If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:20 pm It’s gonna be Chadwell.
VT deserves a HC with a mullet. It doesn't get any more redneck than that.

But choosing backwoods Blacksburg with their stone-prison looking campus is a hard sell over Myrtle Beach and all the palm trees and fountains that Coastal has. Maybe free lifetime meals at Bull and Bones will move the needle for Jamey. And certainly VT can do better than Chadwell's current base salary of $800,000, which is DOUBLE what he was making a year ago for the Beach Chickens.
JK37 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
What a crazy year. I can’t remember anything like this before. I completely understood Riley leaving for USC this…I’m not so sure about.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 5:37 am What a crazy year. I can’t remember anything like this before.
To use an analogy, it's almost like the transfer portal has opened for head coaches, and they are demanding, "Show me the money!"
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:02 pm ESPN reporting that Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame for LSU.
This is an interesting one to me. And I despise Notre Dame going back to 1988.

Kelly has had ND in the National conversation and CFP talks now for awhile (with the help of shady pollsters). Does this move signify he believes he can do more (national champs, CFP berths, etc.) and/or make more at LSU?
By LU 57
Offhand, I do not ever remember a coach leaving ND for another job. Pretty sure Holtz waited a few years to show up at South Carolina.

Anyway, did not see this one coming.

As for Riley, I read somewhere that Oklahoma will just be “red Tennessee” in 10 years in the SEC. thought that was pretty funny. In all seriousness, it has to be really hard for the UTs and Kentuckys who basically have no shot at a league title year after year.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I saw reports on ND looking for a replacement for Kelly a year ago. Speaking of ND I read yesterday one of their QB's just transferred to ODU. He was from Richmond.
By LU 57
TH Spangler wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:41 am I saw reports on ND looking for a replacement for Kelly a year ago. Speaking of ND I read yesterday one of their QB's just transferred to ODU. He was from Richmond.
Brendan Clark. Don’t think he was ever going to play there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:36 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:02 pm ESPN reporting that Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame for LSU.

Kelly has had ND in the National conversation and CFP talks now for awhile (with the help of shady pollsters). Does this move signify he believes he can do more (national champs, CFP berths, etc.) and/or make more at LSU?
When I was up there for the Cincinnati game they were making a HUGE deal about how was the All Time winningest coach at ND. I mean that’s kind of a Big Deal. He was much beloved in SB so this was definitely an interesting move.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I just don’t get it. It would be fascinating to deep-dive the thinking behind this move. Maybe he wasn’t feeling the love? Maybe they wouldn’t match a contract or extend him how he wanted? Maybe one side called another’s bluff? Maybe he thinks with an expanding CFP that the path to a NC is better through LSU? I mean, in an expanded CFP, doesn’t a 10-2 ND get in ALWAYS!?

I just can’t figure this one out.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ESPN reporting that VT is zeroing in on Penn State defensive coordinator Brent Pry as new coach.

Not a good choice in my opinion. J.C. Price would be a better choice.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let's be clear. The last three coaches at LSU have all won national championships in Red Stick. This is a prime opportunity that is well positioned for more titles. Oh yeah, the guy in Tuscaloosa is not going to coach forever.

Let's not forget how horrid Northern Indiana is to live. Or that Notre Dame doesn't have the sway it once did.

While I am not surprised that LSU would be chasing Kelly. I am just surprised that the Domers couldn't find a way to keep him.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:02 am
JK37 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:36 am

When I was up there for the Cincinnati game they were making a HUGE deal about how was the All Time winningest coach at ND. I mean that’s kind of a Big Deal. He was much beloved in SB so this was definitely an interesting move.
I'm hearing they want to promote Marcus Freeman.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
VT should go after Freeman if they want a defensive coordinator as HC. I'm not sure Pry can win the press conference and make fans/boosters/donors happy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 11:26 am VT should go after Freeman if they want a defensive coordinator as HC. I'm not sure Pry can win the press conference and make fans/boosters/donors happy.
Too late. You’re stuck with Pry

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.