Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Dr. Ed Hindson is in critical condition in ICU with heart issues. Praying for he and family.

🙏
Last edited by TH Spangler on July 1st, 2022, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For me, he is one of the last remaining ties to the pioneer days of the school when I was a student. I had the opportunity to spend a good bit of time with him when he accompanied the ministry team I traveled with (SMITE Singers) on a missions trip to South Africa. He is a fascinating man. We almost lost him several years ago to a near fatal bout with sepsis, but he made a remarkable recovery. Praying and hoping that God is not through using him just yet.
Baybird, flamehunter liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I will never forget him holding up the da Vinci code book in convocation and using it as an example of the lies of men and throwing it on the ground while saying, "this is garbage." Then holding up his Bible he said, "This is absolute truth!"
flamehunter liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: ↑July 1st, 2022, 11:29 pm I will never forget him holding up the da Vinci code book in convocation and using it as an example of the lies of men and throwing it on the ground while saying, "this is garbage." Then holding up his Bible he said, "This is absolute truth!"
I used that example in my own class for decades! Dr. Hindson, RIP.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I watched his life celebration live online yesterday. What a nice family he left behind.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]