This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Everyone thought that it was going to be Jeb vs. Hillary in 2016. I was prepared to go with Jeb. But then Trump cleaned his clock and did the same with the rest. Some of it was entertaining and some of it was completely insane. I was pleasantly surprised that he delivered with his judges, though. That part was a success. So was the economy.

Having said that, he's a defective and flawed leader through and through. Too thin-skinned. He's transparent and a straight-talker, but he doesn't stay in that lane. Unfortunately, he tends to shrink into the same self-absorption and personality disorder that defines and plagues the Democratic Party.
LU 57 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I heard an interesting interview the other day. Guy pointed out how important it is to some degree to keep religion and politics separate.He pointed out one of the best things the founding fathers did was to setup our country to enabled us to do that. He mentioned how the Germans allowed Hitler to overly combine the two.

I've said before my vote only intersects with my "faith" on issues like abortion, middle east policies and religious liberty etc.

While some of you here point out that some so called Christians have elevated Trump the man to high ..... some here have have made the same mistake in reverse.

I find peace knowing that in the end God's beautiful timeline moves in perfect motion just like He planned it

👍
LU 57 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:49 am I would've been really interested to see who would've won the 2016 nomination if we had ranked choice voting.
I think the primaries might be a place we could actually see ranked choice voting take hold first. Maybe, over time, we could move there for national elections once it’s not so foreign to people.

I would think the RNC and DNC might like to have ranked-choice voting in primaries, it would keep the possibility of wildcards like Trump or Bernie from taking the nominations. For the elections themselves, the RNC and DNC will obviously be opposed bc it opens the door for third parties.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:31 am I heard an interesting interview the other day. Guy pointed out how important it is to some degree to keep religion and politics separate.He pointed out one of the best things the founding fathers did was to setup our country to enabled us to do that. He mentioned how the Germans allowed Hitler to overly combine the two.

I've said before my vote only intersects with my "faith" on issues like abortion, middle east policies and religious liberty etc.

While some of you here point out that some so called Christians have elevated Trump the man to high ..... some here have have made the same mistake in reverse.

I find peace knowing that in the end God's beautiful timeline moves in perfect motion just like He planned it

👍
I just don’t think a Christian can or should separate Christianity from any part of their lives. It should inform every moment of your day and every decision you make. I think that’s part of what Paul means when he says pray without ceasing- always be in communion with God in everything you’re doing.
LU 57 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
stokesjokes wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:40 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 15th, 2021, 9:49 am I would've been really interested to see who would've won the 2016 nomination if we had ranked choice voting.
I think the primaries might be a place we could actually see ranked choice voting take hold first. Maybe, over time, we could move there for national elections once it’s not so foreign to people.
NYC just did it in their mayoral primary.
stokesjokes liked this
By LU 57
stokesjokes wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:40 am

I would think the RNC and DNC might like to have ranked-choice voting in primaries, it would keep the possibility of wildcards like Trump or Bernie from taking the nominations. For the elections themselves, the RNC and DNC will obviously be opposed bc it opens the door for third parties.
I don’t typically vote in primaries but I did in 2016. The reason was to beat Trump :lol: anyway, I voted for Rubio.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:42 am
TH Spangler wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:31 am I heard an interesting interview the other day. Guy pointed out how important it is to some degree to keep religion and politics separate.He pointed out one of the best things the founding fathers did was to setup our country to enabled us to do that. He mentioned how the Germans allowed Hitler to overly combine the two.

👍
I just don’t think a Christian can or should separate Christianity from any part of their lives. It should inform every moment of your day and every decision you make. I think that’s part of what Paul means when he says pray without ceasing- always be in communion with God in everything you’re doing.
I agree.

But candidates and parties are all fallen men and women. So you have to choose between them if you vote.

Right now I vote for the party that doesn't object to me saying "men and women". :lol:

I also vote for the party that wants to protect our jobs from being offshored to slave labor in China to benefit global multinational corporations. And the one that most realizes what China is up to.

That being said, I cast my vote realizing that in the near term God's prophetic timeline is headed in a different direction, but it ends well. God's got it!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 16th, 2021, 10:08 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 15th, 2021, 11:43 am I also vote for the party that wants to protect our jobs from being offshored to slave labor in China to benefit global multinational corporations.
So what’s the name of this fictional party you vote for?
New, America first post Trump republican party
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 16th, 2021, 10:08 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 15th, 2021, 11:43 am I also vote for the party that wants to protect our jobs from being offshored to slave labor in China to benefit global multinational corporations.
So what’s the name of this fictional party you vote for?
New, America first post Trump republican party
So the one that accepts hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations from corporations that rely heavily on the Chinese market?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If Trump was potus those ships anchored off California would get off loaded in Trump time. The man was a determined problem solver.

And Anthony Fauci would be retired to Florida by now. :lol:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I think we are starting to see what real incompetence looks like. Dems are so inept that the guy who appeared to burn all his bridges seems to be positioning himself for a comeback. The expectation for Biden was to be mediocre, but he turned out to be dreadful. All those blue-collar former Dem-types are as loyal ever to Trump. Wouldn't be surprised if they come roaring back.
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know Biden continues to get a lot of focus on here and honestly he deserves it. He sucks. I just really hope Republicans can put the Trump drug down. Dude is toxic and not good for the republican party, the conservative movement or our country. This statement on the passing of Colin Powell is pretty sick. Something I expect from toxic democrats but come on, there is a time in place to get your shots in. This is not that time. I've already seen it defended and it is insanity. I hope someone from the republican party that embraces conservative values can somehow break through because another Biden/Harris vs Trump battle sickens me.

I admired Colin Powell. Was he perfect? Of course not but he deserves more respect than this. Ok. Back to my message board hibernation.

Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-azv8ydcpn8898
Just John liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I mean, Biden is the president now. Although I do get this uneasy feeling that Trump is going to at least get awfully close to the GOP nomination in 2024.

As much as I want to say that we shouldn’t publicize his nonsense and give him attention, I think it’s important for people to see stuff like this just in case they still have any lingering delusion that the man has any shred of character.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 19th, 2021, 5:21 pm I know Biden continues to get a lot of focus on here and honestly he deserves it. He sucks. I just really hope Republicans can put the Trump drug down. Dude is toxic and not good for the republican party, the conservative movement or our country. This statement on the passing of Colin Powell is pretty sick. Something I expect from toxic democrats but come on, there is a time in place to get your shots in. This is not that time. I've already seen it defended and it is insanity. I hope someone from the republican party that embraces conservative values can somehow break through because another Biden/Harris vs Trump battle sickens me.

I admired Colin Powell. Was he perfect? Of course not but he deserves more respect than this. Ok. Back to my message board hibernation.

Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-azv8ydcpn8898
It was brought up in a political group I’m in that the only people really bringing up Trump now are the Left. Sure he has his zealots and remains popular but you don’t really hear a lot of folks talking about him. He only gets brought up by the other side.
His policies were good. His willingness to fight back even better. But his time is done as President. His only use now is to make Democrats scream like little children and nod his approval at the Republican candidate
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 19th, 2021, 9:37 pm And yet…

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3825
I mean if we are talking Trump v Biden as our only option then yeah
But it again misses the point I made. Republicans like what he stood but not the baggage. Give them an alternative with less baggage and those numbers will turn
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]