This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
Posts
#633303
Ill flame wrote: October 15th, 2021, 2:48 am
tyndal23 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 11:55 pm
I agree 90%. UNC stadium looks gorgeous “empty” with photos of “empty seats” and Mack Brown uses it every week on Twitter - every chair is UNC chair back Blue. The other 10% means LU making the stadium appear as large as it can on TV and in person for recruits. We have the best looking 25k seat stadium in America,- with some optical illusions, we can make it look like 40k plus without committing the G5 sin of too much stadium for the product/fan base.
I was thinking about the chair back seats from a fan comfort perspective (sitting on bleachers definitely discourages me from going to games). You make a good point though, stadiums look way better and more professional with team colored seats.

I think you can have the best of both worlds. Adding an upper deck, keeping the berm and switching to chair backs could improve the fan experience a lot without adding much if any to the capacity of the stadium. 25,000-30,000 capacity will be plenty big for awhile but there are definitely some ways they can improve the stadium without doing anything too crazy.
. I agree with the seat vs bench concept - even student section - it would eliminate the empty corners. So in short, we could build great looking upper deck, keep seat count the same and use the tiered bowl ONLY for overflow for sellouts - keep it off limits all other games. ( sorry kids ).
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#633317
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 11:15 pm Where's that school of engineering that was promised (and other schools)? SMH :nonono :lol:
That's a good question. Did they just cancel it altogether or is it just delayed due to covid?

Also I just saw this article. They are building some type of museum for senior while putting other buildings on hold?

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2021/10/08 ... or-christ/
User avatar
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
#633325
TH Spangler wrote: October 15th, 2021, 12:57 pm
flameshaw wrote: October 15th, 2021, 11:36 am Use my name when joining, I get points for referring new members. :) David Brown.
Flameshaw did club level sellout this year?

Reason I ask is I don't need 6 tickets but I think I have enough points to get them next year (top 100 member). If there's anyone without enough points I might be interested in splitting a membership.
I suspect there probably some people in that position. Not sure of anyone in particular, but can think of at least a couple of maybe's.
I was told verbally, and in print, that the Club seats were sold out this year.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#633327
flameshaw wrote: October 16th, 2021, 12:38 pm
TH Spangler wrote: October 15th, 2021, 12:57 pm
flameshaw wrote: October 15th, 2021, 11:36 am Use my name when joining, I get points for referring new members. :) David Brown.
Flameshaw did club level sellout this year?

Reason I ask is I don't need 6 tickets but I think I have enough points to get them next year (top 100 member). If there's anyone without enough points I might be interested in splitting a membership.
I suspect there probably some people in that position. Not sure of anyone in particular, but can think of at least a couple of maybe's.
I was told verbally, and in print, that the Club seats were sold out this year.
I'm #80 something on the list. I can't do 3k only needing 3 tickets. But I could split membership cost and the 6 tickets with someone without enough loyalty points. Let me know if you run into anyone.

Especially next season :)
User avatar
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
#633813
My guess is there will be temporary bleachers aplenty for the VT game. This offseason should be more functional upgrades than experiential.
  • 1
  • 157
  • 158
  • 159
  • 160
  • 161
Game #12: Army

Was at the game yesterday, freezing my butt off. W[…]

Forget beating them. LU was going to find it imp[…]

Army Prediction Thread

5 Ft Belvoir Ft Lee Ft Myer Ft. Eustis Ft Br[…]

Malik WIllis Mega Thread

These are good takes. You’ve made me feel b[…]