The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 10:55 am Liberty has 3 players in the transfer portal, Wagoner, Poulich and Cino.
Those players all have legit playing time issues going forward. I hope they can find a place where their talents are needed more.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully, we can get a legit pitcher in the transfer portal or Juco to replace Kirby and a legit bat to replace Allan. Incoming freshman, Brynn McManus might slide into Allan's role. As of right now it's Keeney and Jones :shock:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:20 pm Bachman does have potential to develop into a good pitcher. But we still need to get a power pitcher out of portal. And a HR hitter.
Yes, a power pitcher with a rise ball and a effective change-up, and a power hitter/high average hitter . . . . . like Alo (34 HRs and .521 BA :) . . that's how we get to WCWS!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:20 pm But we still need to get a power pitcher out of portal. And a HR hitter.
Ballcoach, I'm confused. :dontgetit I thought you said the transfer portal was RUINING college athletics and that all athletes should stay loyal to their original team for 4 years. :oldhag
ATrain, Baybird, JK37 and 1 others liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 7th, 2022, 5:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:20 pm But we still need to get a power pitcher out of portal. And a HR hitter.
Ballcoach, I'm confused. :dontgetit I thought you said the transfer portal was RUINING college athletics and that all athletes should stay loyal to their original team for 4 years. :oldhag
Yep, that's practically what he said.

Surprisingly, there was a great pitcher right on the other side of Liberty Mountain named Eden Bigham. LU's coaching staff didn't even look at her, but she's getting a full ride to UVA.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: June 7th, 2022, 8:18 pm
Cider Jim wrote: June 7th, 2022, 5:20 pm
Yep, that's practically what he said.

Surprisingly, there was a great pitcher right on the other side of Liberty Mountain named Eden Bigham. LU's coaching staff didn't even look at her, but she's getting a full ride to UVA.
. . . and https://virginiasports.com/news/2021/11 ... ions-best/
By Ill flame
Chippy wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:50 pm Hopefully, we can get a legit pitcher in the transfer portal or Juco to replace Kirby and a legit bat to replace Allan. Incoming freshman, Brynn McManus might slide into Allan's role. As of right now it's Keeney and Jones :shock:
I don't know anything about Jones but wasn't Keeney pretty good for us this year?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The pitcher on the other side of the mountain WAS RECRUITED BY LIBERTY,but choose to sign with the school in Charlottesville.
By BigBlue17
Wagoner transferred to North Texas. I am hearing maybe 3-4 more may leave this summer. Rumor has it Plummer may end up with Gabby Ruiz at FIU.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 3:11 pm The pitcher on the other side of the mountain WAS RECRUITED BY LIBERTY,but choose to sign with the school in Charlottesville.
What about the girl from Appomattox?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 3:11 pm The pitcher on the other side of the mountain WAS RECRUITED BY LIBERTY,but choose to sign with the school in Charlottesville.
That's not what I heard from the folks in Rustburg
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
BigBlue17 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:49 pm Wagoner transferred to North Texas. I am hearing maybe 3-4 more may leave this summer. Rumor has it Plummer may end up with Gabby Ruiz at FIU.
Why does Dot have a high turnover rate? That's not normal to have that amount of players leave in one season if that's true.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A high turnover rate is becoming the normal in college 🥎, because of transfer portal. Liberty will probably have fewer players leaving than most schools. Oklahoma won the 🏆last night. I wouldn't be surprised if there are several Sooners in portal within next several days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: June 8th, 2022, 7:19 pm
She’s good I think she’s only a walk on at UVA if y ‘source’ is accurate. But that’s her dream school
flamehunter liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2022, 3:54 pm
She’s good I think she’s only a walk on at UVA if y ‘source’ is accurate. But that’s her dream school
According to UVa softball:
Courtney Layne | Left-Handed Pitcher | Appomattox, Va. | No. 35 Overall Recruit
• No. 35 overall recruit by Extra Inning Softball
• No. 14 pitcher by Extra Inning Softball
https://virginiasports.com/news/2021/11 ... ions-best/
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: June 13th, 2022, 4:07 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2022, 3:54 pm

According to UVa softball:
Courtney Layne | Left-Handed Pitcher | Appomattox, Va. | No. 35 Overall Recruit
• No. 35 overall recruit by Extra Inning Softball
• No. 14 pitcher by Extra Inning Softball
https://virginiasports.com/news/2021/11 ... ions-best/
So UVA will have 2 of the top pitchers in the class of '22 in the country. Not bad!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Plus, UVA has another incoming freshmen pitcher, I forget who she is. Only play with 1 🥎. I predict transfer portal in the future, for UVA.
Too many good pitchers from Virginia, go to schools other than Liberty.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 13th, 2022, 6:55 pm Plus, UVA has another incoming freshmen pitcher, I forget who she is. Only play with 1 🥎. I predict transfer portal in the future, for UVA.
Too many good pitchers from Virginia, go to schools other than Liberty.
Yes, the #10 ranked pitcher in the country (Rustburg) and the #14 pitcher in the country (Appomattox). I think it's hard to compete against state schools with academic/athletic pedigrees (ie, ACC, SEC, BIG, Big 12, etc.)
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Who gets offered at UVa or Tech and then opts for Liberty? I think we still have thirty or forty years of reputation building before that would even be a chance.
JK37, Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 7:59 am But that darn academic reputation…..
Study Mr. Jefferson's University Study
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]