If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I know there has been a strong and deep relationship between the LU and MU and ODU athletic departments for some time.

Exact opposite between JMU and LU.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 6:39 pm I know there has been a strong and deep relationship between the LU and MU and ODU athletic departments for some time.

Exact opposite between JMU and LU.
I absolutely believe you, but the "strong and deep" relationship with Marshall has not led to much in the way of competition. I do believe we have a game or 2 on future football schedules. It looks like JMU basically hates us, and they have chosen to show that by not playing us. Our response should be to play them when we can, beat them, and then love them.
By LUOrange
Now that they're FBS, it'd make too much sense to play JMU as much as possible in every sport, especially football and MBB. We'd each be a good draw for the other considering our proximity and their arrogance. They're very easy hate as a sports rival. Hopefully, we'll keep the 2025 game with them.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 17th, 2021, 4:17 am
LUOrange wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:17 pm UMASS to CUSA as a full member?

Would be a very impressive basketball conference.
Not sure how much they add there. They certainly have a history, but they have had 5 straight losing seasons. Dr. J and John Calapari are not walking through that door.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 17th, 2021, 8:15 am UConn ladies would be nice.
Nice? You think being in a conference with FGCU has been hard. Multiply that by about, oh I don't know, pick a number no smaller than 10.

I can't imagine UConn would accept an all-sports invite, simply because of what they would give up in men's and women's basketball. I suspect Gino would retire before he would play in C-USA, although that may not be far off anyway (he's 67).
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Geno* isn’t retiring tomorrow. Relatively soon, but Shea needs more time to get ready.

And you’re not lying about not wanting to Face UCONN women. :lol: It’s like the old argument that every man thinks he could last 3 minutes in the ring with Tyson. Yeah, until you take the first punch! Everyone thinks they can compete with UCONN, SC…until you get on the court with them. Been there, done that. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t end pretty! :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I went to East Carolina awhile back to see UConn women play. UConn had a 35 point lead at halftime, and Geno said it was their worst played half of the season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 17th, 2021, 10:50 am They would left the entire conf. But I look for the aac or even acc to take them in football just to land the ladies.
I am surprised the ACC hasn't invited UConn. The ACC loves northern schools, i.e. Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College. I recall when old Big East was so bad, that most of America wanted them out of the old BCS network. So what does ACC do, they basically merged with the Big East.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 17th, 2021, 10:50 am They would left the entire conf. But I look for the aac or even acc to take them in football just to land the ladies.
My guess is, with the exception of Liberty, they are already pretty far left........................but maybe not as far as UConn. 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 17th, 2021, 10:14 am Geno* isn’t retiring tomorrow. Relatively soon, but Shea needs more time to get ready.

And you’re not lying about not wanting to Face UCONN women. :lol: It’s like the old argument that every man thinks he could last 3 minutes in the ring with Tyson. Yeah, until you take the first punch! Everyone thinks they can compete with UCONN, SC…until you get on the court with them. Been there, done that. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t end pretty! :lol:
Is there a "Heads Coach in Waiting" situation (either official or unofficial) there with Shae Ralph, or is that just what everybody expects?
By LUOrange
UMass will leave the A10 long before UConn leaves the Big East. To be honest, I only see UConn leaving the Big East for the ACC. Neither schools football teams will improve until they're in a conference, but in my opinion, UConn will be able to sustain football indy longer than UMass.

Any chance we can renege on CUSA and become team 16 in the A10? :D On a serious note, anyone know if we actually approached the A10 and Big East or we're only focused on an all-sports FBS conference?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We'v been approaching the A10 for multiple decades. Just remember who determines membership in that league ... priests. To say they don't have a great view of our school would be putting it mildly. Loyola-Chicago is just their speed.
LUOrange, JK37 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 17th, 2021, 1:20 pm We'v been approaching the A10 for multiple decades. Just remember who determines membership in that league ... priests. To say they don't have a great view of our school would be putting it mildly. Loyola-Chicago is just their speed.
No doubt Loyola is a good fit. Actually, "only" 7 of the 14 current A-10 schools are Catholic. Loyola-Chicago would make 8, and I think we might be surprised by the level of agreement some of those priests have with our principles. We might actually have more resistance from the secular wing.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It wouldn't be a bad move to enter a multi-bid conference. In order to do that we'd have to be multi-bid worthy. From an A-10 standpoint, we'd need to keep building on that resume. A sweet sixteen or two wouldn't hurt. That's the value that we would need to bring to the table.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 17th, 2021, 11:51 am
I am surprised the ACC hasn't invited UConn. The ACC loves northern schools, i.e. Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College. I recall when old Big East was so bad, that most of America wanted them out of the old BCS network. So what does ACC do, they basically merged with the Big East.
Boston College will not allow UConn into the ACC. That’s how they got left behind in the first place.

Also, did someone just suggest that the AAC should invite UConn? The conference UConn just left?
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]