This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
First, notice I said, "or." I don't know which.

Second, I believe in the existence of objective truth. This means that I can believe something is true and something is false and not everything is left up to "opinion" or "perspective."

Thirdly, I'm lucky enough to work in a area where I get to deal with experts of a variety of fields every day. This means I get the benefit of analysis without the lens of any media bias.

Fourth, I can't find any evidence to give his analysis weight. He hasn't demonstrated any kind of mastery of statistical analysis and experience that would make anything he has to say valuable. I understand you disagree. That's just my take on the dude, and I don't have to give him any more sunshine.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 11th, 2022, 4:34 pm Ask Dr Fauci about him. Wait a minute, where did Dr Fauci go lately? :lol:
He is still spouting the same old bs to any D list podcaster who will interview him.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: March 11th, 2022, 3:50 pm

I believe in the existence of objective truth. This means that I can believe something is true and something is false and not everything is left up to "opinion" or "perspective.".........

He hasn't demonstrated any kind of mastery of statistical analysis and experience that would make anything he has to say valuable....
So, you're assuming Berenson denies objectivity and basic grounds for truth & that he's somehow promoting this weirdo opinion thing that you keep mentioning? Is there any basis for this?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 11th, 2022, 4:44 pm
TH Spangler wrote: March 11th, 2022, 4:34 pm Ask Dr Fauci about him. Wait a minute, where did Dr Fauci go lately? :lol:
He is still spouting the same old bs to any D list podcaster who will interview him.
I guess, Faucci, somehow represents objective reality? How can that be? In actuality, he's more representative of a strange brew of scientific consensus mixed with fear, panic, and anxiety.
By tyndal23
Yacht Rock wrote: March 11th, 2022, 3:50 pm First, notice I said, "or." I don't know which.

Second, I believe in the existence of objective truth. This means that I can believe something is true and something is false and not everything is left up to "opinion" or "perspective."

Thirdly, I'm lucky enough to work in a area where I get to deal with experts of a variety of fields every day. This means I get the benefit of analysis without the lens of any media bias.

Fourth, I can't find any evidence to give his analysis weight. He hasn't demonstrated any kind of mastery of statistical analysis and experience that would make anything he has to say valuable. I understand you disagree. That's just my take on the dude, and I don't have to give him any more sunshine.
Pretty simple - pay for his book and you can chart everything he said and compare it to your experts and see who was right...
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Federal judge in Florida overturns US mask mandate on public transportation. TSA states that it will not enforce mask wearing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:04 pm Now it's time to remove the requirement for Covid testing prior to entering the US on international flights.
Bingo. Even at the height of the pandemic It never made sense to make that requirement universal, regardless of the situation in the country you are traveling from. Makes even less sense now.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I got a text on Easter morning while in church. It came from an unknown number, to a group of fifteen numbers of which I was one but didn’t recognize a single other number. It was weird. It stated as follows,

“ Imagine your Satan, Lucifer, the great deceiver, the Serpent. Your main goal in your entire existence is "to be like the Most High." You cannot supernaturally become God/man as God did through the virgin birth and thus having His DNA forever intermingled with that of man to ultimately redeem him through his death, burial and resurrection! Amen!
Back to the Serpent. His only means of manipulation is through the deception of man to do his work he has NO power in and of himself to do that which God
can do miraculously or supernaturally, keep that in mind.
So how would Satan accomplish "being like the Most High"?
What if he "modified" our DNA? How could this be accomplished you may ask? Consider this the definition/origin of the word "Virus" is Venum! Not only venum but literally SNAKE VENUM!!
Interesting huh?
Now going further the definition of the word "Corona" is Crown.
When we think of crown it naturally makes us think of King.
Therefore, putting this together we can see that this "Covid-19" "plandemic" is nothing more than King Cobra (Corona Virus), mRNA (modification of RNA) to synthesize in a lab what the Serpent (I.e. Satan) could not do supernaturally!!
One huge difference; he would cause damage to to the body to take as many with him as possible, he'll never die for you to give you the opportunity of everlasting life!
There is ONLY ONE WAY and that is through belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who willingly gave His life, shed His blood, was buried and rose again on the third day and we celebrate that today!
Happy Easter!!”

The group chain went on for several minutes with people agreeing and wishing each other happy Easter.

What do you all make of that?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It’s beautiful.

