This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rtb72
Never really thought about it till I was reviewing the areas of focus for the upcoming "Giving Day" and noticed several buildings named for our Founder, Jerry Falwell Sr. I mean...I knew there were buildings named for JFSR...but I never paid attention that there was no "Sr" on the designation.

This may sound petty, but I would really like to see LU clarify that these buildings are for Sr. and not vaguely state "Jerry Falwell"....such as our library does. Although he's no longer on campus or directly affiliated, I personally want no "labels" that could be misunderstood for Jr. on LU's campus (we have enough labels as it is, thanks to him). I think LU should be sure we are clearly honoring the one Jerry and thereby separate as much as possible from the other.
phoenix liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
When the buildings were named, I'm certain they were intentionally ambiguous.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If my memory is correct, Dr. Falwell was referred to as Dr. Falwell, with no other designation with his name. Only a few add Sr. to his name now, according to my observations.
By the same token, people refer to Jerry Falwell Jr. as Jerry Jr. or Jerry Falwell Jr.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 7:02 pm If my memory is correct, Dr. Falwell was referred to as Dr. Falwell, with no other designation with his name. Only a few add Sr. to his name now, according to my observations.
By the same token, people refer to Jerry Falwell Jr. as Jerry Jr. or Jerry Falwell Jr.
Even more distinct: "The Reverend Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr"......Library, or whatever.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
As much as I loved and admired Sr., I wish they wouldn’t use “Dr” We all know he was brilliant and could have earned a doctorate had he wanted to but he didn’t. There were/are too many fake Dr’s in the Baptist world from which he came that really take their fake or honorary doctorates seriously.
rtb72, phoenix liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]