Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
I was just funnin' around. I get why sources do not need to be outed. Nevertheless, the timing to use one of my favorite movie lines was just too tempting. Love that we are going to a bowl!!!
Liberty22 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 9:05 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:55 am Belk Bowl vs. South Carolina would be best possible bowl game for Liberty.
How about Nevada in Dallas?
Nevada doesn't "move the needle" like a SEC opponent would.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 11:21 am The Texan part moves the needle for me.

Is that Ballcoach during his Fort Bliss years? :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Brett McMurphy says we're playing in Lending Tree bowl vs a team from MAC.
I hope he's wrong on MAC team. Playing MAC team would _______ .
LUOrange liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:27 pm Brett McMurphy says we're playing in Lending Tree bowl vs a team from MAC.
I hope he's wrong on MAC team. Playing MAC team would _______ .
... But might let us finish on a higher note than a loss would.
Last edited by rogers3 on December 3rd, 2021, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
I haven't had the pleasure of actually going into Mobile, but I spent a week in Gulf Shores and loved it. So I like the idea of going to Mobile. My Boss is a school teacher, so travel planning may make this one difficult from the Burg. I do believe it's easier to fly in and out of Pensacola than Mobile.

I'm not high on playing a MAC school, but one definitely gives us a higher probability/possibility of a win. Nick Pierce and Pat Kelly also said on their podcast, that the Sun Belt has a shortage of eligible teams (4?), and the MAC has a plethora (8?). So this makes some sense with our secondary tie-ins and our 7-5 record.
Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Mobile is great. Yea to Pensacola. Just too far and bad timing for me.

Myrtle Beach is only Hope I have out of our likely possibilities. And even that is a stretch.

I hear Frisco is out because so many Texas teams qualified.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 8:04 pm So I like the idea of going to Mobile.
I took my brother to the 2001 GMAC Bowl in Mobile to watch Marshall beat ECU in double overtime, but that was played in an old stadium that was built in 1948.

This year's Lending Tree Bowl is played at the stadium at South Alabama University that's about the size of LU's stadium and only a year old.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If we play a MAC team in any bowl, there's a 99% chance i will not go. I can't get excited about a team from Ohio or Directional Michigan team.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:15 pm If we play a MAC team in any bowl, there's a 99% chance i will not go.
Ballcoach, I thought you would be THRILLED to go to a bowl game in your beloved Alabama.

You really should consider two things in your decision making:
1. You should go to cheer for LU (not to watch the other team play).
2. You should want LU to play in a bowl game that they can WIN (playing an SEC teams makes that almost impossible).
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:15 pm If we play a MAC team in any bowl, there's a 99% chance i will not go.
Ballcoach, I thought you would be THRILLED to go to a bowl game in your beloved Alabama.

2. You should want LU to play in a bowl game that they can WIN (playing an SEC teams makes that almost impossible).
It’s all about ballcoach. Everything. The world revolves around him
thesportscritic liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 11:06 pm

except that it doesn't
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

Playing in Alabama is good.
Cider Jim liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: December 4th, 2021, 2:05 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 11:06 pm

except that it doesn't
That is operating under the assumption that he lives in the same world the rest of us do.
He lives in ballcoach world.
It's one dimension over from Bizarro world.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 4th, 2021, 10:45 am I'm guessing Kent State for us. Hope they win today.
Definitely sounds like a winnable game for LU! :pbjtime
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]