Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That makes sense. I figured everybody was probably already headed out. It will be an interesting few days to say the least.

I know that CUSA isn't what a lot of people want but I really believe that it is much more sustainable than the independent route. Also, with the changes coming to the CFP it makes it a little bit easier to make a run. Not easy, but easier.
By Ill flame
I really don't care if c-usa adds a couple non football playing teams but I hope they stop at 9. Missouri St is the only other fcs I would be content with c-usa adding but that name hasn't been rumored very heavily so it seems doubtful.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Any chance that Kennesaw St is a realistic target for CUSA in the near future? They seem like a good fit to me.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Keep chopping wood and winning games until we can make the next step.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have been in meetings all day and just saw the formal announcement. I hope this indicates that WKU & MTSU might be staying put. One way or the other we have a year and a half of Indy/ASUN before we get down to business in this new alignment.

On a related note, Sam may be completely unprepared for this move but it greatly benefits this long lost Texan. Having league games within a half hour of my house is insane.
TH Spangler, ballcoach15, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
I imagine that C-USA isn't done with expansion. There are other independents and FCS schools looking for a call-up. In the current environment, grabbing as many teams as possible is the smart play, no?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 5:13 pm I imagine that C-USA isn't done with expansion. There are other independents and FCS schools looking for a call-up. In the current environment, grabbing as many teams as possible is the smart play, no?
UMass and/or UConn as football only members would seem to be no-brainers. UMass might be interested in all sports, but UConn won't want to leave the Big East because of basketball.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
I have said what I think of C-USA in it's proposed form elsewhere. I've been wrong before in my opinions of Liberty's athletic decisions; I am looking forward to being wrong this time as well.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]