Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:49 pm
BlueBlood wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:42 pm Does anybody remember if UMASS also has awful announcers/cameras/production?

After away games at Southern Miss and ODU, I feel like we have suffered enough this year.
I’d be surprised if UMASS even has announcers
Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird are announcing the game for them.
jmclaughlin liked this
By rtb72
JK37 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 11:10 am
rtb72 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:44 pm
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:40 pm Salter made every bad read and throw he could. JB did fine. For a team as successful as we have been, still have some glaring holes. Dae Dae is great when he can get a step or two before contact, like tonight. Need a kicker, punter, and QB. Anyone know when Brewer might be back in the mix?

Also, what needs to happen for us to claim the commonwealth title? Beat VT and VT beats UVA? Or just beat VT and claim it anyway?
Based on tonight's performance....we could not beat JMU. :(
It since they refuse to play us, we win by forfeit!
Hopefully, ODU beats JMU...then it's uncontested. Not a big ODU fan and certainly have no admiration for JMU...but for that weekend, I'm all in on for The Monarchs!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Always better to wait 24 hours to reply. I honestly thought we played sloppy and I still have a weird Karcher era complex (expecting to lose, esp tight ones)

Nice to see them grind one out and especially good to see the kid nail the 49 yarder- but then he shanks one inside 20
WTF.

A couple sick receptions, esp the one handed deal, but it’s gonna be a long season watching Kaidon chuck them all over the yard like a maniac. Something tells me he’s gonna be sitting a lot if that keeps up

Overall solid B - always tough to win on the road and ODU is much improved
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
PAmedic wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 11:42 pm Always better to wait 24 hours to reply. I honestly thought we played sloppy and I still have a weird Karcher era complex (expecting to lose, esp tight ones)

Nice to see them grind one out and especially good to see the kid nail the 49 yarder- but then he shanks one inside 20
WTF.

A couple sick receptions, esp the one handed deal, but it’s gonna be a long season watching Kaidon chuck them all over the yard like a maniac. Something tells me he’s gonna be sitting a lot if that keeps up

Overall solid B - always tough to win on the road and ODU is much improved
Rewatched game. My criticism of O play calling tempered a bit - we adjusted well at half time game plan and the swing passes to Dae Dae and Shedro ( we should have been doing much more of earlier in season ) mixed with the run were effective. 99 yard drive was gritty and broke their back. . I am assuming game plan was deep ball due to matchups - but dang that isn’t complimentary football for our D. Also, pretty sure KS threw a few that were not recommended. Maybe he was ordered not to run due to injury - who knows. As for D blitzing every play all game - probably first time in Freeze era our D didn’t adjust well at half ( still made big plays ) but we gave up a ton of chunk yard explosive plays - our front 7 doesn’t need any help from secondary getting pressure every freaking play...hopefully we learned that lesson. Loved the 2 back set late. Let’s pound the ball next 2 weeks and let our O Linemen have some fun...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I based my assessment of KSalt on the assumption he was told not to run. He had daylight on several occasions and still slung it. That may have also had him feeling compelled to throw in some instances when it was clearly not a good decision.
jmclaughlin liked this
By willflop
What puzzled me about the throws is that they weren't even forced into coverage or tight windows, or mistimed etc., like some of his other plays in the past. I couldn't understand what he was event trying to do. They were akin to throwing the ball away intentionally but doing so in the field of play, just crazy lobs to the defenders.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 9:31 am What puzzled me about the throws is that they weren't even forced into coverage or tight windows, or mistimed etc., like some of his other plays in the past. I couldn't understand what he was event trying to do. They were akin to throwing the ball away intentionally but doing so in the field of play, just crazy lobs to the defenders.
What puzzled me were throws to areas where there were no players and throws to the other team.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Listening to HCHF in the post mortem and this morning in particular, it seems KSalt was more bothered by the groin than we were lead to believe and he knew it after the first play of the game. He certainly had some ill-advised throws and I have to believe that his yearning to make plays and be aggressive combined with his inability to use his feet well lead to the issues we saw from him trying to force the ball down the field. The one-handed grab made by Lofton (incredible), was itself potentially ill-advised as he was double-covered. We also got away with one on the 2nd TD pass by KSalt. We don't keep track of errors in football like we do in baseball, but that 100% should have been an INT. It's nice to have one go your way once in a while.

I thought the D played pretty well, esp in the 2nd half. They have a good QB and solid WRs (#0 is really good). I think what surprised us was Wolff's ability to escape the pocket. Not sure if that one showed up in the film leading up to the game, but we had several shots at him that weren't converted into sacks. We weren't leaving a spy either so he often times had a lane to run and he used it.

The O in the 2nd half was more efficient, and I was glad to see JB succeed. The OLine seemed to have the upper hand at this point. Dae Dae is a playmaker, but I would really like to see us find a way to get Demario back into the game. I'm assuming he's grabbing a lot of attention in the film rooms of opposing teams, but he's so dangerous with the ball in his hands.

I feel for Nick Brown (Fr.). He nails a 49yd FG in the game that probably would have been good from 55+. Then he misses what is literally the shortest FG you can have in the game. Most kickers make that one blindfolded. We just need some consistency in the kicking game, or it's really going to hurt us one of these days.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]