The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty hosts VT Tuesday at the arena. It will be interesting as to how many fans show up.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:10 am Liberty hosts VT Tuesday at the arena. It will be interesting as to how many fans show up.
I have no idea, but it's women's basketball, and despite the revisionist historians here, even in their glory days in the early 2000s, our WBB team has never drawn close to what the men did/do. The beauty of the new arena is that whatever the number, it will be a much better atmosphere than in the Vines. 2500 would be awesome, but I'm not sure there will be enough buzz yet about the ladies fast start to draw that, and you aren't likely to have a bunch of Hokie fans show up like they have for the men.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:15 am If my memory is correct, Hokie fans show up in decent numbers for women's BB at LU.
Well, there's nothing else to do in Blacksburg. :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:24 am And the seat coloring it does tend to make even a small crowd look bigger.
I’m glad someone else picked up on that. A brilliant move by the athletic department
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We're going to win this one. Up by 17 with 5:00 to play. Emily Lytle, our leading scorer last year who transferred to VT, has scored 2 points in 14 minutes.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
Bitter sweet, truly wish she would have stayed and remained a part of the family. However, any win over the community college in Blacksburg brings happy tears to my eyes! You could see how they treated a few home fans on the broadcast.
JK37 liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
That might be one of the best games I've seen the Liberty women play in quite a few years. The defense was tight and disruptive, and they were some incredible assists.
Baybird liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Great to see Lytle have bad game. She should have never transferred. Same for girl who went to Tennessee.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
I’m sure I presented the website they started for athletics. Where are my kickbacks?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2021, 11:36 pm Great to see Lytle have bad game. She should have never transferred. Same for girl who went to Tennessee.
After watching the game last night in person - we are much better then I thought we would be. I'm not sure Lytle left because she wanted to play elsewhere - I think she saw the writing on the wall - there's a bunch of talent on our team and height. I think both transfers might have been force-outs, where they were told not to expect same playing time.

We are big, we don't turn the ball over like we have been in the past, we play good defense and we seem pretty deep. I just wish we had one more space creating shooter like VT has in Sheppard. I do think Brown can be that - she just had a bad game last night and seemed to have issues finding space to shoot. But - we are back. I really think we start receiving some votes next week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 8th, 2021, 10:38 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2021, 11:36 pm Great to see Lytle have bad game. She should have never transferred. Same for girl who went to Tennessee.
You stay classy, Gretna. :roll:
Typical Gretna behavior
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:56 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:10 am Liberty hosts VT Tuesday at the arena. It will be interesting as to how many fans show up.
I have no idea, but it's women's basketball, and despite the revisionist historians here, even in their glory days in the early 2000s, our WBB team has never drawn close to what the men did/do. The beauty of the new arena is that whatever the number, it will be a much better atmosphere than in the Vines. 2500 would be awesome, but I'm not sure there will be enough buzz yet about the ladies fast start to draw that, and you aren't likely to have a bunch of Hokie fans show up like they have for the men.
This is true. The most people I remember ever showing up for our Lady Flames - at least at the Vines Center - was a snowy CFAW weekend when the rest of Lynchburg closed down.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 8th, 2021, 9:51 pm
olldflame wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:56 am
This is true. The most people I remember ever showing up for our Lady Flames - at least at the Vines Center - was a snowy CFAW weekend when the rest of Lynchburg closed down.
There were a lot there for the 97 Big South Conference Championship game Probably checking out the smoke show of an Assistant Coach they had.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty has attendance problems in every sport. Attendance isn't what it should be.

I've heard there's still anger that an assistant coach didn't get HC job when Coach Green was hired
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2021, 6:32 am Liberty has attendance problems in every sport. Attendance isn't what it should be.

I've heard there's still anger that an assistant coach didn't get HC job when Coach Green was hired

Point 1. I'm not familiar enough with the new ASUN teams to know much about their attendance yet, but as far as the established programs are concerned, not one of them wouldn't trade their attendance across the board for ours, and the same could be said about the majority of non-P5 athletic programs in the country. But forget that. It doesn't begin to compare with one old man's uninformed opinion.

Point 2. ?????????????????????????????????? WTH could that possibly have to do with attendance?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2021, 6:32 am Liberty has attendance problems in every sport. Attendance isn't what it should be.

Who would that be? Or are you just spreading more lies and falsehoods from your notoriously unreliable “sources”? If you don’t have the guts to name names then keep your mouth shut.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:00 am I think TV availability hurts attendance in some cases.
That is true. A former AD told me once that people around town were always telling him they "watched game " on TV. He said he wanted to tell them, "I want you in the stands".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:17 am
TH Spangler wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:00 am I think TV availability hurts attendance in some cases.
That is true. A former AD told me once that people around town were always telling him they "watched game " on TV. He said he wanted to tell them, "I want you in the stands".
Still dodging the question?
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What did they call the lion in the Wizard of Oz? Yeah, I guess they should rename it @ballcoach15
By LU 57

This seems personal. Not cool.
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]