If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I forgot to add... I do like your general idea of the regional groups (i.e. MAC / B1G), I just wouldn't call them that or tie them into other sports. It should be a clean break.

The regional thing is also important and one of the reasons I was so excited about a conference with ODU, JMU, Marshall, etc.
Purple Haize liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The conference commissioners (and the Notre Dame Athletic Director) concluded their meeting on playoff expansion without reaching any agreements to expand playoffs to more teams. Some wanted 4, some 8 and some 12. Also there was a hang up on giving P5 champions an automatic bid. (Big 10 is pushing the automatic bid, mentioning their "tough conference schedule") If they want to see a tough schedule, check SEC West Division .
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:05 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 10th, 2022, 9:29 pm The fix is already in.
Did the fix go the way you thought it would? (The game went the way I thought it would).
It wasn’t for lack of effort :D
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
This game was a perfect example of why rematches can be great in college football. It gave Georgia an opportunity for redemption and to prove that they really were the best team in college football this year.
Cider Jim liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When i go to Florida in 29 days i might consider flying, so i won't have to drive through Georgia. That's how much i dislike the Bulldogs :football and Kirby Smart.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 7:11 am When i go to Florida in 29 days i might consider flying, so i won't have to drive through Georgia. That's how much i dislike the Bulldogs :football and Kirby Smart.
Do you realize how childish that sounds?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
When the season is viewed as a whole, Georgia showed that they were the better team. I expected Georgia to win, and they did. I feel GREAT for Kirby, who was a loyal assistant and great coach at Alabama. I can be happy for Georgia, and disappointed in BAMA not winning. I have big boy britches.
olldflame, Purple Haize, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For the record bc, it IS possible to drive to Florida without passing through Georgia. I said possible, not sensible, (but you've never let that stop you before). 8)

If Kirby Smart was still the DC at Bama, you would love him, despite the fact that he would have been an idiot to pass up the opportunity to be HC at GA.
Purple Haize, alabama24 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Taking a photo of Alabama Recruiting Board to Athens, and then recruiting off it, is very sleazy and unthical. That's why i have zero respect for GA 🏈
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 11:38 am Taking a photo of Alabama Recruiting Board to Athens, and then recruiting off it, is very sleazy and unthical. That's why i have zero respect for GA 🏈
How is that unethical? He was part of the recruiting process. He’s worked on getting some of those players. It’s not like Bama was the only school recruiting those players. Or like it was some secret.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:30 pm No reason needed. I haven't liked Georgia football since the day Smart went there, with Crimson Tide Recruiting Board photo.
As if the fact that a recruit's name is on Bama's board means they own them and it is "cheating" for another school to sign them. Right. Georgia was already very familiar with each and every one of them. When Smart went to GA, virtually every 4/5 star recruit had an offer from both schools. Was he supposed to concede all of them to Saban?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 11th, 2022, 2:01 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:30 pm No reason needed. I haven't liked Georgia football since the day Smart went there, with Crimson Tide Recruiting Board photo.
As if the fact that a recruit's name is on Bama's board means they own them and it is "cheating" for another school to sign them. Right. Georgia was already very familiar with each and every one of them. When Smart went to GA, virtually every 4/5 star recruit had an offer from both schools. Was he supposed to concede all of them to Saban?
Being recruited is one thing, having committed is another
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 2:24 pm
As I'm sure you know, commits are verbal and nonbinding, as are offers, and if you think Bama does not continue to recruit players they want just because they have made a verbal to another school, you are delusional. They are also infamous for recruiting over their own commits, telling them at the last minute that they don't have a scholarship (because it went to someone they wanted more.)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 11:38 am Taking a photo of Alabama Recruiting Board to Athens, and then recruiting off it, is very sleazy and unthical. That's why i have zero respect for GA 🏈
False.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 2:24 pm
“A commitment means nothing. Once a kid commits, now we just know who we’re recruiting against.”
-Every SEC Coach
Ill flame liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]