This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach posted that pic all by himself. :shock: :oldhag :clapping
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 26th, 2022, 8:13 pm Most important construction project on campus. 🥎
More important than the new cafeteria??? Softball players have to EAT.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:35 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 26th, 2022, 8:13 pm Most important construction project on campus. 🥎

We still have Reber-Thomas dining facility, plus there's a small kitchen in the softball stadium.

(maybe BK can do a NIL deal) :lol:
JK37 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:29 am
Cider Jim wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:35 pm

We still have Reber-Thomas dining facility, plus there's a small kitchen in the softball stadium.

(maybe BK can do a NIL deal) :lol:
Nah, we want our players healthy.
rtb72, ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Looked at the Williams webcam: is FB getting new turf?

Edit: york already tweeted it 2 weeks ago sorry
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, this is Sunday. Don't you have an updated after-church pic of the construction on the new softball batting cages?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: July 10th, 2022, 2:53 pm Those are very small rolls and they're on the field? I thought they were intended for the berm.
Appears to be rolls ofthe old stuff after being pulled up by the machine up top
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to the History Department's Facebook page, the Civil War Chaplain's Museum's is moving from the stone building near the mansion to the terrace level of the JFL where the Biblical Museum had formerly been located.
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: July 21st, 2022, 4:38 pm According to the History Department's Facebook page, the Civil War Chaplain's Museum's is moving from the stone building near the mansion to the terrace level of the JFL where the Biblical Museum had formerly been located.
Tear the mansion down and put JF museum there - better spot, and next to his grave.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 21st, 2022, 4:38 pm According to the History Department's Facebook page, the Civil War Chaplain's Museum's is moving from the stone building near the mansion to the terrace level of the JFL where the Biblical Museum had formerly been located.
Where is that museum now?
By tyndal23
Sly Fox wrote: July 21st, 2022, 6:00 pm I am not in favor of tearing down the historic manasion. But I agree that it is probably the best place for his museum.
What is it used for - is Prevo’s office in there ? If HF lived in there for a month plus - couldn’t be much happening in there. Honestly don’t mind the location they have picked out or the design, just seems to take away from the architecture lines of the Welcome Center somewhat.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was under the understanding that it is primarily a guesthouse at this stage with Doc's office remaining untouched since he passed. I assume Prevo took over JLFJR's office. Again, just my undrstanding and could be compltely off base. Then again I get the feeling Prevo's office doesn't get much use these days. :roll:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, did you jump the construction fence and do a little B&E to get us this pic? :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]