If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts

Obviously we don't know for sure what the terms are since USC is private but I've seen this on a couple of different websites.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:47 am Let's be clear. The last three coaches at LSU have all won national championships in Red Stick. This is a prime opportunity that is well positioned for more titles. Oh yeah, the guy in Tuscaloosa is not going to coach forever.

Let's not forget how horrid Northern Indiana is to live. Or that Notre Dame doesn't have the sway it once did.

While I am not surprised that LSU would be chasing Kelly. I am just surprised that the Domers couldn't find a way to keep him.
Agreed.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 11:26 am VT should go after Freeman if they want a defensive coordinator as HC. I'm not sure Pry can win the press conference and make fans/boosters/donors happy.
Smart fans don’t care about press conference.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:43 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 11:26 am VT should go after Freeman if they want a defensive coordinator as HC. I'm not sure Pry can win the press conference and make fans/boosters/donors happy.
Too late. You’re stuck with Pry
I recall when Clemson named Dabo Sweeney coach, everyone said, "Dabo who". That turned out pretty good.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:03 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Too late. You’re stuck with Pry
I recall when Clemson named Dabo Sweeney coach, everyone said, "Dabo who". That turned out pretty good.
Wait. You literally just said you wanted Freeman. Typical fickle fan
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:45 pm Image

Obviously we don't know for sure what the terms are since USC is private but I've seen this on a couple of different websites.
And he gets the best coaching job in the country. 8) 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
"Best coaching job in the country" is debatable. There are some good jobs in the SEC. I think he left Oklahoma because he got scared of SEC. Playing PAC 12 cupcakes will be better for him, than playing Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida, Texas A&M, etc.
By Ill flame
VT hiring Pry seems like a bad move. Illinois brought out 7 O linemen and ran for 350 yards against Penn St and he didn't make a single adjustment the entire game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As big of a program as VT claims to be (in a Power 5 conference), I'm shocked they couldn't hire somebody with D1 head coaching experience. I guess nobody wanted the job except for Pry. :nono Even Rich Rod would have been a better hire. :shock:
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:39 pm "Best coaching job in the country" is debatable. There are some good jobs in the SEC. I think he left Oklahoma because he got scared of SEC. Playing PAC 12 cupcakes will be better for him, than playing Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida, Texas A&M, etc.
I don’t think he left OU because he was scared of the SEC. Sure there’s an easier path to the playoff in the Pac12 but I think the terms of the contract in that tweet were why he left.
That kind of deal is really hard for any sane person to turn down.
And after looking into it a bit I think it’s the same for BK leaving ND for LSU.
Their grandchildren will never have to worry about money. Hard to say no to that.
By tyndal23
aredd33 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:55 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:39 pm "Best coaching job in the country" is debatable. There are some good jobs in the SEC. I think he left Oklahoma because he got scared of SEC. Playing PAC 12 cupcakes will be better for him, than playing Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Florida, Texas A&M, etc.
I don’t think he left OU because he was scared of the SEC. Sure there’s an easier path to the playoff in the Pac12 but I think the terms of the contract in that tweet were why he left.
That kind of deal is really hard for any sane person to turn down.
And after looking into it a bit I think it’s the same for BK leaving ND for LSU.
Their grandchildren will never have to worry about money. Hard to say no to that.
Die hard Sooner fan, and all for Riley taking the USC Job based on a combo of reasons. OU needed the SEC to not die a slow death in Big 12 due to NIL, recruiting and tv $. What does that do pressure wise for LR who was supposed to win it this year and things didn’t fall in line with O’Line/ QB and D was solid but inconsistent. Great ability to recruit CA talent to OU. $ is a push due to taxes and cost of living, BUT media capital of the world and when USC is good, they are a force in media. He can own PAC 12 and CA and be front runner for any NFL job after if he wants it. Scared of SEC ? - a lot of Okies are saying it, but from a pure “agent” perspective - I am advising him to take it. His age, personality, aura, style/charisma is perfect for USC. That aside - his agent was talking to them day 1 of opening and the LSU job was in play but more of smoke screen - mentally he has been gone since bye week and we all knew something was off - he had never lost a game in November and it showed he wasn’t 100% in to it at Baylor. Now OU is getting gutted of all his 23 and most 22 recruits and scrambling. My opinion is we have been pretty soft and not physical under Riley - so losing recruits and starting over with a fresh base will take some time but might actually be better long run depending on staff we get. BUT an absolute home run for USC and PAC 12 and perfect fit for them.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope his 6,000,000 dollar house is close to campus. Driving around LA won't be as easy as in Norman.

I also hope he doesn't like softball. USC has no team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 6:13 am I hope his 6,000,000 dollar house is close to campus. Driving around LA won't be as easy as in Norman.

Rumor has it the no softball thing was almost a deal breaker. They scrambled to compensate by hyping their elite crew program and promising future scholarships to his daughters as part of his compensation package.
flamehunter, alabama24, Baybird and 3 others liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I heard the deal with Nick Saban was done with him going to USC but then it was brought to his attention that there is no softball program so he backed out.
By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote: December 1st, 2021, 8:12 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 6:13 am I hope his 6,000,000 dollar house is close to campus. Driving around LA won't be as easy as in Norman.

Rumor has it the no softball thing was almost a deal breaker. They scrambled to compensate by hyping their elite crew program and promising future scholarships to his daughters as part of his compensation package.
^^^^post of the week ^^^^
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I'm really hoping that Urban Meyer is taking a page from Saban's book and denying he has any interest in returning to college even though it's in the works for him to go to ND. I don't think that's the case but Meyer at ND would be nothing but entertaining and whether you like the man or not he's won at every college he's been to.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Oh yeah, he’s definitely an unlikable liar but he’s a winner. He proved that at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and OSU.
I don’t think it’ll happen but I’d like to see it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

I’m actually friends with one of USC’s crew coaches.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 1st, 2021, 7:56 pm

I’m actually friends with one of USC’s crew coaches.
Was he/she around when the scandal with Lori Laughlin's daughters was going down?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:07 pm Rocco got fired.

:dontgetit
Are the expectations of the Delaware admin and fan base really that delusional? I almost think there must be more going on there than a 5-6 season where 2 of the losses were to P5 Rutgers and FCS powerhouse JMU. He was 7-1 just this Spring and advanced to the 3rd round in the FCS tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think Delaware Administration is stranded out in left field, based on comments from Blue Hen AD. Rocco should seek a FBS job, and leave FCS. Going from LU to Richmond to Delaware, were all lateral movements.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I believe Rocco falls into the category of good guy, average coach. I am grateful for what he did at LU. He definitely raised the bar. But as I said, when he left, he took LU as far as he could.
I was never a fan of his postgame excuses why we lost a game. We choked bigly in some big games, Stoney Brook and Villanova come to mind immediately. We did beat JMU which was good.
I believe it is best for him to go to FBS as an Offensive/Defensive Coordinator.
Wish him well, wherever he lands.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]