The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty vs Sweet Briar Saturday, September 17 @ 2:00 p.m. LU softball stadium.
Everyone not going to Wake Forest, should be at softball game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:54 pm Liberty vs Sweet Briar Saturday, September 17 @ 2:00 p.m. LU softball stadium.
Everyone not going to Wake Forest, should be at softball game.
Can’t believe you missed the fact a former LU coach will be there. You’re slipping in your old age
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty sweeps DH by scores of 17-1 and 18-1. Howard, Roupe, Madrey, Keeney and Kersten had home runs.
In game 1, Keeney and Estroff combined for a no hitter. Estroff pitched 3 perfect innings, striking out 7 of 9 batters faced.
Jones, Bachman and Deter combined on a 2 hitter in game 2.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach thought I was his water boy and sent me looking for a case of water for his 24 closest softball friends and ladies! :timeout :oldhag :cheerleader
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 18th, 2022, 3:29 pm Ballcoach thought I was his water boy and sent me looking for a case of water for his 24 closest softball friends and ladies! :timeout :oldhag :cheerleader
Was it his turn to bring the snacks?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Radford and University of Lynchburg visit LU Saturday. The 2nd game will overlap football game, unless time is changed. Games are scheduled for 2:00 and 5:00.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In a 10 inning game, Liberty beat Radford 15-1. Keeney pitched 5 innings, 3 hits, 1 run , 1 BB with 4 Ks. Estroff 5 innings, 0 runs, 1 hit O bb with 4 Ks. Howard had a HR, Wilson had double & triple with 4 RBI.

In 2nd game, Liberty was leading 13-1 in 6th inning when I left for football. Roupe and McManus had home runs. Bachman, Deter and Jones pitched.

Liberty plays again October 4th at home vs. UVA
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 26th, 2022, 9:18 am
Hoos your daddy? Study :pbjtime Study
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts

It's GAME DAY. And the Hoos will be in town this afternoon! Study :oldhag Study
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 4th, 2022, 10:14 am

It's GAME DAY. And the Hoos will be in town this afternoon! Study :oldhag Study
Looked like one of the ladies had Tommy John brace on arm and another was on crutches?! Left after 4 innings 5-3 LU lead. @ 500+ folks there!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Two games have been added to fall schedule. Liberty will travel to UVA Tuesday October 18, for a DH. First game starts at 3:30.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2022, 8:07 am Two games have been added to fall schedule. Liberty will travel to UVA Tuesday October 18, for a DH. First game starts at 3:30.
Might want to get a light for your bike. It is getting darker, earlier now. 8)
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In a scheduled 10 inning game, LU lost to UVA tonight 8-4. A first inning grand slam HR was the big blow for Virginia. Liberty pitching held UVA scoreless in 8 of the 10 innings.
Deter, Bachman and Estroff pitched scoreless ball over the final 5 innings.
The LU defense had several sloppy plays, to go with 6 or 7 base on balls.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:36 pm The LU defense had several sloppy plays, to go with 6 or 7 base on balls.
Former O's catcher and broadcaster Rick Dempsey always used to say, "No good ever happens after a walk." Were the walks legit, or were the UVa pitchers getting some "home cooking" calls from the umpires in Cville?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The plate umpire called a decent game. He missed a couple pitches on Liberty hitters, that were not in strike zone.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:36 pm In a scheduled 10 inning game, LU lost to UVA tonight 8-4. A first inning grand slam HR was the big blow for Virginia. Liberty pitching held UVA scoreless in 8 of the 10 innings.
Deter, Bachman and Estroff pitched scoreless ball over the final 5 innings.
The LU defense had several sloppy plays, to go with 6 or 7 base on balls.
Last time they played Keeney got hit pretty hard. How'd she do this time since she's our "Ace", just curious.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2022, 12:54 pm Liberty travels to UVA again tomorrow, for 4 p.m. game.
Ballcoach and I are road tripping to Cville!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 28th, 2022, 6:28 am
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2022, 12:54 pm Liberty travels to UVA again tomorrow, for 4 p.m. game.
Ballcoach and I are road tripping to Cville!
Your car will smell like Whopper farts for a month
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
UVA beat LU 9-2 in a scheduled 10 inning game. UVA scored 8 runs in 3rd inning, on 6 hits, 2 walks , along with an error.
After 3rd inning, LU pitchers shutout Hoos in final 7 innings. Deter pitched 3 hitless innings, Jones 1 inning, and Keeney the final 3 innings, allowing only 1 hit.
Reagan Barrett had HR and single to lead LU batters.
The plate umpire was the worst I have seen in my lifetime on balls and strikes. There were a total of 16 base on balls in the game. Umpire had no comprehension as to strike zone.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on October 30th, 2022, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Says the guy who can’t drive at night….
Not sure I’d be questioning anyones eyesight if I were in that position. Of course blaming someone else seems to be your go to MO
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]