If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Maryland - Eastern Shore
Princess Anne, Maryland

UMES Hoops Official Site

Jason Crafton
Season as UMES Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

NOV 09 - @ SAINT JOSEPH'S .................... L 67-69
NOV 10 - @ TEMPLE .................................. L 49-72
NOV 13 - BRYN ATHYN .............................. W 91-42
NOV 17 - HOOD COLLEGE ......................... Postponed
NOV 19 - @ FORDHAM .............................. W 75-73 (2 OT)
NOV 24 - @ CAMPBELL .............................. 1:00 PM
NOV 27 - @ LIBERTY .................................. 5:00 PM

Key Player

#3 Zion Styles
6' 3" Senior Guard
Thru 4 Games: Averaging 13.8 Pts, 4.0 Rebs & 1.2 Assists
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope i never have to write a review on which concession stand is worse, Arena or Williams Stadium. Both are bad, i.e. slow
LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:41 pm I hope i never have to write a review on which concession stand is worse, Arena or Williams Stadium. Both are bad, i.e. slow
My Arena experience has been far more positive in terms of speed and food quality than FB
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I have nowhere near the experience of you two because I haven’t been on campus in years but my wife and I both had chicken tenders and chilli cheese fries and it was much better than expected. Actually really good.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:19 pm I have nowhere near the experience of you two because I haven’t been on campus in years but my wife and I both had chicken tenders and chilli cheese fries and it was much better than expected. Actually really good.
Food quality is hit or Miss, except the nachos because those are always a miss. It just takes forever
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure they'll be so sad to see you go.

Too much of that boom boom boom music.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:01 pm With the music and dog and pony shows, this might be my last game in arena this season
Ballcoach, did you leave your red head phones in the truck?

Also, I changed my mind and went home to channel surf between the UVa-Tech game and the Bama-Auburn game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:14 pm I'm sure they'll be so sad to see you go.

Too much of that boom boom boom music.
If it’s too loud you’re too old!
Bring on Blue Ridge Rock Fest ‘22 Baby!
ballcoach15 liked this
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
First game at Liberty Arena. Nice environment! Will make an impact in close games. Glad to pull out another win. Robinson played in the post most of the game and looked solid. He's a lot more athletic than Preston. McDowell is playing really well. No reason McGhee needs to take 18 shots. Plenty of other capable scorers. It's a team game. All other starters shot a higher percentage from the floor. Defense was solid for most of the game, save for the last few minutes of the first half and the first few minutes of the second. Go Flames!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:17 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:01 pm With the music and dog and pony shows, this might be my last game in arena this season
Ballcoach, did you leave your red head phones in the truck?

Also, I changed my mind and went home to channel surf between the UVa-Tech game and the Bama-Auburn game.
Yes, i forgot head phones. When i entered arena, i thought there was a concert, not a 🏀 game.

I believe all the closet UVA fans in ole men's club went home.except 1.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
First game at the arena- it feels…intimate. I still think it should be 1-2k bigger. It was also quieter than I expected, but I’m chalking that up to no students and a crowd full of people who were dragged there by their families.

Also, concessions was just plain bad. They seemed super disorganized and didn’t know what was on the very limited menu. Maybe the A-team worked the football game and went home.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
My first, too. I liked it. Very glad the place is an intimate as it is. Crowd energy was down, definitely due to students’ absence.

Sodexho has zero incentive or desire to be good at what they do. Concession menu is poor, service is poor.

Need another take-charge mentality apart from McGhee. Shiloh Robinson seems like the key to the season to me.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
My hot take is that Warfield turns into that guy. He’s steadily increasing minutes this season and he clearly wants it more than anyone on the floor.

Remember, he was our highest rated recruit ever. I think he’s got more on offense than he’s shown and he’s a dog on D.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The PG position in RMK’s offense is overrated. Anyone can start the O. McGhee’s best takes last night were after zero passes, just attacks. No problem with that.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
First time in the new arena yesterday. (Yes, I was dragged by my family). Very nice facility. But there needs to be several changes. 1. Not surprised, someone was sitting in our seats. Because they have electronic tickets, the game staff has no option, but to let people wander and take any seat they want. Thus, it makes the fans their own "seat police", which is far from ideal. they need two more concession outlets. I didn't use them. I would not have waited in those lines, for free food. More drinking fountains, for those who do not drink soft drinks.
Finally, we are going to lose a lot of games. I do not see us winning the conference. We do not have any bigs that can score. They are not athletic. Without a DM, we lose that game by 15-20 points. Do not understand the use of Dobbs, with the exception of late in the game, because he is a good FT shooter. Other than that, I see no value added.
We are a young team, have a great coach, but with no contributing bigs, it is going to be a looooong season. IMHO.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've been to a lot of electronic ticketing only facilities and ushers have no issue with confirming you go to the right seat. They simply ask to see the e ticket on your cell phone. Are rhey not doing that?

I know LU isn't use to having to police much of anything with sporting events but that won't be the case with men's basketball in a 4,000 seat arena.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:51 pm I've been to a lot of electronic ticketing only facilities and ushers have no issue with confirming you go to the right seat. They simply ask to see the e ticket on your cell phone. Are rhey not doing that?

I know LU isn't use to having to police much of anything with sporting events but that won't be the case with men's basketball in a 4,000 seat arena.
No, they did not do that at all. Didn't see it anywhere. I am not too surprised, 4 of the 6 football games this year, someone was parked in my assigned parking place.
It will be something for the staff to work on in the future. I will let the right people know.
thepostman liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I had problems with electronic tickets at high school football games, LU football and even softball world series.
For LU football, i went to ticket office when i received my tickets. I gave them my phone and emails, passwords, etc. and told them to download my tickets. 45 minutes later, they printed me hard copies of the tickets.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:57 pm
thepostman wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:51 pm I've been to a lot of electronic ticketing only facilities and ushers have no issue with confirming you go to the right seat. They simply ask to see the e ticket on your cell phone. Are rhey not doing that?

No, they did not do that at all. Didn't see it anywhere. I am not too surprised, 4 of the 6 football games this year, someone was parked in my assigned parking place.
It will be something for the staff to work on in the future. I will let the right people know.
Yeah. It'll be a change since it is rarely a thing LU has to worry about. Hopefully it'll get better.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:57 pm I am not too surprised, 4 of the 6 football games this year, someone was parked in my assigned parking place.
I never had that problem parking in the Pink Lot (NO jokes, Purple). :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:36 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 28th, 2021, 6:57 pm I am not too surprised, 4 of the 6 football games this year, someone was parked in my assigned parking place.
I never had that problem parking in the Pink Lot (NO jokes, Purple). :nono
I’m still smiling at the way you all set up your tailgate :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]