If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
#631526
And UVa wins BIG over Illinois, 42-24. Study :football
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#631533
ballcoach15 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 4:05 pm Oregon beats Buckholes 35-28.
You realize, of course, that because of your arbitrary decision to hate Ohio State, you are now celebrating the victory of a team representing one of the most "woke" schools in America, with an athletic program funded by and largely controlled by Nike and the most awful uniforms on the planet. :roll:

Waiting for some of our uniform fashionistas here to tell me how out of step I am to rip on the Duck's unis.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
Posts
#631537
olldflame wrote: September 11th, 2021, 5:27 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 4:05 pm Oregon beats Buckholes 35-28.
You realize, of course, that because of your arbitrary decision to hate Ohio State, you are now celebrating the victory of a team representing one of the most "woke" schools in America, with an athletic program funded by and largely controlled by Nike and the most awful uniforms on the planet. :roll:

Waiting for some of our uniform fashionistas here to tell me how out of step I am to rip on the Duck's unis.
They do too much....like too too too much :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#631540
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 5:43 pm There might be another upset that ball coach will announce.@olldflame, just hold in your response as much as you can :lol:
Notre Dame just scored to take the lead with a minute left. Yeah, ballcoach would have been all over that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#631650
ballcoach15 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:37 am Notre Dame is lucky they're not 0-2. ND barely beat FSU, who lost to FCS Jacksonville State.
Just because a team with superior talent plays poorly and allows an opponent to stay close does not mean they are "lucky" if they win. ND won those 2 games because they were the better team. The scores were close because they did not play well. I'm sure their coaches and fans are not happy about their performance, and yes, some of the fans are probably echoing what you are saying, but that's not the way this works. In another post, I believe you said the Irish "should" be 0-2.

No.

They "should" have won both games by at least 2 TDs.

While I disagree with your language here, I do believe the Irish were overrated coming into this season. People way underestimated how much Ian Book did for that team the last couple of years and how much they miss him.
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#634426
Two more over ranked SEC schools lost today. Ole miss and Kentucky. Too bad the AP voters can't just stop after Georgia and Alabama. Everyone else is just overrated apparently.
olldflame liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
#634427
ballcoach15 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 5:10 pm Two more over ranked Big 10 teams lose today. Iowa and Michigan.
Are the Big 10 trams they lost to also overrated? How does that work?

This just in: VT still sucks.
Kricket liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
#634430
JK37 wrote: October 31st, 2021, 12:21 am
ballcoach15 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 5:10 pm Two more over ranked Big 10 teams lose today. Iowa and Michigan.
Are the Big 10 trams they lost to also overrated? How does that work?

Every Big 10 team is overrated.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#635439
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2021, 6:39 pm Georgia State beats the nation's most over ranked team, Coastal Carolina 42-40. Poll voters are probably crying.
Not a fan of Coastal, and I do agree they have been overrated on more than one occasion. Having said that, I'm impressed they put up 40 points with McCall out.
User avatar
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
#635441
olldflame wrote: November 13th, 2021, 6:59 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2021, 6:39 pm Georgia State beats the nation's most over ranked team, Coastal Carolina 42-40. Poll voters are probably crying.
Not a fan of Coastal, and I do agree they have been overrated on more than one occasion. Having said that, I'm impressed they put up 40 points with McCall out.
Their backup QB is almost as good as McCall. I would hate to live off the difference in them. However, as already said, year in, year out, they are always the most overrated team in the country. VT is close. 8)
JK37 liked this
User avatar
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
#635447
Not sure how or why it happened but Texas really has been pathetic for maybe a decade now. It seems like every year it’s “Texas is back” much like FSU and Miami went through that phase a few years ago when it clearly hasn’t been true.

Didn’t Texas lose to Kansas just a year or two ago also?
Next President of Liberty University

https://twitter.com/save71LU/status/15752518006299[…]

Flames Illustrated

I miss real tickets. Especially the nice picture b[…]

Prediction Thread - LU @ ODU

17-14 LU wins 2 sacks

Men's Soccer- What is needed?

Unacceptable result. We are squandering our reso[…]