The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Flames travel to Mexico in week 2 of 2023 season, ( February 16-19). Teams in the field include, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Cal State Fullerton, Sacramento State, Kansas, North Dakota State and Southern Illinois. Not know which of these teams we play yet.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Unless Bachman (R) and Deter (L) are the 2nd coming of Drysdale and Koufax, it could be a tough year pitching wise. We'll know for sure while we're in Mexico.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: August 18th, 2022, 3:15 pm Unless Bachman (R) and Deter (L) are the 2nd coming of Drysdale and Koufax.
Koufax retired in 1966. Chippy, how old are you??? :oldhag
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 18th, 2022, 5:25 pm
Chippy wrote: August 18th, 2022, 3:15 pm Unless Bachman (R) and Deter (L) are the 2nd coming of Drysdale and Koufax.
Old enough to have seen the Pirates (as a kid) beat Koufax 1-0 and Drysdale 2-1 in a double header at Forbes Field. Clemente hit one off the light tower in centerfield which was 457 ft and where the batting cage was stored, yes in the field of play, off Drysdale. It's not polite to ask a Chippy his age 8)
By Baybird
Chippy wrote: August 18th, 2022, 5:49 pm
Old enough to have seen the Pirates (as a kid) beat Koufax 1-0 and Drysdale 2-1 in a double header at Forbes Field. Clemente hit one off the light tower in centerfield which was 457 ft and where the batting cage was stored, yes in the field of play, off Drysdale. It's not polite to ask a Chippy his age 8)
I was at Memorial Stadium in October 1966 when Frank Robinson hit a home run off of Drysdale giving him his second loss of the series and, more importantly, the Orioles, the World Series championship!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I shed a tear while reading this - remembering the good old days when Pittsburgh had a major league team.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: August 19th, 2022, 7:19 am
I shed a tear while reading this - remembering the good old days when Pittsburgh had a major league team.
City of Champions in the 70s - 4 Super Bowls, 2 World Series, Pitt Natl Champs in football. Now Pirates are a high "A" minor league team playing in one of the most beautiful parks in MLB. Couldn't name one person on the roster.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Until ownership changes they will never be a contender. They actually have some really good young talent - which will be playing elsewhere within a couple years.
By Ill flame
I'll be going to see my cardinals during the last game of the season at PNC. I've heard nothing but good things about that stadium so I'm excited to see if it's as good as people say. Plus I hope to see pujols hit Homer number 700.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: August 20th, 2022, 7:01 am Aren’t the Pittsburgh Pirates a Yankees AAA affiliate? :dontgetit
Garret Cole and Jameson Taillon, both former # 1 picks, would agree.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Since this post has been hijacked to Pittsburgh, I'll offer this:

There were 2 good looking prospects from a Pittsburgh travel ball team at today's camp.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Isn’t this where the Love Boat always docked?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]