This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#638742
But way better than any HRC alternative
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
#638743
It was completely legit to vote for him solely on SCOTUS. Another valid reason would be to push back against that cult that says climate change and diversity are the only things that matter in the universe. The real question is how do you justify voting Dem (excluding the Manchins/Sinemas).
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#638746
paradox wrote: January 15th, 2022, 10:22 am It was completely legit to vote for him solely on SCOTUS. Another valid reason would be to push back against that cult that says climate change and diversity are the only things that matter in the universe. The real question is how do you justify voting Dem (excluding the Manchins/Sinemas).
Because Biden is a Uniter. Oops
Because Biden isn’t mean spirited. Oops
Because Biden will give us respect Internationally. Oops
Because will lower the temperature of debate. Oops
Because Biden will crush Covid. Oops
Because Biden won’t send mean Tweets! True. He doesn’t Tweet. His staff does
Because Biden has more integrity. Oops
Because Biden isn’t Trump. There ya go!
LU 57, flamehunter, LUminary and 1 others liked this
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#638748
Purple Haize wrote: January 15th, 2022, 10:16 am But way better than any HRC alternative
Yeah. I do wonder how Trump would have done against any other candidate. She was awful. Biden has his flaws and all but compared to HRC, he was a great candidate :lol:
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#638750
Purple Haize wrote: January 15th, 2022, 10:33 am
paradox wrote: January 15th, 2022, 10:22 am It was completely legit to vote for him solely on SCOTUS. Another valid reason would be to push back against that cult that says climate change and diversity are the only things that matter in the universe. The real question is how do you justify voting Dem (excluding the Manchins/Sinemas).
Because will lower the temperature of debate. Oops
I'm not convinced there is a candidate that will ever lower the temperature of debate. Between cable news and social media, it just is a near impossible task. (I realize this sets up perfectly for TH's next prophecy post :lol: ) As the great Eric Bischoff famously said, "Controversy creates cash!"😄

Image
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#638752
You absolutely are not wrong. But that’s what Team Biden and Never Trumpers were touting. To his credit Trump didn’t promise that because even he knew no one would believe it :D :D
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#638755
They were because it was a campaign strategy but nobody will ever convince me that anybody, including those you referenced, ever believed it would be possible.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#638770
thepostman wrote: January 15th, 2022, 12:10 pm They were because it was a campaign strategy but nobody will ever convince me that anybody, including those you referenced, ever believed it would be possible.
I know a lot of Never Trumpers who believed it
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#638781
thepostman wrote: January 15th, 2022, 7:59 pm I know plenty who say they believe it. Good people too. I still don't buy it.
Well you’re also horribly jaded :D
thepostman liked this
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#638962
TH Spangler wrote: January 19th, 2022, 5:45 pm Setting here listening to Biden. I sure am glad college educated voters went the polls and got this guy out of his basement :lol:
I finally heard an analysis of the 2020election that made sense to me.
The 10’s of millions of dollars people like Zuckerberg dumped into certain States allowed people to vote who would have been too lazy to do so otherwise
jmclaughlin liked this
User avatar
By jmclaughlin
Posts
#638963
Those who vote for a living now outnumber those who work for a living. Pathway to Venezuela 2.0 has been fully commenced
TH Spangler liked this
User avatar
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
#639126
Purple Haize wrote:You absolutely are not wrong. But that’s what Team Biden and Never Trumpers were touting. To his credit Trump didn’t promise that because even he knew no one would believe it :D :D
People had trump fatigue. the moderates did anyway. and they saw biden as basically a political bump on a log. someone who's never really done anything in years of office and likely will do nothing as president and that may be ok.

I don't think any party wanted this presidency. they all knew there was going to be massive amounts of inflation and the virus wasn't going away anytime soon. whoever was in office would of been vary unpopular to the masses.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#639127
RubberMallet wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:41 am
Purple Haize wrote:You absolutely are not wrong. But that’s what Team Biden and Never Trumpers were touting. To his credit Trump didn’t promise that because even he knew no one would believe it :D :D
People had trump fatigue. the moderates did anyway. and they saw biden as basically a political bump on a log. someone who's never really done anything in years of office and likely will do nothing as president and that may be ok.

I don't think any party wanted this presidency. they all knew there was going to be massive amounts of inflation and the virus wasn't going away anytime soon. whoever was in office would of been vary unpopular to the masses.
Biden promised he would wipe out the virus. And pulling the plug on our energy independents made things much better.
User avatar
By jmclaughlin
Posts
#639129
RubberMallet wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:41 am
Purple Haize wrote:You absolutely are not wrong. But that’s what Team Biden and Never Trumpers were touting. To his credit Trump didn’t promise that because even he knew no one would believe it :D :D
People had trump fatigue. the moderates did anyway. and they saw biden as basically a political bump on a log. someone who's never really done anything in years of office and likely will do nothing as president and that may be ok.

