Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That makes sense. I figured everybody was probably already headed out. It will be an interesting few days to say the least.

I know that CUSA isn't what a lot of people want but I really believe that it is much more sustainable than the independent route. Also, with the changes coming to the CFP it makes it a little bit easier to make a run. Not easy, but easier.
By Ill flame
I really don't care if c-usa adds a couple non football playing teams but I hope they stop at 9. Missouri St is the only other fcs I would be content with c-usa adding but that name hasn't been rumored very heavily so it seems doubtful.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Any chance that Kennesaw St is a realistic target for CUSA in the near future? They seem like a good fit to me.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Keep chopping wood and winning games until we can make the next step.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have been in meetings all day and just saw the formal announcement. I hope this indicates that WKU & MTSU might be staying put. One way or the other we have a year and a half of Indy/ASUN before we get down to business in this new alignment.

On a related note, Sam may be completely unprepared for this move but it greatly benefits this long lost Texan. Having league games within a half hour of my house is insane.
TH Spangler, ballcoach15, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
I imagine that C-USA isn't done with expansion. There are other independents and FCS schools looking for a call-up. In the current environment, grabbing as many teams as possible is the smart play, no?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 5:13 pm I imagine that C-USA isn't done with expansion. There are other independents and FCS schools looking for a call-up. In the current environment, grabbing as many teams as possible is the smart play, no?
UMass and/or UConn as football only members would seem to be no-brainers. UMass might be interested in all sports, but UConn won't want to leave the Big East because of basketball.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
I have said what I think of C-USA in it's proposed form elsewhere. I've been wrong before in my opinions of Liberty's athletic decisions; I am looking forward to being wrong this time as well.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]