This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lawdawg2002
Yeah, interesting that the two best hires have been more about competency and less about being tied into the club. Imagine the quality of the school if the board, president and provost were chosen based on their resume and less on how they will keep the cash cow milking.
LU 57 liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Worth noting in a thread about the trustees that Harvey Gainey has died this past weekend.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is most definitely worth noting. He is still listed on the university website as chairman of the Executive Committee. Then again no one knows who is currently in any position or even on the board at this stage since the university refses to update their website. But I believe his daughter Angela Jordan is still on the board, It seems every board member has at least one relative somewhere else on the board.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ladies & Gentlemen ... we finally have public disclosure of the current board!

Tim Lee remains the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and Will Graham remains the Vice Chair.

Here is your new Executive Committee:

• Carroll Hudson - Chairman
  • Tim Lee
  • Jerry Prevo
  • David Rhodenhizer
  • Gibert "Bud" Tinney Jr.
  • Jerry Vines

Rhodenhizer, who also has a son on the board, is a shade below 70. Everyone else in their 70s or 80s. Sexual scandal-connected Vines is the only one on the board with higher education leadership experience aside from the self-appointed president for life we have now at the helm. And he has that impressive honorary degree from another sexual scandal-plagued unaccredited school. So we are in great hands as we weather the sexual assault cover-up lawsuits currently levied against the school.

Let the record show that Allen McFarland has thankfully survived the inquisition and has been allowed to be on Jonathan's Spiritual Mission Committee. Bud Tinney is leading the presumably mythical presidential search committee.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No. The military students, for the most part, appreciate how easy LU makes it for them to take classes from a regionally accredited university while using their GI Bill/Tuition Assistance funds. Most couldn't tell you a thing about who runs the school just like most of the online students and most don't care.
By k9saber
thepostman wrote:No. The military students, for the most part, appreciate how easy LU makes it for them to take classes from a regionally accredited university while using their GI Bill/Tuition Assistance funds. Most couldn't tell you a thing about who runs the school just like most of the online students and most don't care.
Agreed...same with Public Safety personnel across the country due to tuition discount(s).
thepostman liked this
By Ill flame
I was recently looking for masters programs cheap enough that tuition assistance will cover it. No such school exists but LU was by far the cheapest for military which I'm sure plays a role along with how simple they make the entire admissions process.

Assuming this is because we have several cases now[…]

2022 Commit: PG Colin Porter

Mike Penberthy is not fictitious, my friend. He p[…]

The Biden thread

Setting here listening to Biden. I sure am glad co[…]

Malik WIllis Mega Thread

For those who don't subscribe to ESPN+, here is th[…]