Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:32 pm I really like the visual. Cabana’s blend in with stadium and are at the top
When I read that Ian looked at several schools' Cabana seating, I googled what Miss. State had, since Ian mentioned them by name. The Dawgs may be SEC, but I think LU's Cabana seating will be far superior to what they have in Starkville.

https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/ ... w3kQXIOT6M
By rtb72
Went by stadium today just to see what it was looking like. There is no berm at all now, with exception of logo (hope they keep that for sure). Just a big hole. I couldn't tell if they had started seating upgrades, but when i did my seat selection, i noticed there were less seats offered in our row than there were last year. Last year, we had 22 seats, compared to 20 offered this year. I guess the improved seating reduced the number of seats in the row. Specifically, section 104 preferred. I did not see any work resembling the cabanas. My wife's takeaway was similar to mine; there is a lot of work left to do and the season opener is ONLY four months and some change away. It will certainly be nice assuming everything goes according to plan and timeline.
By tyndal23
rtb72 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 10:16 pm Went by stadium today just to see what it was looking like. There is no berm at all now, with exception of logo (hope they keep that for sure). Just a big hole. I couldn't tell if they had started seating upgrades, but when i did my seat selection, i noticed there were less seats offered in our row than there were last year. Last year, we had 22 seats, compared to 20 offered this year. I guess the improved seating reduced the number of seats in the row. Specifically, section 104 preferred. I did not see any work resembling the cabanas. My wife's takeaway was similar to mine; there is a lot of work left to do and the season opener is ONLY four months and some change away. It will certainly be nice assuming everything goes according to plan and timeline.
Moving dirt is the slowest part. Once the grade and retaining walls are done, moves fast. Bleacher swap out for chair backs will hit high gear after Graduation ceremony. Not that big of a project, will move fast.
LUOrange, rtb72, Baybird liked this
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who can waste some time checking the live cams out. I check them more often than I'd care to admit to.

BTW - are most of us in agreement that the "Jerry Falwell Center" seems like a big waste of money? First of all, I think the Hancock Welcome Center is absolutely beautiful sitting on the hill as-is. This can only detract from that. Secondly, Jerry already has a library and a memorial and a parkway, etc. Is this really needed?
LUOrange liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote:Glad to know that I'm not the only one who can waste some time checking the live cams out. I check them more often than I'd care to admit to.

BTW - are most of us in agreement that the "Jerry Falwell Center" seems like a big waste of money? First of all, I think the Hancock Welcome Center is absolutely beautiful sitting on the hill as-is. This can only detract from that. Secondly, Jerry already has a library and a memorial and a parkway, etc. Is this really needed?
Consider the name. Now you understand why it was built.
BlueBlood wrote: May 18th, 2022, 4:42 pm Glad to know that I'm not the only one who can waste some time checking the live cams out. I check them more often than I'd care to admit to.

I'm the loser that checks these forums daily for stimulating and entertaining Flames message board conversation. Unfortunately, y'all have been rather disappointing lately...

But as huge fan of Dr. Falwell, I agree. The Falwell Center is a big waste of money, more so than the Little Arena. But even worse is where they want to put it. They really need to quit building on main campus. Main campus is gorgeous now, and once New Rot is done they need to leave it alone. They have plenty of land and plenty of other buildings to where they could put it. My preference would be to put it at the old TRBC. I think it would be very fitting for it and the Seminary to go there. And as far as I know, they still own the property, they just lease it out to the Ramp Church and the City Schools.
Back on topic, the Williams Stadium expansion will finally make LU's stadium larger than JMU's stadium. This is especially sweet knowing that we are now both FBS programs.
rtb72, LUOrange, phoenix and 1 others liked this
Cider Jim wrote: May 19th, 2022, 7:15 am Back on topic, the Williams Stadium expansion will finally make LU's stadium larger than JMU's stadium. This is especially sweet knowing that we are now both FBS programs.

And much nicer/prettier. JMU’s stadium is a hot mess. If you are facing one direction, it looks like a low-end P5 stadium. If you face the other direction, it looks like a high school stadium. I always assumed it was a temporary situation and they would finish it someday with a more cohesive look - but it’s looked like this for a long time now.
Cider Jim liked this
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: May 19th, 2022, 7:15 am Back on topic, the Williams Stadium expansion will finally make LU's stadium larger than JMU's stadium. This is especially sweet knowing that we are now both FBS programs.
We actually officially lose seating , not gain. Replacing bench back with chair backs drops capacity a bit ( per Ian on his interview a while back )
tyndal23 wrote: May 19th, 2022, 10:42 am
We actually officially lose seating , not gain. Replacing bench back with chair backs drops capacity a bit ( per Ian on his interview a while back )
If the Bill ends up with fewer seats than JMU, I'm not sure I can handle that. :banghead :frustrated Crybaby
Cider Jim wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:28 pm
tyndal23 wrote: May 19th, 2022, 10:42 am
If the Bill ends up with fewer seats than JMU, I'm not sure I can handle that. :banghead :frustrated Crybaby
Quality > Quanity
official listed capacity at Bridgeforth Stadium is 24,877 so it was already slightly smaller than the Bill, but that will change. Bridgeforth looks great on one side and mickey mouse on the other.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:16 pm Do we know yet what color the chair back seats are going to be?
As long as they are NOT teal, I'll be happy! :nono :nonono :nono
CCWMichael liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]