Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 6th, 2021, 3:23 pm Salter looked electric last week. It would be hard to keep him off the field.
Yeah which it is exactly why I think it may be a pipe dream. I just like Bennett a lot.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 3:33 pm Take away the sack and TOs, it's a different ball game.

Trade a QB to Virginia Tech for 3 offensive linemen. :D
Nah…VT keeps proving every week how horrid they are as an entire program. Anybody that have on their roster is simply below LU’s level. VT sucks.
By LibertyMan
Kricket wrote: November 6th, 2021, 1:53 pm That's what happens when we run. Shedro is better than Mack too. I wouldn't run Mack. We need big plays to catch up.
Both guys are good. They compliment each other well. They are both underutilized in the run game. If we stuck to the run game with Mack and Shedro in the redzone the game would have been much closer and we wouldn't need to play catch up. Instead we went to throwing interceptions instead. This is SEC level. You gotta attack with the rungame until they stop you or you have no chance! We stopped ourselves. I think if we played top competition each week, our guys would have won this game!
LUOrange liked this
By Ill flame
Its hard to tell because both teams primarily wear red but I heard a lot of cheering after our second touchdown. It sounded like our fans traveled pretty well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 6th, 2021, 2:01 pm I forgot @Purple Haize is at this game. This is all his fault. :D
Absolutely my fault. I’ll own it!
thepostman liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I do not think that Bennett is as good as the other two guys right now. He has a couple of years in the system and saving the other guys red shirt is a good reason he is the backup right now. Of course things can change, but don't think he is our guy long term.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Defense really stepped it up in the second half. Good showing to almost equal a solid SEC opponent in yardage. Not sure if we're trying to pad Willis' passing stats or what, but should have ran more in the first half. Willis is a great representative of the school and a skilled athlete who can make all the throws, but his decision making is definitely poor at times. Have to take care of the ball against good teams. Throwing the ball away is not the end of the world. Kind of looking forward to seeing someone else at the helm next year. Shedro is a great running back, especially if we can utilize him in the screen game (7 carries for 101 yards). Go Flames!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I like Salter the most. Electric athlete with a cannon for an arm. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Malik returns with the way his stock is dropping and others rising, ala. Pickett and Strong.

We desperately need offensive line and outside wrs. Can’t even give Malik time to go through his 2nd read and our Wrs can’t get open.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 7:04 pm I like Salter the most. Electric athlete with a cannon for an arm. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Malik returns with the way his stock is dropping and others rising, ala. Pickett and Strong.

We desperately need offensive line and outside wrs. Can’t even give Malik time to go through his 2nd read and our Wrs can’t get open.
I think Salter is talented. He looked like superman against the scrubs of probably the worst defense in FBS. I'm withholding my judgement for now. Should be an interesting QB competition this Spring.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 7:04 pm I like Salter the most. Electric athlete with a cannon for an arm. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Malik returns with the way his stock is dropping and others rising, ala. Pickett and Strong.

For the first time this year, I told someone today that MW should consider staying for another year. Take out some injury insurance, get some more PT, etc. He is a great QB, the best ever at LU by miles. Not sure if I am a NFL, GM, I take him in the first round. He is not going to be able to run like he does now, once he gets to the NFL. I am glad I don't have to make that decision. Regardless of what he does, I wish him well.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Disappointing in some ways but light years away from the drubbing at Auburn just three years ago. This program has come so far in such a short time. So proud of the work that these players and coaches have put in to go from FCS to being within striking distance in the 4th quarter to a strong SEC program on their home field. Hero of this week, Defensive staff who made adjustments that held Ole Miss to a field goal in the second half. Hope they finally get some rest and recovery these two weeks and finish strong. Hope everyone will do their best to get to the next two games to show your support.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 6th, 2021, 6:40 pm Takes a big man to own up to their mistakes!
Have you seen my FB photo of me on this plane? Then you’ll know you speak the truth
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I missed the whole game yesterday because my LU Quiz Bowl team was at UVa, beating JMU, UNC, and Georgetown like a drum. But I was monitoring the game on my phone like Ballcoach taught me.

The good news is that the SEC Network is going to rebroadcast the game Tuesday; the bad news is that the rebroadcast is at 3:00 in the morning. :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 7th, 2021, 4:34 pm I missed the whole game yesterday because my LU Quiz Bowl team was at UVa, beating JMU, UNC, and Georgetown like a drum. But I was monitoring the game on my phone like Ballcoach taught me.

The good news is that the SEC Network is going to rebroadcast the game Tuesday; the bad news is that the rebroadcast is at 3:00 in the morning. :shock:
0300, just get up early.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Even better, I found the game on YouTube and watched it last night.

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:19 am PH, did you wear a LU or Ole Miss cap yesterday ?
PH was there in LU gear in the LU section. I didn't have the opportunity to meet you at the game. Were you there?
Athens Regional

Can Escobar fly a 747? Asking for a friend. A[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

ACC dug their own grave with poor leadership. At o[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]