This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m not a lawyer, so what’s juicy about it? I saw The Baggett Lady© say the document suggests that it means the investigation was meant to be internal, not independent, but to my lay-person’s eyes it looks like it’s granting unlimited access to the investigators. My take was that he posted it to suggest that he can talk about whatever he wants.

Edit* or that he’s suggesting they fired him for being a whistleblower
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
He’s posting it to say they went back on their agreement and fired him as a whistleblower. Which isn’t true. Their reasons given to him for his termination have nothing to do with whistleblower status or behavior. But he’ll obviously fight it on that basis.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Do you have any insider knowledge here about his firing?

Obviously they aren’t going to say they fired him in retaliation for what he said to investigators, and I’m sure they’d have plenty of cause without that, either way. I assumed he was fired because of what was in the report, not what he had told them. Lamb definitely believes it’s for being a whistleblower, that’s apparent by all his tweets.

Whatever happened, it’s clear by his tweets that Lamb is intent on bringing the whole thing down.

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Up front, I have no inside information on what went down in his removal. But reading the tea leaves it appears he is stating that he may have shared information implicating the man who signed that letter. Yeah, that will get you run out of town on a rail rather quickly. But that is pure speculation on my part.
flamehunter liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Lamb seems like a real schmuck... The administration deserves him and whatever crap he slings. In the long run, it would be a favor to the school if Lamb had the balls to tell the truth rather than post silly tweets that are clearly not-so-veiled threats.
ATrain liked this
By rtb72
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 24th, 2021, 8:55 pm Lamb quoted in this one.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the- ... l-assaults
Yeah...pretty much proves he's a jack wagon. He was only worried about the "optics". He's a sleaze just like everyone else who would cover it up. I don't know if her story is true or not....but apparently, he thought there were issues and really did nothing along with all the others he asserts were involved. He's basically solidified himself as a coward and shill.
Just John liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It’s never too late to grow a conscience. I sincerely hope Lamb is repentant for his complicity here, but that certainly isn’t the tenor I get from his public behavior. He isn’t out here mourning the harm done to these young women, he’s out here trying to hurt the university that fired him.

That said, Lamb would have legitimate knowledge of the inner-workings here and would be the first with such knowledge to speak publicly about what he knows. He’s also the type of guy to keep receipts in case he were ever let go.

If we are able to get public exposure that brings about legitimate change, I don’t mind it coming at the hands of a jack-wagon.
ATrain liked this
By rtb72
stokesjokes wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:59 pm It’s never too late to grow a conscience. I sincerely hope Lamb is repentant for his complicity here, but that certainly isn’t the tenor I get from his public behavior. He isn’t out here mourning the harm done to these young women, he’s out here trying to hurt the university that fired him.

That said, Lamb would have legitimate knowledge of the inner-workings here and would be the first with such knowledge to speak publicly about what he knows. He’s also the type of guy to keep receipts in case he were ever let go.

If we are able to get public exposure that brings about legitimate change, I don’t mind it coming at the hands of a jack-wagon.
I can't say he's not repentant, because it's not my place...but I'd lay a year's salary he's just disgruntled and seeking revenge. Nevertheless, he has hurt his credibility as an informer to some degree as he is only coming forward AFTER he has been terminated. That is always going to lend suspicion to one's account(s). Sadly, he didn't have the guts to come forward before his "credibility" could have been challenged. I wouldn't hold my breath on legitimate change. It'll pretty much go like this....

He drags LU through mud....they besmirch his character and drag him through mud....and it's a draw.
Last edited by rtb72 on October 24th, 2021, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flameshaw liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: He's the focus. And he remains the actual scandal. Some seem to miss this somehow.
2 things can be true at once. His behavior and reign is an unresolved scandal. But covering up a long list of sexual assaults seems like it's kind of a big deal.
ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This also isn't about Lamb. I know he'd love for this story to turn into that but it isn't about that. This is about how LU has handled reports of sexual assault for the close to 20 years I have been connected to the University. All you have to do is read this thread to see the reason why nothing changes. Sure, people are quick to call out Jr or even the board but they still have a hard time giving any credibility to the notion that LU covers up sexual assault. It is absolutely disgusting. I'm not surprised anymore and have lost complete faith that anything will actually change.

This is bigger than sports but since this is a sports board I will bring it around. If you think any conference, P5 or G5, would want us to be apart of their conferences with all of this baggage you're kidding yourself.

I am sad for these women. I am sad for the friend of mine from freshmen year who faced similar reactions from LU when she came forward. I feel sad for my past self who rationalized all of that away. I have since apologized to my friend but everytime a new story comes out, I am reminded of it over and over again. If I feel like that can you imagine how the women who were actually ignored feel?

I love a lot about LU and know there are a lot of good people there but until there is real substantial changes made within the leadership structure of LU. Nothing will actually change. Just shallow tweets from our school's president that didn't get it when Jr was running the show and he certinaly doesn't get it now.
ATrain, Purple Haize liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 25th, 2021, 2:26 pm
paradox wrote: He's the focus. And he remains the actual scandal. Some seem to miss this somehow.
2 things can be true at once. His behavior and reign is an unresolved scandal. But covering up a long list of sexual assaults seems like it's kind of a big deal.
Agreed. It's possible. Nevertheless, Junior and his scandal is reality. That's known. It's also tragic.

The other stuff about assaults are hazy at best. The prudent move is to wait and see how it all plays out.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 26th, 2021, 4:35 am I'm not a labor lawyer, but a private school can issue pink slip to anyone, anytime i would think.
There are federal protections for whistleblowers and people making Title IX complaints. Lamb has to prove that his firing was in retaliation to one or both of those.
ATrain liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
In the lawsuit he claims he refused to sign the severance at least in part because it included an NDA.

I also assume he thought he had these protections and would have no legal recourse against the school if he signed a separation agreement.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 26th, 2021, 9:19 am Shannon Bream covered the story last night on her show. She had a short clip of Lamb. TBH, he's a little difficult to comprehend in real time. Maybe the clip will emerge and we can make better sense of it. My biggest takeaway was that he claims that he refused to sign his severance. And from what little else I could gather, he was advocating some kind of public listening with regard to the claims. Seemed to indicate that he was discharged over that.

Bream said she would stay on it and keep us posted if anything further develops.
I just wanted to reference this. Shannon Bream is well-positioned on this issue. She's by far the most notable woman associated with LU. She's a also a lawyer. A journalist. And she cared enough to run a piece on it last night and promised to follow-up. Additionally, the Bream's are legacy insiders and very credible. My anticipation is honest reporting regardless of the outcome.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone listen to his interview with Julie Roys? I thought he came off sounding pretty sympathetic as opposed to a slimeball like he does on twitter. Maybe that's because he's a PR guy. Or maybe twitter is just not a good medium for him because this involves a lot of nuance and context. Either way if what he's saying is close to true I think that would be the end of prevo. Which is good but hes just another scapegoat.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]