If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Let's certainly hope it's not the Lions. That seems like it would be worst case scenario as far as development and having anything resembling success. That franchise has no desire to win.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Possibly overly-biased analysis coming from Jeremiah. His dad served on LU board and DJ somehow played QB elsewhere? Have no idea why though.

It's always better to get a completely unbiased evaluation when one is available. For example, one ESPN commentator has Malik going second overall after a trade to the Chiefs involving Mahomes, Reid, seven draft picks, and a player to be named later. So, in this analysis, Malik is a Chief and Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are shipped off to Detroit along with a shopping cart full of draft picks. Sam Ponder is the ESPN commentator. Should be interesting. We'll see how it all plays out.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: January 25th, 2022, 11:08 am Possibly overly-biased analysis coming from Jeremiah. His dad served on LU board and DJ somehow played QB elsewhere? Have no idea why though.

It's always better to get a completely unbiased evaluation when one is available. For example, one ESPN commentator has Malik going second overall after a trade to the Chiefs involving Mahomes, Reid, seven draft picks, and a player to be named later. So, in this analysis, Malik is a Chief and Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are shipped off to Detroit along with a shopping cart full of draft picks. Sam Ponder is the ESPN commentator. Should be interesting. We'll see how it all plays out.
Sounds riveting. Got a link?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Malik is turning heads at Senior Bowl. There is a significant buzz going on. The workouts and practices actually carry the most weight this week as coaches and draft evaluators are getting a firsthand up-close look.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 1st, 2022, 7:23 pm Malik is turning heads at Senior Bowl. There is a significant buzz going on. The workouts and practices actually carry the most weight this week as coaches and draft evaluators are getting a firsthand up-close look.
That's what I'm reading also, many say he's looking like QB1 in class.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The best tweet I saw was he had the 5 best passes and the 5 worst passes of the day
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It appears he has really stepped up and moved up the Draft Board. Good for him. I’m changing my earlier predictions and thinking he will slip into the 1st Round. Anything after the 2nd would be disappointing
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I watched the Senior Bowl day 2 recap on NFL network. They had him as the player that stood out most. He also got an interview on the show. I think he's definitely improving his stock. We will see how how the rest of the week goes.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
You'd have to watch every minute of every game. They have no idea how tough he is. The ironman quality and will to win is off the charts.
Last edited by paradox on February 4th, 2022, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I knew he had the potential to do well but you just never know until things play out how a player is going to react. I think Malik is showing the NFL that not only is he talented, but he has a good head on his shoulders. Very intrigued to see how high he ends up going.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
This is what Freeze needs to continue to push. It really doesn't matter as much where you play anymore - everyone plays enough good teams to showcase themselves, BUT character matters and coming from a school like Liberty should mean something... Especially with all these character issues in the news these days.
Baybird liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Did you know that Malik is not the only QB at the Senior Bowl with some ties to LU? Bailey Zappe's head coach at HBU before he transferred to Western Kentucky was former Flames QB Vic Shealy. Yeah, it is a stretch but I found it interesting.

In the meantime, a quick scan of Twitter shows that the entire NFL is buzzing about Malik. Whether it is his proponents or the haters, everyone is buzzing right now. If he shows well in the game, he likely heads to the Combine as the clear QB1 for the draft.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 4th, 2022, 11:16 am Did you know that Malik is not the only QB at the Senior Bowl with some ties to LU? Bailey Zappe's head coach at HBU before he transferred to Western Kentucky was former Flames QB Vic Shealy. Yeah, it is a stretch but I found it interesting.

In the meantime, a quick scan of Twitter shows that the entire NFL is buzzing about Malik. Whether it is his proponents or the haters, everyone is buzzing right now. If he shows well in the game, he likely heads to the Combine as the clear QB1 for the draft.
Maybe it’s me but I’m not seeing a lot of hate
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]