I don't think any party wanted this presidency. they all knew there was going to be massive amounts of inflation and the virus wasn't going away anytime soon. whoever was in office would of been vary unpopular to the masses.
What we should all have known about Biden, long before his Presidency, is that he is a windsock of the Democratic Party. He has no intellectual, individual thoughts of his own and never has. His policy / platform is perpetually up for bid. This is what should have "moderates" fleeing the democratic party in droves. The sharp revolt of Trumpism of the left has swung the pendulum so far left that the swing back to the right will be swift and will result in heavy Dem losses in the Senate and House in the next 2 elections. The sudden upheaval SCJ Breyer is just one indicator of this shift. My hope is that these limp wristed republicans begin to govern the will of the people and not their political interests.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#639131
JK37 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 11:39 am Happy hoping. Color me pessimistic they will.
Chinese communist party money influences most in DC. Seems to control most multinational corporations as well.
jmclaughlin liked this
User avatar
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
#639134
jmclaughlin wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:41 am
Purple Haize wrote:You absolutely are not wrong. But that’s what Team Biden and Never Trumpers were touting. To his credit Trump didn’t promise that because even he knew no one would believe it :D :D
People had trump fatigue. the moderates did anyway. and they saw biden as basically a political bump on a log. someone who's never really done anything in years of office and likely will do nothing as president and that may be ok.

I don't think any party wanted this presidency. they all knew there was going to be massive amounts of inflation and the virus wasn't going away anytime soon. whoever was in office would of been vary unpopular to the masses.
What we should all have known about Biden, long before his Presidency, is that he is a windsock of the Democratic Party. He has no intellectual, individual thoughts of his own and never has. His policy / platform is perpetually up for bid. This is what should have "moderates" fleeing the democratic party in droves. The sharp revolt of Trumpism of the left has swung the pendulum so far left that the swing back to the right will be swift and will result in heavy Dem losses in the Senate and House in the next 2 elections. The sudden upheaval SCJ Breyer is just one indicator of this shift. My hope is that these limp wristed republicans begin to govern the will of the people and not their political interests.
the reason why i believe they ran him and kamala even though she was wildly unpopular before the nomination...obligatory get biden the nod before he sails off in the sunset, tick the black woman box in the VP side of things and let Trump deal with the fall out of the virus for the next 4 years. they underestimated the fatigue. its largely the reason i'm not a "it was rigged" guy.
User avatar
By jmclaughlin
Posts
#639136
RubberMallet wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:39 pm
jmclaughlin wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:41 am

People had trump fatigue. the moderates did anyway. and they saw biden as basically a political bump on a log. someone who's never really done anything in years of office and likely will do nothing as president and that may be ok.

I don't think any party wanted this presidency. they all knew there was going to be massive amounts of inflation and the virus wasn't going away anytime soon. whoever was in office would of been vary unpopular to the masses.
What we should all have known about Biden, long before his Presidency, is that he is a windsock of the Democratic Party. He has no intellectual, individual thoughts of his own and never has. His policy / platform is perpetually up for bid. This is what should have "moderates" fleeing the democratic party in droves. The sharp revolt of Trumpism of the left has swung the pendulum so far left that the swing back to the right will be swift and will result in heavy Dem losses in the Senate and House in the next 2 elections. The sudden upheaval SCJ Breyer is just one indicator of this shift. My hope is that these limp wristed republicans begin to govern the will of the people and not their political interests.
the reason why i believe they ran him and kamala even though she was wildly unpopular before the nomination...obligatory get biden the nod before he sails off in the sunset, tick the black woman box in the VP side of things and let Trump deal with the fall out of the virus for the next 4 years. they underestimated the fatigue. its largely the reason i'm not a "it was rigged" guy.
They ran Biden because the alternative was an octogenarian socialist, a non-native American Karen, the former mayor of...South Bend or the Butcher in a Pantsuit. The Democratic party is a an absolute joke. If Biden rises to the top of any selection process, embarrassment should naturally go with it. His presidency has made another joke of a human, Trump, look like a more sensible choice.
TH Spangler liked this
User avatar
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
#639144
2016 was an election of two unelectable people. The party choice of Biden was an (over) reaction to the (unelectable) Hillary. Biden was a bland, electable candidate. If Biden had been the candidate in 2016, he'd have won. Easily.
stokesjokes liked this
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#639156
alabama24 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 8:21 pm 2016 was an election of two unelectable people. The party choice of Biden was an (over) reaction to the (unelectable) Hillary. Biden was a bland, electable candidate. If Biden had been the candidate in 2016, he'd have won. Easily.
And we would have been 4 years further along in our decline.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#639157
alabama24 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 8:21 pm 2016 was an election of two unelectable people. The party choice of Biden was an (over) reaction to the (unelectable) Hillary. Biden was a bland, electable candidate. If Biden had been the candidate in 2016, he'd have won. Easily.
I disagree. He would not have been treated with the fawning he is now. He would have actually had to go out and campaign, something he didn’t do in 2020. Which was brilliant strategy and would not have worked in 2016
  • 1
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 30
The golf thread

And a hole-in-one!!!! Thomas is a great coach!!!

Nike Gear- Campus bookstore

I wouldn't be upset if LU stopped buying from Ni[…]

Kamphuis Stadium

The founding member of the Old Men's Club can ta[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC90629[…]