Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

December 18th - 5:45 pm ET on ESPN

Hancock-Whitney Stadium
Opened in 2020 - Seats 25,450
*** Home of Senior Bowl & South Alabama Jaguars ***

Nearby Airports from Stadium:
MOB - Mobile Regional Airport .................................... 4.2 Miles - :08
GPT - Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport .................. 71 Miles - 1:15
PNS - Pensacola International Airport ......................... 72 Miles - 1:15
VPS - Destin-Ft. Walton Beach Airport ......................... 130 Miles - 2:00
Good to be in our third consecutive bowl game-Bad for me that it's in Mobile. To get from Northern Jersey to Mobile is time and money prohibitive. For selfish reasons I was hoping for another Cure Bowl. The first one was an incredible experience both before game and, of course during. I'll just have to wear Red and Be Loud in my living room this year.
flameshaw, LU 57 liked this
It is a 7.5-hour drive from my house and flights run around $400/apiece that weekend from IAH. Debating my options right now. I understand that lack of enthusiasm for the location and opponent. But Mobile is actually a pretto cool destination. I work there fairly regularly including just a month ago. I love Felix's Fish Shack Camp on the bay and Dreamland BBQ has a location on the west side of town. A buddy of mine from the area swears by a place called Dauphin's. It also has a pretty cool vibe with the USS Alabama battleship and some historic sites.
LU 57 liked this
Sly, when you mentioned BBQ & fresh seafood, you're speaking my language, but Ballcoach will be pleased to know that Mobile also has 3 Burger Kings and a Red Roof Inn. :clapping :oldhag
ballcoach15, Sly Fox liked this
Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, Michigan

EMU Football Official Site

Chris Creighton
8th Season as EMU Head Coach

2021 Schedule/Reesults

Sep 03 - St Francis (PA) .............................. W 35-15
Sep 11 - @ Wisconsin ................................. L 7-34
Sep 18 - @ UMass ...................................... W 42-28
Sep 25 - Texas State ................................... W 59-21
Oct 02 - @ Northern Illinois ....................... L 20-27
Oct 09 - Miami (OH) ................................... W 13-12
Oct 16 - Ball State ...................................... L 31-38
Oct 23 - @ Bowling Green ......................... W 55-24
Nov 02 - @ Toledo ..................................... W 52-49
Nov 09 - Ohio ............................................. L 26-34
Nov 16 - Western Michigan ........................ W 22-21
Nov 26 - @ Central Michigan ...................... L 10-31

Lending Tree Bowl in Mobile, AL
Dec 18 - vs. Liberty

Key Players

#8 Ben Bryant
6' 3" 214 lbs Senior Quarterback - Cincinnati Transfer
Thru 12 Games: 256-of-372 (68.8%) for 2921 Yds with 14 TDs & 6 INTs + 2 Rushing TDs

#28 Jawon Hamilton
5' 8" 202 lbs Senior Running Back - JMU Transfer
In 11 Games: 101 Carries for 631 Yds (6.2 Avg) with 4 Rushing TDs

#4 Hassan Beydoun
5' 8" 174 lbs Junior Receiver
Thru 12 Games: 86 Catches for 932 Yds (10.8 YPC) with 4 TDs

#10 Tariq Speights
5' 10" 237 lbs Junior Linebacker
Thru 12 Games: 85 Tackles with 1.5 for Loss + 1 Sack + 1 Forced Fumble

#55 Jose Ramirez
6' 2" 251 lbs Sophomore Defensive Lineman
Thru 12 Games: 59 Tackles including 10.5 for Loss + 6 Sacks
Would like to go, but I don’t know if I can pull it off. It’s a 12.5 hour drive from Richmond, VA and flights into
Mobile and Pensacola are tough.

Anyone hearing anything about a transportation package out of Lynchburg? I feel like that was an option for the first Cure Bowl, but I made separate arrangements.
On paper we should, but game is played on the field.

Total Offense: LU 46th EM 84th
Total Defense: LU 11th EM 101st

Hopefully the offensive line will have a good game, and not allow a bunch of sacks and open up holes to run..

When Alabama played Auburn, the Tide QB got sacked 7 times. In the SEC championship game, he had 0 sacks. An offensive line can be "coached up" from one game to the next. Hopefully that will happen with LU.
LU 57 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:07 am Would like to go, but I don’t know if I can pull it off. It’s a 12.5 hour drive from Richmond, VA and flights into

Anyone hearing anything about a transportation package out of Lynchburg? I feel like that was an option for the first Cure Bowl, but I made separate arrangements.
I heard there's possibility of a charter plane by Flames Club. Decision supposed to be made today or tomorrow.
LU 57, LUOrange liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:11 am On paper we should, but game is played on the field.

Total Offense: LU 46th EM 84th
Total Defense: LU 11th EM 101st

Hopefully the offensive line will have a good game, and not allow a bunch of sacks and open up holes to run..

When Alabama played Auburn, the Tide QB got sacked 7 times. In the SEC championship game, he had 0 sacks. An offensive line can be "coached up" from one game to the next. Hopefully that will happen with LU.
Alabama got rid of the LT. it was one offensive lineman, not the whole line. And they dumped him. Crowd noise bothered, too. Auburn DE’s we’re getting head-starts while OL’s couldn’t hear snap count.
LU 57 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:07 am Would like to go, but I don’t know if I can pull it off. It’s a 12.5 hour drive from Richmond, VA and flights into

I hear you on the travel. As I referenced above make sure you look at flights into GPT. They ahve multiple carriers flying into there. I can tell you from recent experience that rental cars there typically are ridiculously cheap in comparison to other locations.
LU 57 liked this
LU is only selling $45 tickets, but for the big spenders you should check out the LendingTree website for:

Chairback seats = $65
Club seats = $125
Loge seats = $165

Or for Ballcoach, there are $15 end zone seats. :oldhag

https://lendingtreebowl.com/tickets/
Cider Jim wrote: December 6th, 2021, 3:27 pm LU is only selling $45 tickets, but for the big spenders you should check out the LendingTree website for:

Chairback seats = $65
Club seats = $125
Loge seats = $165

Or for Ballcoach, there are $15 end zone seats. :oldhag

https://lendingtreebowl.com/tickets/
Won’t the game be over pretty late though?
ballcoach15 liked this
Purple, don't scare Ballcoach!

According to Twitter, the students are getting a pretty sweet deal for 25 bucks:
--ticket
--bus trip
--hotel room
https://twitter.com/LibertyFlames?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor

I wish the Flames Club could land a deal like that.
Liberty22, rtb72, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
Cider Jim wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:20 pm Purple, don't scare Ballcoach!

According to Twitter, the students are getting a pretty sweet deal for 25 bucks:
--ticket
--bus trip
--hotel room
https://twitter.com/LibertyFlames?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor

I wish the Flames Club could land a deal like that.
CoEd room sharing?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]