If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
This mock draft knocks Malik out of the first round and doesn't mention him as a hot take in some subsequent round. The second half of the season has caused his draft stock to take a hit. He will have to light it up in the LU bowl game and the Senior Bowl to get back into the first round, and that's not a guarantee. That's a shame - I really like him and think he managed the hype well for most of the season.

https://theathletic.com/2986023/2021/11 ... ed-article
badger74 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:39 am This mock draft knocks Malik out of the first round and doesn't mention him as a hot take in some subsequent round. The second half of the season has caused his draft stock to take a hit. He will have to light it up in the LU bowl game and the Senior Bowl to get back into the first round, and that's not a guarantee. That's a shame - I really like him and think he managed the hype well for most of the season.

https://theathletic.com/2986023/2021/11 ... ed-article
Other than missing out on first round $$$ he still has a chance to do well in the long run. Remember Tom Brady went 6th round #199. Heinicke is having a good run, he was undrafted. I think he will be a better pocket QB in the NFL than a RPO college QB.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
These mocks have no real value outside of entertainment. The actual pro evaluators rely heavily on the off-season workouts. They'll get a first hand look soon. Also, there are plenty of past first round QBs who have done far less in 4 years than Malik did in 2.

He's gotta be on some people's radar as a 1st or 2nd rounder. Too many QB hungry teams right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
3rd or 4th QB off the Board seems about right.
By Ill flame
Matt Corall went down in the 1st quarter of the sugar bowl and came back to the sidelines using crutches. It'll be interesting if this injury affects his draft position and how that affects Malik. Both seem to be 1st rounders.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 2:15 am Matt Corall went down in the 1st quarter of the sugar bowl and came back to the sidelines using crutches. It'll be interesting if this injury affects his draft position and how that affects Malik. Both seem to be 1st rounders.
While I admire Matt Corall for starting the Sugar Bowl game for Ole Miss, his injury was horribly unfortunate, and I wonder if it will cause Willis to leapfrog over Corall in the First Round of the NFL Draft?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 3:07 pm
Ill flame wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 2:15 am Matt Corall went down in the 1st quarter of the sugar bowl and came back to the sidelines using crutches. It'll be interesting if this injury affects his draft position and how that affects Malik. Both seem to be 1st rounders.
While I admire Matt Corall for starting the Sugar Bowl game for Ole Miss, his injury was horribly unfortunate, and I wonder if it will cause Willis to leapfrog over Corall in the First Round of the NFL Draft?
It’s going to depend on the extent of the injury If he’s going to be out for 4-6 months probably not. Out for 8-12 then probably.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Not really sure with where Corral stands. He may have needed a big game win or two on his resume. Turned his ankle in this one and didn't return. Same with Auburn game. NFL evaluators wanna see how you play with something on the line and if you defy odds, overcome obstacles, and all that. Talent-wise, he looks first round though. They'll have to sort all this out, along with potential durability questions. Still, if he's mid to late first or early second...situationally, advantageous landing spot for the player.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 9:56 am Not really sure with where Corral stands. He may have needed a big game win or two on his resume. Turned his ankle in this one and didn't return. Same with Auburn game. NFL evaluators wanna see how you play with something on the line and if you defy odds, overcome obstacles, and all that. Talent-wise, he looks first round though. They'll have to sort all this out, along with potential durability questions. Still, if he's mid to late first or early second...situationally, advantageous landing spot for the player.
I disagree... I think Corral is that great college QB, that has a perfect system. I don't think he will be a good NFL QB. He has a lot of tools - good arm strength, can move, but there's just something about him that screams college QB. He hurt his ankle - he will be fine.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The offseason workouts will loom large. Both Corral and Malik will turn a lot of heads there.

You never know what NFL teams are gonna do because some owners are notorious for interfering in the affairs of the team. How do you measure what's inside the guy? How do yo differentiate Peyton Manning from Ryan Leaf coming out of college? Some are discerning, while others are lost. Either way, you gotta have those inner qualities.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: January 19th, 2022, 1:43 pm Mel Kiper has MW being the first QB taken by Washington with the 11th pick.
That would be huge!
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
For those who don't subscribe to ESPN+, here is the narrative from Mel Kiper, Jr.'s 1st 2022 mock draft on Malik:

11. Washington Football Team
Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

Time for the first quarterback off the board. You might be surprised that it's Willis, but you really shouldn't be. He was in the QB1 mix all fall before he faded a little bit in the last stretch of the regular season. The more tape I watch of his past two seasons and the more I talk to evaluators in the league, the more I like him. Put simply, Willis is the most talented quarterback in this class. He didn't always get to show that at Liberty, which didn't have much NFL talent around him. (He was sacked an astounding 51 times in 2021.) This is a dual-threat signal-caller -- he rushed for 1,822 yards and 27 touchdowns over the past two seasons -- with a powerful arm. I'm really excited to see him compete against the other top QBs in the Senior Bowl in a couple weeks.

Like Denver, Washington could be in the veteran QB market, but I like the fit with Willis. Washington can't go into the season with Taylor Heinicke as the starter.
This year's men’s basketball?

I have no interest in a 6' 8 guard or a 7' forward[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.