Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Sly Fox wrote: December 11th, 2021, 12:35 pm I would be shocked if we took anything less than the allotment. These are exceptionally valuable to the coaching staff well beyond the game preps. 2022 is right around the corner and the possibility remains in play that spring drills could be shut down based on virus concerns at any stage.
The extra practices are the real value of Bowl games for most programs
thepostman liked this
Purple Haize wrote: December 11th, 2021, 12:52 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 11th, 2021, 12:35 pm I would be shocked if we took anything less than the allotment. These are exceptionally valuable to the coaching staff well beyond the game preps. 2022 is right around the corner and the possibility remains in play that spring drills could be shut down based on virus concerns at any stage.
The extra practices are the real value of Bowl games for most programs
I agree, but we play in 7 days. Have we already practiced 9 times?
I love Liberty football.
But I hate this matchup and bowl.

As an NIU alumnus, I'm a fan of the MAC, but Eastern Michigan is a dud. I was so disappointed when the matchup was released. Unfortunately, LU deserves this because of ULM and losing the last 3 games of the season. The team is uninspired and has lost momentum. What a disappointment to an otherwise promising season.

We better win. Losing to EMU and our last 4 games of the season to finish with a 7-6 record would be a disaster and a real problem for HCHF and his staff in their recruiting efforts.
jmclaughlin, Liberty22 liked this
Yeah. I'm Not a fan of playing EMU or any MAC schools to be honest. Tm me, they're mostly glorified FCS schools. But as many have said, this is what we get by losing 5 games, 1 to ULM. The bright sides are that Freeze and the Boys want some redemption for the way they played this season and they have a very good chance at beating EMU.
P
I'm not disappointed with this Bowl. Personally, disappointed with the date cause it makes driving impossible and flying to any of the surrounding airports is outrageous. And the Flames Club charter isn't near as good as the 2019 Cure Bowl offer, flying commercially is actually cheaper. Oh well, my living room is a great fan environment and we'll see if I can pull the Bowl trip off next year.
Liberty22 liked this
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 12th, 2021, 12:49 am I love Liberty football.
But I hate this matchup and bowl.

As an NIU alumnus, I'm a fan of the MAC, but Eastern Michigan is a dud. I was so disappointed when the matchup was released. Unfortunately, LU deserves this because of ULM and losing the last 3 games of the season. The team is uninspired and has lost momentum. What a disappointment to an otherwise promising season.

We better win. Losing to EMU and our last 4 games of the season to finish with a 7-6 record would be a disaster and a real problem for HCHF and his staff in their recruiting efforts.
Recruiting will basically be done before this game.
Anybody hearing anything regarding expected LU turnout for the game?

This will be the first bowl game that I miss (the first two were only a short commute from Tampa).

I was very impressed with the LU turnout in 2019. The band came - great atmosphere before and during game. Last year had restricted attendance due to COVID, so it's basically a throwaway year for judging LU travel.
LU 57 liked this
Didn't know where to post this, but Storey Jackson's mom passed away over the weekend. Apparently, it was sudden and shocking news. Let us during this Christmas season lift him and his family up in prayer. Let us also hold our loved ones closer. Thankful for all of you on this board. Grace and peace
LU 57, stokesjokes, LUOrange and 10 others liked this
LUOrange wrote: December 12th, 2021, 4:43 pm Yeah. I'm Not a fan of playing EMU or any MAC schools to be honest. Tm me, they're mostly glorified FCS schools. But as many have said, this is what we get by losing 5 games, 1 to ULM. The bright sides are that Freeze and the Boys want some redemption for the way they played this season and they have a very good chance at beating EMU.
P
I'm not disappointed with this Bowl. Personally, disappointed with the date cause it makes driving impossible and flying to any of the surrounding airports is outrageous. And the Flames Club charter isn't near as good as the 2019 Cure Bowl offer, flying commercially is actually cheaper. Oh well, my living room is a great fan environment and we'll see if I can pull the Bowl trip off next year.
LU Orange,

Enough of this non-sense about MAC schools being glorified FCS schools. Please. That just sounds foolish. The MAC has been a conference since 1946 and the schools in the MAC has been Division 1 FBS programs much, much longer than Liberty has. See here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-American_Conference
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 13th, 2021, 7:00 pm
LUOrange wrote: December 12th, 2021, 4:43 pm Yeah. I'm Not a fan of playing EMU or any MAC schools to be honest. Tm me, they're mostly glorified FCS schools. But as many have said, this is what we get by losing 5 games, 1 to ULM. The bright sides are that Freeze and the Boys want some redemption for the way they played this season and they have a very good chance at beating EMU.
P
LU Orange,

Enough of this non-sense about MAC schools being glorified FCS schools. Please. That just sounds foolish. The MAC has been a conference since 1946 and the schools in the MAC has been Division 1 FBS programs much, much longer than Liberty has. See here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-American_Conference
I'm happy for you that you're a NIU/MAC fan.
The guy begins every post with saying that he's an NIU fan.

Anyway, enough whining about the opponent. If we're really as good as we think they are, we'll blow them out.

I don't think we'll blow them out.
LUOrange liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 13th, 2021, 2:31 pm Didn't know where to post this, but Storey Jackson's mom passed away over the weekend. Apparently, it was sudden and shocking news. Let us during this Christmas season lift him and his family up in prayer. Let us also hold our loved ones closer. Thankful for all of you on this board. Grace and peace
Incredibly sad. She was only 48 years old. Always hard to lose a parent...can't imagine being her kid's age and losing one. Prayers to the whole family.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ka ... d=31818422
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]