Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 6:43 pm
BlueBlood wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 1:39 pm
TH Spangler wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:01 am Gameday today under Ian feels more inline with the P5 games I've attended elsewhere.

The only P5 thing that I would say that LU hasn't been able to replicate is a strong tailgate scene. I feel guilty complaining though, as I've not contributed to tailgating when I'm there. We are traveling from FL to the games and have not made adding tailgating gear/prep a priority to date. Maybe flooding the campus with food trucks would be a nice game day addition for us out of towners? - or for anybody that likes getting there early but doesn't want to plan/prep for tailgating.
Could this be because alcohol would be looked down upon LU tailgater's? I'm assuming that's part of the draw.
For some reason I find this funny. It used to be a staple in the President's suite. :shock:

BTW, I am happy that alcohol is "officially" banned from the tailgating area. Even though I know that it is enjoyed freely every game, just camouflaged a bit.
Just John liked this
olldflame wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:38 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 6:38 pm I don't like softball teams cheering from dugout. Cheering teammates is ok, but all those organized cheers should be banned.
Anyone else noticing a pattern?
Yes. He hates to have fun. Unless it’s in an organized and prescribed manner
By Ill flame
I knew the c-usa tv deal was bad but I guess I didn't realize how bad. C-usa is one of 3 conferences that have their championship game on cable and the other two are on the main espn channel on a Saturday. If they are going to resign with CBSSN they at least need a guarantee to have their championship game on CBS.
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 9:30 pm I knew the c-usa tv deal was bad but I guess I didn't realize how bad. C-usa is one of 3 conferences that have their championship game on cable and the other two are on the main espn channel on a Saturday. If they are going to resign with CBSSN they at least need a guarantee to have their championship game on CBS.
Big 12 are idiots if UTSA isn’t in next years expansion. Way more upside than SMU ( or any others being talked about except maybe Memphis ) .
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:12 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 9:30 pm I knew the c-usa tv deal was bad but I guess I didn't realize how bad. C-usa is one of 3 conferences that have their championship game on cable and the other two are on the main espn channel on a Saturday. If they are going to resign with CBSSN they at least need a guarantee to have their championship game on CBS.
Big 12 are idiots if UTSA isn’t in next years expansion. Way more upside than SMU ( or any others being talked about except maybe Memphis ) .
The Big 12 would be idiots to rush into further expansion. Memphis seems like an obvious fit that is already competitive in football and basketball, in a good market with a big upside. UTSA has huge upside but they need to prove that they can sustain success before a P5 picks them up. This is the first season they've won more than 8 games and they've never had more than 2 winning seasons in a row since the program started in 2011. On the basketball side they've only had 4 ncaa tournament appearances with the most recent being in 2011 so they don't bring much to the table there. As much as I think Memphis should be added to the big 12 soon, there's just no obvious choices to join them (Boise st isn't it).
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:12 pm Big 12 are idiots if UTSA isn’t in next years expansion. Way more upside than SMU ( or any others being talked about except maybe Memphis ) .
I disagree. SMU came back from the dead to revive the ghost of James & Dickerson. They will be the KING of NIL. There is no second place.

Well, maybe 50 feet crap and then second place. (Roll Tide).
JK37 liked this
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2021, 2:43 am Speaking of NIL, how is liberty looking in that regard? Obviously the school has money but it doesn't seem like there are a lot of donors lining up to pay players.
Does our donors actually care for students to actually fit in the culture and succeed responsibly? Not just throw money at kids so that their alma mater can win no matter what! What a diploma mill school :lol:. Jokes aside, that is a good question. Maybe things are happening privately without the public's knowledge.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Anybody else watch the C-USA championship game last night? UTSA jumped out to a huge lead and then almost gave the game away in the 4th quarter to WKU.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Guy that covers JMU tweeted JMU, ODU and Southern Mississippi will join the Sun Belt in 2022 and JMU, Jacksonville State and Sam Houston are negotiating with the NCAA for a waver on the two year transition rule.
TH Spangler wrote: December 5th, 2021, 6:59 pm I'm hearing rumors we might be joining CUSA 2022? Any one else hearing this? Just Twitter junk.

Just as long as we don't lose our home games with BYU and Tech. Like to keep Arkansas.
I’m thinking the Powers That Be will want this realignment done at all levels sooner rather than later
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:53 pm Sam Houston ain’t repping CUSA too well yet.
Which leads me to another hot topic - why do we have CUSA signage in place for next year when we are an Independent. Did they give us some up front $ to advertise when BYU and Tech are in town ? Clearly they had to approve signage and “when” LU could place it.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:56 pm
tyndal23 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:53 pm Sam Houston ain’t repping CUSA too well yet.
Which leads me to another hot topic - why do we have CUSA signage in place for next year when we are an Independent. Did they give us some up front $ to advertise when BYU and Tech are in town ? Clearly they had to approve signage and “when” LU could place it.
I was actually asking the same thing at the army game. But the way you say this makes me chuckle, as if it’s been a heavily considered topic in your house while not even being mentioned here yet.
By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: December 12th, 2021, 1:18 am
tyndal23 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:56 pm
I was actually asking the same thing at the army game. But the way you say this makes me chuckle, as if it’s been a heavily considered topic in your house while not even being mentioned here yet.
Ha, yes - “ my house “ = myself, a table, a floor, Fred Flinstone &
Elvis arguing all day about it. Soon after we learned Playing BYU in Dallas annually was a no go, then not being P5 Equivalent Indie was shot down, we are all arguing over signage.
SumItUp, JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 12th, 2021, 9:26 pm
tyndal23 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:56 pm why do we have CUSA signage in place for next year when we are an Independent.
At this point, it is in our favor to promote CUSA internally and externally.
Maybe he’s still holding out hope for “P5 Equivalent” banners 8)
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: December 12th, 2021, 9:31 pm
alabama24 wrote: December 12th, 2021, 9:26 pm
tyndal23 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 10:56 pm why do we have CUSA signage in place for next year when we are an Independent.
At this point, it is in our favor to promote CUSA internally and externally.
Maybe he’s still holding out hope for “P5 Equivalent” banners 8)
Just spit my drink out.....
Purple Haize, alabama24 liked this
By Tnobes
TH Spangler wrote: December 4th, 2021, 10:47 am
Cider Jim wrote: December 4th, 2021, 8:14 am Anybody else watch the C-USA championship game last night? UTSA jumped out to a huge lead and then almost gave the game away in the 4th quarter to WKU.
Turned out to be a good game. Wish WKU had pulled it out.
Thats what she said
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]