Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
Sell outs!
Wonder what re-sales will go for cause all seats are good seats. some are better than others but all are good.
FWIW, not selling ours
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
CCWMichael wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:08 pm Sell outs!
Wonder what re-sales will go for cause all seats are good seats. some are better than others but all are good.
FWIW, not selling ours
I can't wait to be in those environments. Hopefully it'll be as good or better than a packed Vines was.
CCWMichael, ATrain liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I hope the Baptist side is actually a little rowdy for once. If they could match half of the intensity of the students, we'd actually help the D.
rtb72, Chippy liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:22 am I hope the Baptist side is actually a little rowdy for once.
I stand up when the team runs on the field. But the rest of the time my people are eating kettle corn for dinner and drinking coffee to try to stay awake that late. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
By rtb72
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:22 am I hope the Baptist side is actually a little rowdy for once. If they could match half of the intensity of the students, we'd actually help the D.
I try to do my part, but sometimes it's like trying to rouse the dead over there. Unless of course, they're tossing out $6 T-shirts....
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:I try to do my part, but sometimes it's like trying to rouse the dead over there. Unless of course, they're tossing out $6 T-shirts....
Yep. I make noise when the D is on the field loud enough to cover for my entire family. I'm old enough to not care anymore. I might join cowbell guy and start bringing one of those. I found one that said "beer me" on it... not sure that will go over too well.
Chippy liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I suspect the BYU game will be an afternoon game. The only reason why they haven't announced it yet is I suspect they are hoping SOMEBODY will pick it up considering both teams will be coming in likely with impressive records.
CCWMichael liked this
By CCWMichael
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:22 am I hope the Baptist side is actually a little rowdy for once. If they could match half of the intensity of the students, we'd actually help the D.

Can't unfold my knees quick enough to stand and if I try I may break a hip .....
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m still salty about my seats
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:13 pm I suspect the BYU game will be an afternoon game. The only reason why they haven't announced it yet is I suspect they are hoping SOMEBODY will pick it up considering both teams will be coming in likely with impressive records.
Would love a night game!!!!
By sstaedtler
Sly Fox wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:13 pm I suspect the BYU game will be an afternoon game. The only reason why they haven't announced it yet is I suspect they are hoping SOMEBODY will pick it up considering both teams will be coming in likely with impressive records.
ESPN has to cover one of our home games, whether it be BYU or Virginia Tech, because we have a contract with them. Kind of hoping it is BYU. BYU sounds like they do not want a 12PM start, as that is hard for west coast teams. The reason I hope it is BYU is ACC Network will probably pick up the V. Tech game. So if ESPN takes BYU, both games get televised. If they don't, we might only get one game on a major network. Also, the student section won't be as good in V Tech game with some students away for Thanksgiving.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We have a contract that requires one of our games to be on one of ESPN’s linear networks?
By sstaedtler
JK37 wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:59 pm We have a contract that requires one of our games to be on one of ESPN’s linear networks?
Yes. One game must. be on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU. If by chance ESPN moves one of our home games to Friday night, we could actually have two home games on ESPN.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m odd man out. I say a 10 pm start!
prototype liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: October 5th, 2022, 9:25 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 5th, 2022, 8:17 pm I’m odd man out. I say a 10 pm start!
Why not go all the way . . . "Midnight Madness"?
Cause that’s a 7 pm kick off on the West Coast. Better chance of being an ESPN game
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: October 5th, 2022, 9:39 pm
Chippy wrote: October 5th, 2022, 9:25 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 5th, 2022, 8:17 pm I’m odd man out. I say a 10 pm start!
Why not go all the way . . . "Midnight Madness"?
Cause that’s a 7 pm kick off on the West Coast. Better chance of being an ESPN game
My pillow won't fit in my clear plastic LU bag, though!
Baybird, CCWMichael liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Trying to figure out my traval options right now to see if I can still pull this game off. Last flight out of LYH is at 6:25 meaning if I want to get out that evening I'd have to leave the game sometime in the 3rd quarter to get to the flight on time. Hmmmm
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]