If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:14 pm 1-LSU
2-Florida
3-USC
4-Washington
5-TCU
6-Washington St.
7-Troy
8-Akron

F
I
F
T
Y

F
E
E
T

O
F

C
R
A
P

9- VT
10-FIU
Moneyball
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 7:17 am
ballcoach15 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 3:57 pm Some of ya'll are probably snuggling up to Notre Dame, because they "won one for the Gipper", in 1928. (vs. Army)
So, if that means we should be focusing on recent history, let's face it. They both have been no better than mediocre for a decade.

Being in LA is both the best and the worst thing USC has going for it. Tons of talent, but a s-hole of state and city government. Blacksburg is in the boonies. Beamer found a way to get good players to come, but he was unique.
And before Frank that program was a shambles.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 2:00 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 3:57 pm Some of ya'll are probably snuggling up to Notre Dame, because they "won one for the Gipper", in 1928. (vs. Army)
So, if that means we should be focusing on recent history, let's face it. They both have been no better than mediocre for a decade.

Being in LA is both the best and the worst thing USC has going for it. Tons of talent, but a s-hole of state and city government. Blacksburg is in the boonies. Beamer found a way to get good players to come, but he was unique.
He was Generational. They will need someone with Tech roots to even think about becoming relevant again .
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ESPN has an article ranking the openings and had USC at 2 ahead of Florida…and unfortunately for ballcoach VT was 6th.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:48 pm At one point in time, road to ACC championship went through Blacksburg, VA.
It's easy to win a conference championship when you dont play anybody. :lol:
JK37 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 10:25 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:48 pm At one point in time, road to ACC championship went through Blacksburg, VA.
It's easy to win a conference championship when you dont play anybody. :lol:
Alabama24, you are correct. Big 10 conference proves that every season.
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Traditionally, BC, I agree. But you should educate yourself on Ohio State this year. Boy, they’ve looked good of late. Hard for me to say.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Like previous seasons, they haven't played anyone. Sure they beat a couple or 3 , over ranked Top 10 teams in their conference . They played 1 half good team in OOC , and got beat.
Pollsters over rank B10 teams, just to justify CFP committee putting Buckholes in playoffs.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 24th, 2021, 4:43 pm Ignore the score and watch the game. Until you do, you can’t call yourself a Coach.
He probably still watches the ball too
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 4:11 pm
JK37 wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 2:00 pm

He was Generational. They will need someone with Tech roots to even think about becoming relevant again .
There is a next generation out there. 8)
Purple Haize liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
That’s pretty surprising. He’s been there a long time. Just won 10 games and the division in 2019. Also won 5 or 6 straight bowl games.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
What have you done for me lately?

Wasn’t somebody just saying something about the lack of job security in coaching?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, tough business. There aren’t too many coaches that can survive 2 consecutive bad seasons.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Lincoln Riley leaving OU for USC…wow.
I certainly did not see that coming.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Definitely surprising but it makes a lot of sense. With OU off to the SEC there’s a much easier path to the playoffs from the Pac12.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:59 pm Lincoln Riley leaving OU for USC…wow.
I certainly did not see that coming.
Is style is much more suited to the PAC 12 than the SEC. plus with the cross town rival running something similar it should be fun!
Plus I have an “in” for USC football tickets!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 20th, 2021, 10:08 pm Sources told me today that Billy Napier will be new VT coach.
Proving once again the veracity of your “Sources”
It’s gonna be Chadwell.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]