People really walk around with this type of crazy eschatology. As Humble Tip would say, “Thank you Tim and Beverly.”

Reminds me of a FB friend’s recent post about how she wouldn’t get a micro-chip implant from the anti-Christ, saying “God and Jesus only will be allowed to put a chip in me!”
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 19th, 2022, 7:22 am It’s beautiful.

People really walk around with this type of crazy eschatology. As Humble Tip would say, “Thank you Tim and Beverly.”

Reminds me of a FB friend’s recent post about how she wouldn’t get a micro-chip implant from the anti-Christ, saying “God and Jesus only will be allowed to put a chip in me!”
Do you reject Bible prophecy on the coming "mark of the beast"? I'm not implying what we're seeing today is it, but it's coming. Don't be left behind. :idea:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 19th, 2022, 12:18 am I got a text on Easter morning while in church. It came from an unknown number, to a group of fifteen numbers of which I was one but didn’t recognize a single other number. It was weird. It stated as follows,

“ Imagine your Satan, Lucifer, the great deceiver, the Serpent. Your main goal in your entire existence is "to be like the Most High." You cannot supernaturally become God/man as God did through the virgin birth and thus having His DNA forever intermingled with that of man to ultimately redeem him through his death, burial and resurrection! Amen!
Back to the Serpent. His only means of manipulation is through the deception of man to do his work he has NO power in and of himself to do that which God
can do miraculously or supernaturally, keep that in mind.
So how would Satan accomplish "being like the Most High"?
What if he "modified" our DNA? How could this be accomplished you may ask? Consider this the definition/origin of the word "Virus" is Venum! Not only venum but literally SNAKE VENUM!!
Interesting huh?
Now going further the definition of the word "Corona" is Crown.
When we think of crown it naturally makes us think of King.
Therefore, putting this together we can see that this "Covid-19" "plandemic" is nothing more than King Cobra (Corona Virus), mRNA (modification of RNA) to synthesize in a lab what the Serpent (I.e. Satan) could not do supernaturally!!
One huge difference; he would cause damage to to the body to take as many with him as possible, he'll never die for you to give you the opportunity of everlasting life!
There is ONLY ONE WAY and that is through belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who willingly gave His life, shed His blood, was buried and rose again on the third day and we celebrate that today!
Happy Easter!!”

The group chain went on for several minutes with people agreeing and wishing each other happy Easter.

What do you all make of that?
First thought, delete text messages from anyone you don't know and never click a link in an unsolicited text msg. If you do, keep an eye on your bank account balance. :lol:
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Random guy (@JradRabel) on Twitter for the win.

Jared - I boarded a plane today with my son and mid flight, the pilot announces that the mask mandate is over. Flight attendants pulled off their masks and sneezed directly into their hands while screaming “this is MAGA airspace”. My son turned to me in tears. I don’t know what to do.

Victoria Kim - Hi Jared, I'm a New York Times jounalist, I'd love to speak to you over the phone about what happened on your flight this evening. Can you please give me a call at XXX-XXX-XXXX or let me know how I can reach you? Hope this isn't coming too late in your day. Thank you, look forward to hearing from you.

Jared - Hello Victoria, I would love to discuss the incident at your earliest convenience. I was pretty upset about the whole thing. Unfortunately it's satire that only someone at the NYT would believe. In my time of contemplation, I was wondering how your team deals with the multitude of false stores that you peddle out daily to use as political propaganda and if you could give me advice on how to take my satire to the next level? Best wishes
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:26 am

Do you reject Bible prophecy on the coming "mark of the beast"? I'm not implying what we're seeing today is it, but it's coming. Don't be left behind. :idea:
I’ve just never seen the take that God and Jesus might offer a microchip and that would be ok
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 19th, 2022, 1:17 pm
TH Spangler wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:26 am

I’ve just never seen the take that God and Jesus might offer a microchip and that would be ok
Yea, no God chip, just the Holy Spirit :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:28 am Latest virus outbreak monkeypox has been traced to two "raves" held in Spain and Belgium.
Guess who’s going to be in Spain in 2 weeks :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:47 am
TH Spangler wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:28 am Latest virus outbreak monkeypox has been traced to two "raves" held in Spain and Belgium.
Guess who’s going to be in Spain in 2 weeks :shock:
We know you won't be able to pass on the raves, but since Mrs. Purple will be with you, I'm sure you will refrain from the "activities" that would put you at risk.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]