If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 3:56 am Pittsburgh was my 2nd favorite NFL team. I hope they go 0-16 with Quitter Pickett at QB.
That's a classic Ballcoach response--at 3:56 in the morning!
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 6:24 am I'll take my dislike for Pickett a step farther, I hope he never plays a down for Steelers.
This young man had nothing to do with anything that happened. It's very odd and illogical to root so hard against a young man simply trying to be a good football player.
After countless hours of research and looking at all possible angles the Steelers decided that Pickett was the best fit for the franchise right now. Hoping they fail or that Pickett fails does nothing. How about cheering for Malik to do well wherever he ends up...
Purple Haize, Baybird, socal_flame and 2 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 7:00 am
ballcoach15 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 6:24 am I'll take my dislike for Pickett a step farther, I hope he never plays a down for Steelers.
This young man had nothing to do with anything that happened. It's very odd and illogical to root so hard against a young man simply trying to be a good football player.
After countless hours of research and looking at all possible angles the Steelers decided that Pickett was the best fit for the franchise right now. Hoping they fail or that Pickett fails does nothing. How about cheering for Malik to do well wherever he ends up...
He’s a Super Fan. He sees everything through the lenses and blinders of his FanDom No different than lots of people out there. He only sees things in terms of his Favorite Team or Players If they are slighted then that is an evil act that must be punished by his scorn and not being a fan.
It’s what SuperFans do. It’s not what coaches do.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
If this thing starts to go beyond the mid second round, that chip will likely grow larger and larger. By then, too many QB deficient teams passing multiple times. That said, the thing that still matters most is where he actually lands. A quality organization with an innovative offensive coordinator would be ideal. And nothing wrong with carrying a clipboard for a year or two, if you land in the right spot.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The clipboard is what has scared off some teams in the first round. That's why I expect him to get snatched up fairly quickly. Perhaps even with the first pick this evening with that team knowing they need an heir apparent for the GOAT. There is now way he falls beyond #49.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 29th, 2022, 9:48 am The clipboard is what has scared off some teams in the first round. That's why I expect him to get snatched up fairly quickly. Perhaps even with the first pick this evening with that team knowing they need an heir apparent for the GOAT. There is now way he falls beyond #49.
A red shirt year carring a clipboard on the Buc sideline behind the GOAT would be my #1 choice. Better than being picked in round one.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
That would be interesting. Brady would likely have a problem with it, though. Would love to see it nonetheless.

He'll likely go in the second, but don't be shocked if he slips to the third. All bets are off at this stage. Going later is always better if you land with the right team. Titans have been my first choice for what's best for Malik's immediate success. But my sentimental favorite is with the Giants. But, don't think Mara would let it happen. Wish we could fire him. Such is life.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Seattle maybe? Cleveland had one QB who’s gonna probably start the year in prison. Another QB they’ve given up on…..and Jacoby Brissett
TB is interesting since Brady is on a year to year lease.
ATL?
The Vikings can afford to wait but need to think about Life After Cousins
Raiders have been looking for a DC replacement for awhile
Carolina?

Lots of needles to thread. I hope the young man gets chosen early tonight to alleviate all his angst. Can’t be any fun being “Best Available” for the last umpteen hours after being widely considered a 1st rounder. I hate that for him
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been too consumed with softball to do my homework on NFL Draft, but Willis going to Tampa Bay might be a good option. He can get coached up by Brady, and be ready to start when Brady retires.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m not sure Brady wants to coach-up anybody.

I’m not sure I like the Whoa Is Me tone, persevering through faith. Being picked in the second round is not some life trial. Use it for all the motivation you want, sure! But The first player picked in the second round will receive a four-year contract worth about $9.981 million, and it drops from there. So it doesn’t come with a fifth year and less of the money is guaranteed - as opposed to the first round. Second round is still fine. Comes with less pressure too. Let’s not view this as the young man - who I love - getting publicly harangued or something close.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Tampa said, "no thanks, Malik."
By tyndal23
rmiller1959 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 7:50 pm Seattle passed on him? Unbelievable. I think it's Detroit that's going to get him.
Best O Line for him to play behind, hope Detroit gets him at this point.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach has A LOT of teams to cheer against and hope they go 0-16 at this point.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Saints?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I’m disappointed for Malik, but really want him in Seattle. Russell Wilson had better stats his year in Wisconsin and was drafted by the Seahawks in the third round. Malik’s character, faith, and playing style remind me of Russell Wilson. It would be great to cheer for him WHILE cheering for my Seahawks. In any case, I’ll be cheering for him.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Falcons maybe?
By LUDad
tyndal23 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 8:01 pm
rmiller1959 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 7:50 pm Seattle passed on him? Unbelievable. I think it's Detroit that's going to get him.
Best O Line for him to play behind, hope Detroit gets him at this point.
I think he would be better off being drafted tomorrow than going to Detroit.
JK37 liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Both GMs from Atlanta & Minnesota need to be fired right now! Seattle's GM too. I hate this for Malik and his family. Why even invite someone to the draft if you had any inclination that he might not go till this late in 2nd or potentially in the 3rd.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]