This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lawdawg2002
Yeah, interesting that the two best hires have been more about competency and less about being tied into the club. Imagine the quality of the school if the board, president and provost were chosen based on their resume and less on how they will keep the cash cow milking.
LU 57 liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Worth noting in a thread about the trustees that Harvey Gainey has died this past weekend.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is most definitely worth noting. He is still listed on the university website as chairman of the Executive Committee. Then again no one knows who is currently in any position or even on the board at this stage since the university refses to update their website. But I believe his daughter Angela Jordan is still on the board, It seems every board member has at least one relative somewhere else on the board.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ladies & Gentlemen ... we finally have public disclosure of the current board!

Tim Lee remains the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and Will Graham remains the Vice Chair.

Here is your new Executive Committee:

• Carroll Hudson - Chairman
  • Tim Lee
  • Jerry Prevo
  • David Rhodenhizer
  • Gibert "Bud" Tinney Jr.
  • Jerry Vines

Rhodenhizer, who also has a son on the board, is a shade below 70. Everyone else in their 70s or 80s. Sexual scandal-connected Vines is the only one on the board with higher education leadership experience aside from the self-appointed president for life we have now at the helm. And he has that impressive honorary degree from another sexual scandal-plagued unaccredited school. So we are in great hands as we weather the sexual assault cover-up lawsuits currently levied against the school.

Let the record show that Allen McFarland has thankfully survived the inquisition and has been allowed to be on Jonathan's Spiritual Mission Committee. Bud Tinney is leading the presumably mythical presidential search committee.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No. The military students, for the most part, appreciate how easy LU makes it for them to take classes from a regionally accredited university while using their GI Bill/Tuition Assistance funds. Most couldn't tell you a thing about who runs the school just like most of the online students and most don't care.
By k9saber
thepostman wrote:No. The military students, for the most part, appreciate how easy LU makes it for them to take classes from a regionally accredited university while using their GI Bill/Tuition Assistance funds. Most couldn't tell you a thing about who runs the school just like most of the online students and most don't care.
Agreed...same with Public Safety personnel across the country due to tuition discount(s).
thepostman liked this
By Ill flame
I was recently looking for masters programs cheap enough that tuition assistance will cover it. No such school exists but LU was by far the cheapest for military which I'm sure plays a role along with how simple they make the entire admissions process.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Johnny Hunt, a trustee in 2010 has been "credibly accused" of sexual assault at that same time. He denies it. But if an investigative 3rd party says it's credible then we may have an answer to the question posed by the title of this thread. How many other trustees have these skeletons

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/i ... 190827.php
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:53 pm Johnny Hunt, a trustee in 2010 has been "credibly accused" of sexual assault at that same time. He denies it. But if an investigative 3rd party says it's credible then we may have an answer to the question posed by the title of this thread. How many other trustees have these skeletons

“Credibly accused” is super vague. And just because it’s made by a 3rd Party doesn’t make it any more or less credible.
LUOrange liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
So a professional investigation into the matter by an oustside organization with in addition to the victims words is NOT more credible than just the victims words. That is where you stand. Ok.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
PH, Hunt's been exposed, and he just happened to resign his SBC position earlier this month. I mean, the counselor that he himself told the woman & husband to go to basically admitted it.

And the whole thing with him going to the grand opening of Ravi's massage parlor, eeesh. Sure, could be totally coincidental & innocent, but man, alarm bells are going off.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
PH, did you read the report? I know that it is long but I find it hard to believe that would be your comment if you had actually read the report.

The release of this report and all of the evidence included is absolutely heartbreaking. it is also the very reason LU will NEVER have a truly independent investigation done. Sad, but true...
JK37, Just John, Sly Fox liked this
LUconn wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:53 pm Johnny Hunt, a trustee in 2010 has been "credibly accused" of sexual assault at that same time. He denies it. But if an investigative 3rd party says it's credible then we may have an answer to the question posed by the title of this thread. How many other trustees have these skeletons

Trustees probably aren't going to be the other LU connected folks that spring up in this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:13 am

“Credibly accused” is super vague. And just because it’s made by a 3rd Party doesn’t make it any more or less credible.
Read the report. Just the first 30 pages. That’s all I had time for. And I’m convinced that SOMETHING very inappropriate happened. Abuse? Well, the counselor HE recommended for them said so, so…….?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
The whole SBC report is probably deserving of its own thread and is only tangentially related here, but from the snippets I've seen, it's bad. Worse, it seems, than even some of the more cynical critics thought. As a member of an SBC-affiliated church and having spent a good chunk of my life in SBC culture, it's grieving to say the least. I'm not sure how to move forward with this info, other than to grieve.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:47 am PH, did you read the report? I know that it is long but I find it hard to believe that would be your comment if you had actually read the report.

The release of this report and all of the evidence included is absolutely heartbreaking. it is also the very reason LU will NEVER have a truly independent investigation done. Sad, but true...
Nope. Haven’t read the report. I was just making general observations. When the long knives are out all sorts of people guilty and innocent get stabbed.
JK said just read the first 30 pages. I ain’t got time for that. Considering I never gave a conclusion one way or another not sure what the point is. I’ve already been skewered by the self righteous on the page.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:50 am
Purple Haize wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:13 am

Read the report. Just the first 30 pages. That’s all I had time for. And I’m convinced that SOMETHING very inappropriate happened. Abuse? Well, the counselor HE recommended for them said so, so…….?
I’m waiting for the Audible version to come out. Study :D
I’m not going to be surprised if something ‘inappropriate’ happened. Not sure where my statement said it didn’t. Or did. Having not read the report I wasn’t commenting on the specifics. But I’ve been around LU and investigations like this where neither outcome will surprise me. If that makes me the bad guy so be it
LUOrange liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Some things never change. Postman doesnt believe 2000 mules at all but believes every word of this. I havent watched or read either yet but those replies in 2 separate threads made me laugh.
LUOrange liked this

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.