Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

The ends of the upper deck are usually the last to go in any arena or stadium
The sound idea is legit.
But I’m not sure this is a pressing thing. Season tickets and attendance are currently doing very well by LU standards. I’m. Ot sure this would increase them
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
michaeleyou wrote: September 20th, 2022, 5:46 pm Image

Must have been discussed at some point. Found this photo online
I hope that this is still in the plans. Obviously, they didn't do the visitor's side overhang/shelter/roof. I'd assume that this would get us to 35K which would be a nice number.
By Ill flame
I'm curious if there is still room to add a few seats to the north side of the field. I assume this rendering was done before the foc was built. Of course the demand isn't there for it anyway unless they were all inclusive seats or something. Those seem to sell well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Actually the FOC was built when these renderings were floated a few years back. I fully expected us to do the south endzone as shown above. I'll be honest, the terracing did surprise me. I am anxious to see how we handle the VT & BYU games. I suspect we can still bring in temporary bleachers in the north endzone. If memory serves me correct it wouldn't be the first time,
By Ill flame
LibertyD wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:09 pm Dome has a lot of advantages. Crowd noise for one. You can schedule more paid events. Could be a revenue generator. We got the money. I say go for it!
I say we just take that $100+ million it would take to build a nice dome and throw it in our endowment and earmark it for research. Then we can finally move up to R2 and be much more palatable in the next round of realignment.
flamehunter, Sly Fox, rtb72 and 3 others liked this
By rtb72
Ill flame wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 12:49 am
LibertyD wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:09 pm Dome has a lot of advantages. Crowd noise for one. You can schedule more paid events. Could be a revenue generator. We got the money. I say go for it!
I say we just take that $100+ million it would take to build a nice dome and throw it in our endowment and earmark it for research. Then we can finally move up to R2 and be much more palatable in the next round of realignment.
^THIS^
Ill flame wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 12:49 am
Sounds familiar, but it great to see this idea again :lol:. Isn't that what college is suppose to be instead of advertisment USA Inc.?
Wow!! Starting to see some support for the dome. I would only want a dome if it were retractable because I do like the natural elements outside of being in a monsoon like last week! For the record, I was in the stands last week in the weather and had a great time, but I missed my wife being there (we have to be thinking about marginal fans and what we can do to get them to the games. She was one of the 7 thousand that didn't show because of the weather, which prompted my post. I feel like commencement was very poorly attended back in May (almost embarrassing), and why was this? You guessed it, in part (it was the weather).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]