If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The womens side always has more early upsets but they rarely have a Cinderella in the FF. The talent gap is just that big. It has gotten smaller but still it’s big

The UNC Baylor game was super physical. I’m not of the opinion the refs did a horrible job. They picked the fouls they were gonna call and called them. UNC was not very aggressive against the press and the aggressor will often get the benefit of the doubt. They blew a ton of whistles but if they’d called every touch and slid pivot foot we’d still be playing. What they called/didn’t call was consistent at least. Even Salvatore thought they did pretty good even though missing a call here or there.

Gonzaga just about crushed everyone’s bracket last night. Memphis is a solid team and we’re 1 spot up shooter away from knocking them off.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Just got back from Disney last night and completely missed the first two and 3/4 days of the tourney, but loved watching the Gonzaga game last night. Timme is the perfect college player. He’s that guy that always wins tourney games for mid-majors, but leveled up to 1000. Old-man post-game that will never translate to the next level, so he stays in college forever and feasts on the young bigs who can’t keep up.

I think Gonzaga also just plain wore out Memphis. Their conditioning is unreal and it especially shows in the 2nd game in 3 days.
Purple Haize liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yesterday is the first time that I can ever recall cheering for UNC in a tourney. That is just how much I despise Baylor and Sochan in particular. The refs did little to step in and manage was an obvious sabotage job by the Rodman wannabe. The Tarheels did a terrible job of managing the instigations and kept giving him a pass on penalties. Just my take.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 20th, 2022, 10:26 am Yesterday is the first time that I can ever recall cheering for UNC in a tourney. That is just how much I despise Baylor and Sochan in particular. The refs did little to step in and manage was an obvious sabotage job by the Rodman wannabe. The Tarheels did a terrible job of managing the instigations and kept giving him a pass on penalties. Just my take.
Ha. We were calling him Rodman as well. UNC showed me some intestinal fortitude that they have not been known for in the past.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Guy complains consistently about the lack of posts and a coaches attire is what he chooses to pad his post count with? Seems like one would want to include something more substantial in their posts but what do I know?

This has been the smallest amount I have ever watched of the opening weekend and it hasn't been by choice. I did watch the Saint Peter's game last night. I'm a sucker for teams like this.

I really expected Gonzaga to fold last night to a very tough Memphis team but they really gutted that one out.
ATrain liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Imagine literally being stuck in the 1950s…
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
@Purple Haize youre right about parity. But 20 years ago it was 2-4 teams for the Final Four. Now it’s legitimately 8-10 teams for the final four, and double-digit seeds with upsets (as many this year as last two years combined).

Men: Another Big Ten goes down. How does that conference get so much love and consistently get so beat down? You’d think the committee would eventually learn.

Villanova can slow-ball Ohio State. But Michigan will test that, as will AZ big time if they get that far.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 20th, 2022, 4:21 pm Imagine literally being stuck in the 1950s…
That's NOT Ballcoach. I've seen what he wears to work, and it's not a suit and tie; it's usually clothes he gets from the dollar store. But he does have "church clothes" for Sunday (when he's not skipping church to go to a softball game in Kentucky). :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 20th, 2022, 5:25 pm @Purple Haize youre right about parity. But 20 years ago it was 2-4 teams for the Final Four. Now it’s legitimately 8-10 teams for the final four, and double-digit seeds with upsets (as many this year as last two years combined).

Men: Another Big Ten goes down. How does that conference get so much love and consistently get so beat down? You’d think the committee would eventually learn.

Villanova can slow-ball Ohio State. But Michigan will test that, as will AZ big time if they get that far.
To be fair Illinois and Houston were. 4/5 match up
Ohio State was ranked lower than Nova
No excuse for Iowa chocking :!:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 20th, 2022, 5:28 pm
jbock13 wrote: March 20th, 2022, 4:21 pm Imagine literally being stuck in the 1950s…
That's NOT Ballcoach. I've seen what he wears to work, and it's not a suit and tie; it's usually clothes he gets from the dollar store. But he does have "church clothes" for Sunday (when he's not skipping church to go to a softball game in Kentucky). :shock:
So your confirming he actually IS stuck in the 50’s. Probably still salty women can vote and drive
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 20th, 2022, 7:48 am I can’t stand Arkansas cosch.
Coach Muss is awesome. I lived a few houses down from him in 2020. Personally, he's a nice guy and funny. In games and practice, he is intense. He's the kind of coach that all the home team fans love. His players love him and they share it publicly. No other coach can touch his social media game.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: March 20th, 2022, 8:24 pm
Coach Muss is awesome. I lived a few houses down from him in 2020. Personally, he's a nice guy and funny. In games and practice, he is intense. He's the kind of coach that all the home team fans love. His players love him and they share it publicly. No other coach can touch his social media game.
I’m willing to be corrected. His in-game interviews this tourney have been cringey for me. I’m not a fan of the edge/out of control perception he generates, which I’m sure is calculated. Just a preference.
SumItUp liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 20th, 2022, 6:59 pm
JK37 wrote: March 20th, 2022, 5:25 pm @Purple Haize youre right about parity. But 20 years ago it was 2-4 teams for the Final Four. Now it’s legitimately 8-10 teams for the final four, and double-digit seeds with upsets (as many this year as last two years combined).

To be fair Illinois and Houston were. 4/5 match up
Ohio State was ranked lower than Nova
No excuse for Iowa chocking :!:
Houston was without arguably it’s top 2 kids.

Wisconsin was handed home court advantage.

Let’s see what Purdue can do. They are the BigTen team I liked most this year.

Tournament time is about guard play. BigTen just doesn’t have enough of it. I like Nielle’s boy at Purdue a lot though.
By tyndal23
SumItUp wrote: March 20th, 2022, 8:24 pm
Same, I hear nothing but great things about him from my Hog friends.
SumItUp liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 20th, 2022, 8:48 pm Wiscy shot 2-22 from three, hard to win doing that.
And it was STILL close. If Wisconsin had ANY creativity or in game adjustments they would have won
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I can see either Houston or Providence making their way into the Final Four. Ed Cooley is probably the most underrated coach in America
Won’t be surprised to see Duke lose to Texas Tech.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 20th, 2022, 11:38 pm The "down year" for ACC resulted in 3 teams still alive.
Yeah, I’m inclined to think we’ve confirmed that Big12 is top conference. And we’ve learned Big Ten and SEC were a little overrated and ACC slightly underrated. Pac12 is right where we thought they were: very good top with a bottom nowhere to be found (reminds me of this girl I dated once…).
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]