If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 30th, 2022, 1:30 pm
That’s why I’d like to see some Football guru do a breakdown between the two. Why take a chance on a Trey Lance and not a Malik Willis
Paging Ballcoach...but he might not be able to respond until AFTER softball season! :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 1st, 2022, 6:06 am
Purple Haize wrote: April 30th, 2022, 1:30 pm
That’s why I’d like to see some Football guru do a breakdown between the two. Why take a chance on a Trey Lance and not a Malik Willis
Paging Ballcoach...but he might not be able to respond until AFTER softball season! :oldhag
I said football guru. Not fraud
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 1st, 2022, 3:53 pm Now that NFL Draft is over, ya'll need to move to baseball and softball board. " get in season"
OTA’s start soon!
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: April 29th, 2022, 9:05 am If this thing starts to go beyond the mid second round, that chip will likely grow larger and larger. By then, too many QB deficient teams passing multiple times. That said, the thing that still matters most is where he actually lands......
This is likely going to go down as an epic fail for several teams with marginal at best guys under center.
LUOrange liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: April 29th, 2022, 1:17 pm

...don't be shocked if he slips to the third. All bets are off at this stage. Going later is always better if you land with the right team. Titans have been my first choice for what's best for Malik's immediate success...
This is the organization and coach that stands out the most in terms of valuing Malik for what he is now and making the most of it this year...as well as optimizing his future. Mike Vrabel and Malik Willis are a coach and player cut from the very same cloth.
Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Trading UP to get Malik says a lot about the Titans, my new favorite team! They recognized his value when 31 other teams did not.
ballcoach15, Baybird, rtb72 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Most of these teams in need of a QB are dysfunctional. Where a QB lands has the potential to make or break a player like Malik. Destination is highly favorable for both parties.

Titans are old school. They look for players who are smart, tough, and dependable. What's most interesting is that they were the ones who saw past the hype and believed in the player.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I am thrilled that he didn't end up with one of the "QB needy" teams. Even Seattle is a bit of a mess after having some good years. Wilson left for a good reason.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ASOR has a nice article about Malik's projected contract as a Third Round Draft Pick:

According to Spotrac, Willis’ rookie contract will be four years for a total of $5.1 million with $921k guaranteed.
Of course, that's not First Round money, but not a bad salary for a 22-year-old.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Not too shabby. Also, nice to see that the boom or bust label has been removed & replaced with value pick w/potential to be steal of the draft. Talk about a turnaround in terms of expectation.
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 4:08 pm ASOR has a nice article about Malik's projected contract as a Third Round Draft Pick:

According to Spotrac, Willis’ rookie contract will be four years for a total of $5.1 million with $921k guaranteed.
Of course, that's not First Round money, but not a bad salary for a 22-year-old.
Not bad for a 52 year old either
By Ill flame
TH Spangler wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:26 pm All these analysis keep saying Freezes offense that Malik ran was to simple. Is the RPO that beat Alabama twice really that simple?
I think what makes freezes offense so effective is its simplicity but I could see why NFL teams have concerns. Malik was never asked (nor had the time with our OL) to make many reads. We know he's got the physical tools but does he have what it takes between the ears at this level? No one really knows.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Malik has what it takes. Has very little meaningful QB experience outside of LU. Still learning the position to some degree. Very raw by NFL standards. Will improve in pocket and with footwork.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Malik is already paying dividends even with his time in an LU uniform over...10 players either signed as free agents or received minicamp invites from last year's team.
By Ill flame
BJWilliams wrote: May 4th, 2022, 4:28 pm Malik is already paying dividends even with his time in an LU uniform over...10 players either signed as free agents or received minicamp invites from last year's team.
I don't think Malik has much to do with the other 9 players getting invites. This just shows the kind of talent HF has brought in over his three seasons. Its crazy to think we will only get more talented top to bottom from here.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 8:26 pm All these analysis keep saying Freezes offense that Malik ran was to simple. Is the RPO that beat Alabama twice really that simple?
Yeah, that's not an accurate criticism. Freeze is not simplistic. And who's to say that conventional tempo with a RB wouldn't bring out the best in Malik? All this remains to be seen.

The Steeler situation was interesting. Did the GM overrule Tomlin? If Carolina had a second 1st, or a 2nd, or an earlier 3rd, they probably pull the trigger. Titans beat 'em to it. Glad they did.
TH Spangler, Baybird liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Pretty good first half of football for Malik.

I listened on the radio. Announcers are weak. Hard to believe they're NFL level. Made me realize how good LFSN is.
Last edited by TH Spangler on August 12th, 2022, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Overall, I believe MW was better than I expected him to be. He played really well, made some good passes and escaped a lot of pass rushes and made positive yards. His TD scramble was phenomenal. Good to see.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]