has us in the B12 or ACC before 2030. :lol:
By Tnobes
ALAFlamesFan wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:49 pm Hugh is not going to Auburn but if he does I wish him the best. I would give him 4 years but that might be all he needs to take 10M a year and ride into the sunset. I would hate to work for Cohen vs. Ian. I bet he stays. I am in Opelika-Auburn. It is nice but the mountain is special.
Auburn isn't paying anyone 10 million per year, the contract will maybe be 7 million per year at most
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts

Fun times for us.
By Ill flame
I believe auburn is talking to him. I'll believe he's actually going to take the job when he does a formal press conference announcing it.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Commitment over feelings.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote: November 26th, 2022, 10:52 amHe gone
You used to have inside sources. Is that who is speaking?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If Hugh Freeze leaves, who do we call? Mike London??
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hold your horses, Atrain. Let’s focus on the concern in front of us. The negotiations tie in with the aftermath of the Arkansas victory. Since then we have seen fortunes change for the Flames.

Has anyone seen Kiffin’s trolling of Coach Freeze on Twitter?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Explains the last 2 weeks but I really appreciate what he has done. Made us a legit G5 program. I just hope he don’t take Salter and DeMario with him.

At least the money we can throw out we can get a top tier p5 assistant or poach a G5 coach like Chadwell.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, if he leaves he leaves. I think Ian will find a great replacement who probably won't have the same baggage.

We'll get a buyout, and a perception boost of feeding a top football program.

Freeze teams play to the level of competition. Perhaps moving to C-USA requires a different style of coach to crush inferior competition repeatedly for style points rather than the upside to beat P5s occasionally that freeze gives us. Of course we all would love both, but realistically I don't see Freeze as a great motivator against C-USA teams, mostly because I don't see him being overly excited for what's next.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to stay and am appreciative of all the success. I just can't get overly concerned about him leaving.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote: November 26th, 2022, 10:52 amHe gone
Yep. He is. It was fun while it lasted.

At least he worked out a sweet deal on his way out. Auburn is about to give LU a ton of cash. It'll help our coaching search.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2022, 11:15 am Hold your horses, Atrain. Let’s focus on the concern in front of us. The negotiations tie in with the aftermath of the Arkansas victory. Since then we have seen fortunes change for the Flames.

Has anyone seen Kiffin’s trolling of Coach Freeze on Twitter?
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am thankful for the wins, the building of the program, and all the moments. But, I am VERY disappointed that he will choose to go work for a pro-LGBTQ+ AD & an AD who is pro-gender mutilation. Personally, I can't justify that and won't.

I'll tell ya a name who may be interesting is Frank Reich, former Indianapolis Colts head coach. Strong Christian man who like Freeze has a desire to be a molder of men spiritually.
By aj7
Not sure about how "mission oriented" these names are but Jeff Grimes (Baylor OC), Jamey Chadwell, or Brian Hartline are intriguing options. Think we'll go after someone who knows what it's like to have major resources at their disposal.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Save the next coach speculation until it is confirmed that we need one. There will be plenty of opportunity at that time.

Letr the record show that Auburn has been negotiating with multiple coaches for weeks including Kiffin and others.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]