Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jmclaughlin
If these threads could be less snarky and little more fun, light, anecdotal we would see engagement go up. I am sure there are many who read but refrain from posting because they see it too. It feels, at times, like a good ole boys club with a small inner circle. We can do better and should.
JK37, Dalegarz1, michaeleyou and 3 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is true, this board has lots of "viewers", but very few posters. At times i try to generate discussion, but apparently those smart enough to reply don't have a fully functioning computer or phone.
Then again, if someone posts about food, it generates 2 or 3 days worth of discussion. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:15 am If these threads could be less snarky and little more fun, light, anecdotal we would see engagement go up. I am sure there are many who read but refrain from posting because they see it too. It feels, at times, like a good ole boys club with a small inner circle. We can do better and should.
Then you should encourage those who are this silent majority to join in. Maybe lead by example?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:21 pm That is true, this board has lots of "viewers", but very few posters. At times i try to generate discussion, but apparently those smart enough to reply don't have a fully functioning computer or phone.
Then again, if someone posts about food, it generates 2 or 3 days worth of discussion. :dontgetit
You have a tendency not to respond to questions so that doesn’t help
Plus there’s some REALLY good food out there that needs to be discussed! :D
By jmclaughlin
Purple Haize wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:31 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:15 am If these threads could be less snarky and little more fun, light, anecdotal we would see engagement go up. I am sure there are many who read but refrain from posting because they see it too. It feels, at times, like a good ole boys club with a small inner circle. We can do better and should.
Then you should encourage those who are this silent majority to join in. Maybe lead by example?
A question from my ignorance...How would one identify non-participating members or surfers? What are the technical steps to do so? My experience before ever posting was to read the discussions for a good couple of months to get a feel of the crowd. Was reluctant to jump in because of the < in the know v. you don't know squat > retorts. Serious when I say that my first impression was: who ever this "ballcoach" is, he is clearly the easy target to bat around. What I never saw was anything he posted as being bait for anything other than the content of his take. Calling that out is the leading by example as you suggested and to encourage others to jump in. We all have bad takes. Calling out the take is the fun of this board (inbounds). However, hanging a sign around someone's neck is not what I want to be a part of (out of bounds).
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
False.

I’ve never had a bad take.

Edit: that one time I tried two-day old sushi from the Sheetz in Lynchburg. I admit, THAT was a bad take. :cry: :lol:
jmclaughlin liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:56 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:31 pm
A question from my ignorance...How would one identify non-participating members or surfers? What are the technical steps to do so? My experience before ever posting was to read the discussions for a good couple of months to get a feel of the crowd. Was reluctant to jump in because of the < in the know v. you don't know squat > retorts. Serious when I say that my first impression was: who ever this "ballcoach" is, he is clearly the easy target to bat around. What I never saw was anything he posted as being bait for anything other than the content of his take. Calling that out is the leading by example as you suggested and to encourage others to jump in. We all have bad takes. Calling out the take is the fun of this board (inbounds). However, hanging a sign around someone's neck is not what I want to be a part of (out of bounds).
Start making posts that you feel this silent majority would want to respond to. By you acting like you are “calling people out” as the Board Sheriff doesn’t really do that. Instead post about topics and subjects you enjoy and want to see discussed. And do so in a WAY you’d like to see them addressed and discussed. That’s leading by example
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 2:04 pm False.

Edit: that one time I tried two-day old sushi from the Sheetz in Lynchburg. I admit, THAT was a bad take. :cry: :lol:
Looking at your recruiting record….
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 13th, 2022, 5:41 pm
JK37 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 2:04 pm False.

Looking at your recruiting record….
dang! :shock:

Don’t be salty we never recruited one of your layup-bricking all-stars.

I could only take so much of you staring at ceilings.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Obviously you never understood we were padding our offensive rebounding stats! It takes talent and practice to miss that many wide open lay ups!!
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
He gets a hard time because he can't defend any of his "takes." He says something crazy like, "People who don't wear a suit shouldn't preach" or something like that, but then can't actually defend it when people ask, "Why not."

He'll mention about how some universities are evil and terrible places but can't really tell us why.

Listen, we all have an opinion. They're like buttholes and most of the time they stink. But nearly everyone else defends their opinion, even if it's with alternative facts they've gathered from Q-Anon's manifesto.
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Amen. Only entitled to keep an opinion if you can defend it! Can’t just play offense; gotta have a good defense, too! Even BC would agree with that.
By Ill flame
JK37 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 8:12 pm Amen. Only entitled to keep an opinion if you can defend it! Can’t just play offense; gotta have a good defense, too! Even BC would agree with that.
"The best defense is a good offense."

-Ballcoach probably
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Convos are also streamed.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
What time are the Convos? Coming up from Raleigh for the game tomorrow and was thinking of staying overnight
I came up last Tuesday for the game and drove back after and was really surprised to see so many seats empty in the primo seat sections.
I hope folks will come out and support this team. Besides the obvious desire to support the school and programs, Ritchie and these guys deserve a home court advantage. It's really nothing short of amazing what they have done to sustain this consistent level of success with the graduation of key players over the past several years. They are constantly on the short end of stick compared to the length of the opposition and still they manage to scrap and hustle and will their way to wins. Darius is worth the price of admission alone, but you can see the young guys mature from game to game. Come on fans, show up, make some noise and support the team or give the tickets to students who will.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coach Hugh Freeze speaking in Convo today is now available on YouTube.

Last edited by Cider Jim on January 19th, 2022, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
Caller on Finebaum just said his inside source Board of Trustee member at Auburn says a buyout negotiation is happening and Freeze will be next head coach. Don’t shoot the messenger...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: February 7th, 2022, 4:30 pm Caller on Finebaum just said his inside source Board of Trustee member at Auburn says a buyout negotiation is happening and Freeze will be next head coach. Don’t shoot the messenger...
Finebaum has some callers who have legit sources. He also has some who are next level trolls.
By jmclaughlin
tyndal23 wrote: February 7th, 2022, 4:30 pm Caller on Finebaum just said his inside source Board of Trustee member at Auburn says a buyout negotiation is happening and Freeze will be next head coach. Don’t shoot the messenger...
So, how many paces away from the actual source do you need to be in order to doubt that story?
Thanks for putting it out there. It could absolutely happen but I personally don't see any validity to it. Harsin hasn't even been dealt with yet. No way that Freeze would be dumb enough to get into negations for a job that isn't even open yet. It would make him look desperate to get out of Lynchburg. These kind of stories are put out by boosters and fan trolls to keep their fans and players left with the hope that, "well we got an upgrade holding on line one".
Auburn is a great program but not the carrot that Freeze would chase...IMO.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
jmclaughlin wrote: February 7th, 2022, 5:31 pm
So, how many paces away from the actual source do you need to be in order to doubt that story?
Thanks for putting it out there. It could absolutely happen but I personally don't see any validity to it. Harsin hasn't even been dealt with yet. No way that Freeze would be dumb enough to get into negations for a job that isn't even open yet. It would make him look desperate to get out of Lynchburg. These kind of stories are put out by boosters and fan trolls to keep their fans and players left with the hope that, "well we got an upgrade holding on line one".
Auburn is a great program but not the carrot that Freeze would chase...IMO.
Zero validity. But the Auburn boards and Twitter dorks are all over it and once again we have the HF to SEC on the national stage. Why any coach would go there is beyond me with their internal power struggles. Worse than Texas or TN. If I were neutral, I could make the case for HF to go before he gets stale in the recruiting cycle, but I like him and would only want my worse enemy to take that job now.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]