This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We are digging ourselves quite a little hole here to get things started. EKU is up 4-1 and still batting in the top of the 3rd. Another 6 run inning like we've had the last 2 days would be just fine with me.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Three's second homer of the game gets us within 1 run. It's 4-3 after 3.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:22 pm Grand Slam for Logan Mathieu!! 14-5 Flames in the 6th.
I was just coming here to post that we finally got our 6 spot in one inning…and still hitting bottom 6.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I don’t put a lot of stock in batting average. I just don’t particularly care about it but Matthieu has a higher average than Orndorff now with his recent struggles.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
and the 6th goes on......

Orndorff hits a 3-run HR to CF to extend the lead to 18-5.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No slaughter rule in college baseball.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:41 pm No slaughter rule in college baseball.
I was just wondering about that. I’ve been keeping up with other conferences and I know the ACC has had a few games end early because of the score. I think I’ve seen it in other conference tourneys too but I’m not positive about them.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:41 pm No slaughter rule in college baseball.
Nothing across the board like softball, but it happens under some circumstances. The ASUN has a 10 run rule in double headers after 7 innings, which came into play for us this year. Going back several years, we were thrashing JMU 23-1, and the game was ended after 7 by "mutual agreement." That was the game which inspired the classic meme of every player in the JMU dugout with the "crying Jordan" face. :lol:
Cider Jim liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Flames win 18-9. Beamon comes in with 1 out in the 9th and bases loaded and gets two swinging K's to end EKU's threat. Let's go Flames!!
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Maybe we see Dylan again tomorrow? Or Gibson? He’s been MIA so far. Certainly don’t expect to see Horn.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Most likely they will start Gibson, and have Alba ready to go. Max has one day less rest than Cumming, but only threw 49 pitches compared to Dylan's 112. Hungate should be good to go, and after that it's 'all hands on deck." Beamon should be available to close, and Dylan might be able to go a couple. Garrett was super impressive Thursday, but going on 48 hours rest after 51 pitches might be a stretch. Is it possible Horn is available and they have been saving him for the final? I would say unlikely.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
It’s championship game day. Our 3rd appearance in 3 years in the title game.
Let’s hope someone steps up and brings the title home where it belongs in Lynchburg.
We’ve actually moved all way up to 32 in the RPI the last few days so I’m feeling pretty good about our regional chances even if we don’t come out on top today.
I can’t remember who but in one thread someone talked about this tourney format specifically helping RPI for all teams so he really hit the nail on the head with that one.
I’ve also been pretty worried about our at large chances but it’s actually looking good I think. Again someone else really crushed that saying we were likely in a week or 2 ago.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
It looked like Aaron called asked for time multiple times before that last pitch and ump never gave it to him.
Also glad to see the conference picked the best of the best to call the game today.
Anyway good guys down 0-3 after 3.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We’ve still got a chance to come back. The KSU pitching staff has proved all season and in this tournament no lead their offense gives them is safe but something needs to start happening soon.
0-5 going to the bottom of the 4th
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We look tired and uninterested so far through 4.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
A pair of HRs help us cut into the lead 3-5 after 5.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Bunt to lose baby…bunt to lose.
Bunting literally hurts the team. Lowers run expectancy in every single situation but we do it anyway.
Bunt to lose.
LUOrange liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully the committee thinks we are good enough to get in. I’m thinking we will but you never know.
By Ill flame
We definitely played like a team that thinks they have an at large bid. With a mid 30s RPI it would be shocking if we didn't get a bid.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Campbell wins the Big South regular season and tourney.
UNC is playing for the ACC title tomorrow.
Florida is playing on the SEC semifinal now and winning 8-0 in the 7th.
All good things for us.
olldflame, jinxy, Liberty_2023 and 1 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:36 pm Campbell wins the Big South regular season and tourney.
This game was even on ESPN.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]