This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I know that stat has been making the rounds, but it’s a misrepresentation of what she said. She said 75% of deaths among those who are vaccinated had 4 or more comorbidities.

Here’s the study:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a4.htm

But, again, its about proximate cause. If someone has heart disease, gets COVID and dies, they aren’t killed by the heart disease. Even if they have stage 4 cancer with 6 months to live, if they get COVID and die 6 months before they would have if they had not had it, they still died of COVID.

@JK37, we do have a pretty good idea of how many would have died anyway based on excess death statistics. Based on projections, we are actually underestimating how many people have died of COVID.

Here’s the data on that: https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
How many of the excess deaths were due to Covid vs. negligence in early treatment? How many of the excess deaths in the US were due to hospital protocols including Remdesivir and ventilators?

Follow the money
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:55 am I know that stat has been making the rounds, but it’s a misrepresentation of what she said. She said 75% of deaths among those who are vaccinated had 4 or more comorbidities.

Here’s the study:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a4.htm

But, again, its about proximate cause. If someone has heart disease, gets COVID and dies, they aren’t killed by the heart disease. Even if they have stage 4 cancer with 6 months to live, if they get COVID and die 6 months before they would have if they had not had it, they still died of COVID.

@JK37, we do have a pretty good idea of how many would have died anyway based on excess death statistics. Based on projections, we are actually underestimating how many people have died of COVID.

Here’s the data on that: https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid
The Italians studied it and it showed ~3 comorbitues regardless of status.
But the stat Wolensky threw out is accurate but being misrepresented. The bigger news was the fact they don’t have the “with” and “from” breakdown.
Then there is this, which looks at IFR.

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:27 pm How many of the excess deaths were due to Covid vs. negligence in early treatment? How many of the excess deaths in the US were due to hospital protocols including Remdesivir and ventilators?

Follow the money
The ventilator bit irks me because it’s a complete misunderstanding of the situation. If the hospital is putting you on a vent, it’s because you are going to die if they don’t. The fact that a lot of people don’t make it off the vent doesn’t mean the vent is killing people. They would have been dead a lot sooner without it.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:49 pm
SumItUp wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:27 pm How many of the excess deaths were due to Covid vs. negligence in early treatment? How many of the excess deaths in the US were due to hospital protocols including Remdesivir and ventilators?

Follow the money
The ventilator bit irks me because it’s a complete misunderstanding of the situation. If the hospital is putting you on a vent, it’s because you are going to die if they don’t. The fact that a lot of people don’t make it off the vent doesn’t mean the vent is killing people. They would have been dead a lot sooner without it.
Easy to say, impossible to prove.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:55 am
False.

If they wouldn’t have died of COVID without the heart disease, then they died of COVID and heart disease. That’s the whole point of the “co-“ in comorbidity.

If your intent is to inject fear into the society, rather than scientifically protect that society’s health…well, here we are.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 1:35 pm Ask any ICU nurse what their protocol is for vents. You’re not going to be on one unless you would die without it.
I believe this is true. And if recovery isn’t possible, why put them on the vent at all?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 2:00 pm
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:55 am
False.

If they wouldn’t have died of COVID without the heart disease, then they died of COVID and heart disease. That’s the whole point of the “co-“ in comorbidity.

If your intent is to inject fear into the society, rather than scientifically protect that society’s health…well, here we are.
I see what you’re saying, but that’s not how these stats are counted for other diseases, so I wouldn’t say it’s purposely presented this way to inject fear, they’re just following the established procedure for determining cause of death. It would get very convoluted to not use proximate cause as the official cause of death.

Let’s say an obese guy dies of a heart attack, should we say the cause of death is “heart attack and obesity?” Take it further, let’s say our friend has developed diabetes because of his weight, is the cause of death “heart attack and obesity and diabetes?” No, we would say the cause of death would be the heart attack, because if he hadn’t had the heart attack, he wouldn’t have died.
JK37 wrote:[quote=stokesjokes post_id=638667 time=<a href="tel:1642095332" data-original-title="" title="">1642095332</a> user_id=2144]
Ask any ICU nurse what their protocol is for vents. You’re not going to be on one unless you would die without it.

I believe this is true. And if recovery isn’t possible, why put them on the vent at all?[/quote]

It’s not that recovery isn’t possible, but the survival rates aren’t very pleasant. From a quick search I can’t find any large-scale data, but the smaller studies from individual health systems suggest that the survival rate is well over 50%. Of course, if it’s framed as “40% of people put on ventilators die! See, it’s the ventilators killing people!”, then you’re dealing with someone who either doesn’t understand what’s going on or is being intentionally misleading about it.
JK37 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Also, quick note, I’m not sure if this is how you’re using it or not, but “morbidity” in co-morbidity doesn’t have anything to do with death.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 5:52 pm Your link isn’t working for me
Probably because you’re a flaming liberal poopey head :D or I accidentally added a letter to the hyperlink. You can take your pick :D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKCN2251PE
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 8:12 pm Can I pick both?
No. Because then you’d be a greedy Capitalist
By cruzan_flame13
SumItUp wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:44 am If 75% of the deaths had 4 or more comorbidities, it's likely a large number of them were not actual deaths from Covid.
As a reminder:

bitchute.com/video/vJ2iQG1BSk5D/

What's interesting about Mullis death was it was a couple months before this event:

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

Interesting enough, this conference occurred two months prior before what we know as covid-19 began to be announced globally(BTW, the death rate of influenza was more than than the previous years, but the stats cease in some areas around January of 2020. That's when flu deaths was announced as not occurring [as much] for an entire year).

"For the historical audit brings so much to light which is false and absurd, violent and inhuman, that the condition of pious illusion falls to pieces." ~Nietzsche
By tyndal23
What happened to LynchburgWildcat? Soros stop paying him to post on this thread? StokesJokes seems to be still getting paid. 😉
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I may be the last person on the board to admit this, but I got my FIRST vax shot after church today at the Wards Road CVS. The older nurse who gave me the shot couldn't have been nicer or more informative.

Now it's been 6 hours later, and I'm just waiting for the side effects to kick in, hoping that I don't die in my sleep. :pray
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 9:06 pm What happened to LynchburgWildcat? Soros stop paying him to post on this thread? StokesJokes seems to be still getting paid. 😉
Nice work if you can get it!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]