If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Black Diamond game was tonight. Did anyone happen to catch the score?

It’s 11 o’clock do you know where your couches are?
JK37 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 11:08 pm The Black Diamond game was tonight. Did anyone happen to catch the score?

I checked, and West Virginia won 33-10.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 11:08 pm The Black Diamond game was tonight. Did anyone happen to catch the score?

I checked, and West Virginia won 33-10.
By Ill flame
That game was brutal to watch. If we don't beat VT I'll be disappointed. They are not a very good team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What a great day to be a Mountaineer!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The primary game I was watching was Coastal vs. GA State, but I kept checking on VT during the commercials. I bet the Marshall transfer at QB for Tech wished he would have stayed in Huntington. :oops:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I thought WVU was bad. I can’t celebrate too much - and no couches should be lit - for beating what is the worst VT team I’ve seen in my lifetime.

LU might be favored by oddsmakers in that VT game, an idea unthinkable until very recently.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 9:05 am I thought WVU was bad. I can’t celebrate too much - and no couches should be lit - for beating what is the worst VT team I’ve seen in my lifetime.

LU might be favored by oddsmakers in that VT game, an idea unthinkable until very recently.
Oh WVU is still bad. But VT is worse. And any time we can beat them is a good day and cause to celebrate.

Couches Alight!
By Honest Abe
JK37 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 9:05 am I thought WVU was bad. I can’t celebrate too much - and no couches should be lit - for beating what is the worst VT team I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Watching VT get trounced last night brought me joy. Checked the match up prediction on ESPN app and was still surprised to see it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
After the game, the WVU players were celebrating and lifting up some kind of trophy. Does anybody know what that trophy was called?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Black Diamond Trophy
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 5:35 pm After the game, the WVU players were celebrating and lifting up some kind of trophy. Does anybody know what that trophy was called?
Marshall is used to the Participation Trophy so your confusion is understandable
Cider Jim, JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Your 'Eers are beating up on lowly VT while Marshall is beating #8 Notre Dame!
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 8:47 pm Your 'Eers are beating up on lowly VT while Marshall is beating #8 Notre Dame!
ND isn’t ranked
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote: October 5th, 2022, 11:39 am I think Tech has a chance to win -- max -- two more games. I'm not banking on LU being one of those.
How has it gotten so bad down there, Chris?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 5th, 2022, 4:00 pm
Chris Lang wrote: October 5th, 2022, 11:39 am I think Tech has a chance to win -- max -- two more games. I'm not banking on LU being one of those.
How has it gotten so bad down there, Chris?
In Blacksburg or Morgantown? At least the Mountaineers have some talent at the skill positions
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I meant in Blacksburg. It’s obviously FAR worse down there. And that’s saying something.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Fuente burned a ton of bridges in regards to in-state recruiting, and it's going to take this staff some time to build it back up. It's simply a lack of talent right now, and Pry will get a bit of a pass because of that. Andy wrote an excellent piece in the Athletic last year quoting a lot of high school coaches in the state who spoke pretty frankly about how poorly they were treated by Fuente's staff. The cornerstone of Beamer's recruiting efforts was digging out some in-state gems (Corey Moore, Lee Suggs, etc.) and recruiting the heck out of South Florida. Fuente got away from that and recruited a lot of Texas kids because that's what he knew. I still go back to the late 2000s when Tech fans would complain that going to the Orange Bowl every year was "boring." It's been 10 years since the Hokies have been remotely nationally relevant, so I'm pretty sure they'd all take boring trips to South Beach every year now.

Also, still seems crazy to me that Tech is playing in Lynchburg, considering where the LU program was when I started covering it in '05. Really neat to see how much the program has grown.
socal_flame, LUOrange, Baybird and 6 others liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Pitt’s RB had 320 yards and 6 touchdowns today…there were probably Bud Foster defenses that allowed 6 rushing touchdowns all season and not to 1 RB in 1 game. Yeesh that program has fallen on hard times.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]