Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I would not be surprised if Ian has already told HCHF where the team will be going or at the very least given him a pretty good hint. 7-5 LU with potential 1st round quarterback is a good selling point for butts in the seats compared to any MAC team.
LU 57, jmclaughlin, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 1st, 2021, 5:16 pm I would not be surprised if Ian has already told HCHF where the team will be going or at the very least given him a pretty good hint. 7-5 LU with potential 1st round quarterback is a good selling point for butts in the seats compared to any MAC team.
I really hope you are right!
By rtb72
A Sea of Red wrote: December 1st, 2021, 3:40 pm We will be in a bowl game. 100%.
Of course! How can you "box out" the 2-Time World Cure Bowl Champions! Cure Bowl bound................again.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cure Bowl will be ok, depending upon opponent. No Sun Belt, CUSA or MAC team. (unless it's Marshall). South Carolina would be a good opponent.
LUOrange liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Heard Miami Ohio played a team that didn't have the required # of scholarships, so technically they would only be 5-6.

Hate to say it but I'm already thinking about Tech and BYU.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 12:10 am I personally want a win almost more than I want to play a great team. Just because with the way this year finished, I don't see us beating a Power 5 school.
Totally agree. Playing a P5 would only benefit us if we win, and I don't have a lot of confidence that would happen this year. Playing "whoever" and winning leaves a positive feeling for the team, fans, and watchers on TV, and continues our unbeaten bowl record, which I suspect is an effective recruiting tool.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Most bowls slobber over a 6-6 power 5 team than a 10-2 or 11-1 non P5 team. Some 6-6 teams will go to good bowls.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:43 am
sstaedtler wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 12:10 am I personally want a win almost more than I want to play a great team. Just because with the way this year finished, I don't see us beating a Power 5 school.
Totally agree. Playing a P5 would only benefit us if we win, and I don't have a lot of confidence that would happen this year. Playing "whoever" and winning leaves a positive feeling for the team, fans, and watchers on TV, and continues our unbeaten bowl record, which I suspect is an effective recruiting tool.
I get what you're saying, but I'd rather play 5-6 Mountaineers and roll the dice on a P5 win.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
When jcmanson makes statements like that it generally has validity through sources that he doesn't want to out. I respect that confidentiality and assume he is correct.

I'd love to be in Frisco watching the Flames(maybe even ABQ) but otherwise I just want a winnable game. Honestly there are mediocre to poor P5s who bought most of their way to six wins who I believe we would match up nicely against.

I am one flight short of the next level in my flight status with my primary carrier after seeing it erode significantly during the pandemic. So i am inclined to fly somewhere as long as Christmas Day is not involved. I am looking at you, Camelia & Hawai'i. That would be a no fly zone for my family.
Baybird liked this
By LUOrange
Liberty22 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 9:59 am
A Sea of Red wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 9:10 am Liberty will be in a bowl game but it won't be the Cure Bowl.
This looks like some juicy info that should be in the rumor mill 😂. Can we make that happen?!
I second this motion!
LU 57, Liberty22 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 12:56 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 9:10 am Liberty will be in a bowl game but it won't be the Cure Bowl.
This looks like some juicy info that should be in the rumor mill 😂. Can we make that happen?!
I second this motion!
Just because it would be behind a paywall does not mean a journalist can release information without the sources permission. There would be absolutely nothing keeping any club member from turning around and spreading it everywhere.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Which of course they immediately would do.

I hope now you guys get why I was so cryptic for all those years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:10 am West Virginia is Technically Not Bowl Eligible 🤣

WVU also 5-6

https://voiceofmotown.com/west-virginia ... -eligible/
This just made my day! Can we say "strength of schedule"? :rofl Once again, Marshall is bowling, and WVU will be watching it on TV. :lol:
ballcoach15, rtb72 liked this
By LUOrange
olldflame wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 1:54 pm
LUOrange wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 12:56 pm

I second this motion!
Just because it would be behind a paywall does not mean a journalist can release information without the sources permission. There would be absolutely nothing keeping any club member from turning around and spreading it everywhere.
There's always one... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 2:41 pm
TH Spangler wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:10 am West Virginia is Technically Not Bowl Eligible 🤣

WVU also 5-6

https://voiceofmotown.com/west-virginia ... -eligible/
This just made my day! Can we say "strength of schedule"? :rofl Once again, Marshall is bowling, and WVU will be watching it on TV. :lol:
Reading is not a strong point in Thundering Turdton. Try Hooked on Phonics

The Big 12 has exactly enough teams for its bowl tie-ins with West Virginia included and the MAC would have more eligible teams than available bowl-conference tie-ins, so West Virginia will get in and Miami (OH) will not. It’s a very complicated situation, but the Mountaineers will just barely sneak into a bowl game this season.
By JCS Flames Fan 31
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:55 am Belk Bowl vs. South Carolina would be best possible bowl game for Liberty.
Being that I live in Charlotte I'd be all for this happening! My wife also went to SC, so I might could drag her to that one with me (hah). However, I doubt we get that bowl...
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]