Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The staff has unleashed a flood of offers to kids who are finishing up their sophomore seasons who would likely be considered 4- or 5-star prospects. This is something we traditionally did not attempt prior to Coach Freeze's arrival. I like the idea of getting us on the radar as early as possible. While the vast majority of these early offers ultimately will not be good fits for our unique school, having our own identity gives us a fighting chance with some of these blue chippers.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: June 6th, 2022, 11:53 pm We just picked up our first commit of the 2023 recruiting class. He's a mid tier 3* WR out of Georgia. I always love getting guys like this that have received a lot of offers. We really didn't get those guys a few years ago.

https://www.aseaofred.com/2023-3-star-w ... o-liberty/
This is a big get, both for what he can do himself, and because his 7 on 7 teammate is our top QB target .
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It looks like Jeremiah Shack from Mandarin High School down in Florida, which is Demario Douglas's high school. Jeremiah Shack is also a 3 star WR and top 800 high school prospect in the country.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:25 pm It looks like Jeremiah Shack from Mandarin High School down in Florida...a 3 star WR
If true, that's the second 3-star receiver in a row that chose LU over WVU. :clapping Make wise choices, young men! :fbplayer :fbplayer
rtb72 liked this
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:01 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:25 pm It looks like Jeremiah Shack from Mandarin High School down in Florida...a 3 star WR
If true, that's the second 3-star receiver in a row that chose LU over WVU. :clapping Make wise choices, young men! :fbplayer :fbplayer
86 plus rating -legit...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 2:31 pm Notice a specific school @Cider Jim :lol:
I'm really hoping the 'Eers go 0-3.
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
As of today:

70th on Rivals
79th on 247

Remember, this is without knowing the other 2 commitments that will be revealed tomorrow!

This 2023 recruiting class is shaping up to be the highest rated class ever for LU.
Ill flame liked this
By Ill flame
After watching any halfway decent DL we played in the backfield as soon as the ball was snapped its nice to see the OL getting the love it needs. The 3 ready made OL transfers we are bringing in should help a lot in the short term. Unfortunately we haven't really recruited much HS OL talent since HF took over so I'm glad that seems to be changing.
Baybird liked this
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: June 19th, 2022, 11:25 pm After watching any halfway decent DL we played in the backfield as soon as the ball was snapped its nice to see the OL getting the love it needs. The 3 ready made OL transfers we are bringing in should help a lot in the short term. Unfortunately we haven't really recruited much HS OL talent since HF took over so I'm glad that seems to be changing.
After watching a FCS talent O Line not only dominate G5 and hang with P5 in 19, then dominate in 20 to fall off the cliff 2nd half of 21, I sort of agree and then disagree...think our O Line coach had 1 foot out the door,,tried subbing way too much during drives ( unheard of for O Line ) and a certain RB who missed half his pass block reads...and a QB who subsequently held the ball way too long - I am delighted at the uptick in O Line recruit rating level per signee - the hardest talent to find at HS level, followed by D Line.
Baybird liked this
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: June 19th, 2022, 11:55 pm After watching a FCS talent O Line not only dominate G5 and hang with P5 in 19, then dominate in 20 to fall off the cliff 2nd half of 21, I sort of agree and then disagree...think our O Line coach had 1 foot out the door,,tried subbing way too much during drives ( unheard of for O Line ) and a certain RB who missed half his pass block reads...and a QB who subsequently held the ball way too long - I am delighted at the uptick in O Line recruit rating level per signee - the hardest talent to find at HS level, followed by D Line.
If you look at our QB sacked percentage over the last 3 years it hasn't been good. Especially when you consider the teams we've been playing during that time.
2019- 6.34% (69th of 130) (125 SOS)
2020- 7.19% (81st) (95 SOS)
2021- 12.87% (127th) (106 SOS)

Some of it can definitely be blamed on Malik trying to do too much but at least one guy on the OL got beat at the LOS on most plays. Even during our dominate bowl game against EMU I remember this being an issue. Having a coaching staff that's been very effective at doing more with less doesn't mean that unit was dominant.
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:38 am
tyndal23 wrote: June 19th, 2022, 11:55 pm After watching a FCS talent O Line not only dominate G5 and hang with P5 in 19, then dominate in 20 to fall off the cliff 2nd half of 21, I sort of agree and then disagree...think our O Line coach had 1 foot out the door,,tried subbing way too much during drives ( unheard of for O Line ) and a certain RB who missed half his pass block reads...and a QB who subsequently held the ball way too long - I am delighted at the uptick in O Line recruit rating level per signee - the hardest talent to find at HS level, followed by D Line.
If you look at our QB sacked percentage over the last 3 years it hasn't been good. Especially when you consider the teams we've been playing during that time.
2019- 6.34% (69th of 130) (125 SOS)
2020- 7.19% (81st) (95 SOS)
2021- 12.87% (127th) (106 SOS)

Some of it can definitely be blamed on Malik trying to do too much but at least one guy on the OL got beat at the LOS on most plays. Even during our dominate bowl game against EMU I remember this being an issue. Having a coaching staff that's been very effective at doing more with less doesn't mean that unit was dominant.
2019 we could pound the run and milk clock against G5 and Freeze said it was the best position group going in when he arrived. 2020, we could pound it against everyone but NC State. 2021 - couldn’t run or pass block consistently against anyone and the drop off made no sense based on the personnel we had back. O Line is hardest part of CFB to predict. If they can’t get it together with this schedule, going to be rough. As for recruiting, I want all the highest recruits in O and D Line - skill players are a dime a dozen.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]