If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: October 12th, 2021, 11:09 am
ballcoach15 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 8:12 am Boise State should remain where they are at.
And they did, so whats your point?
My point is, Boise State should not be in Big 12, nor any other conference, other than the one they are currently in.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:These three conferences as they currently stand appear to be dead ends. There would need to be some serious shuffling before they have our ear IMO. It needs to be advantageous.

We were never a southern regional university. We're a unique private institution with a global mission. Past ADs and other decision-makers have lost sight of this in the past. Ian used the term Mid-Atlantic. He's got a larger focus.
I get that. I wasn't making the statement about the AAC from Liberty's perspective. I'm just pointing out that the landscape right now feels different than previous rounds of realignment. There isn't an obvious hierarchy anymore and there isn't an obvious choice for an AAC addition.

A slip up from the AAC could mean they fall to a middle tier G5, which I think has them frozen. The longer they wait, the worse it likely will be for them, as it kind of makes them seem weak.

There's a reason the Big 12 chose to act so quickly in adding new teams. Perhaps the AAC is not in love with their options, or perhaps they are getting rejected by more than just the MWC teams. Either way, it makes them seem weaker and weaker the longer they wait, IMO.
Ill flame liked this
By cruzan_flame13
I would've thought the AAC would look at some of the "top" teams of the Sun Belt and CUSA and promite the opportunity to grow both football and basketball(and other Olympic sports as well). What better to be under the P6 banner than just other G5 :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
"College football realignment: C-USA to ask AAC to reorganize - Sports Illustrated" https://www.si.com/college/2021/10/12/c ... t-football

The western conference would include SMU, North Texas, Rice, UTEP, Southern Miss, Tulane, Tulsa, Louisiana Tech, Wichita State, UAB, Memphis and UTSA. The eastern conference would feature East Carolina, Charlotte, Old Dominion, Temple, Marshall, FAU, FIU, South Florida, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky and two potential new additions.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 14th, 2021, 12:33 pm Big East/Indy may be better than whatever AAC-CUSA-SBC reorganized conglomerate that I believe we're going to end up joining. If we even have a chance at the Big East that is.
Agreed! Or I'll even take the A-10/Indy option
Ill flame, Kricket liked this
By cruzan_flame13
ATrain wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:11 pm
LUOrange wrote: October 14th, 2021, 12:33 pm Big East/Indy may be better than whatever AAC-CUSA-SBC reorganized conglomerate that I believe we're going to end up joining. If we even have a chance at the Big East that is.
Agreed! Or I'll even take the A-10/Indy option
I remember mentioning this years ago and I was laughed at. Seems like if the Big East would consider Dayton and VCU(Partner for Georgetown). Itbwould be nice to put in the discussion, but it is likely that will not happen. Looking more into the schools of the A-10, I don't see any interest us joining unless they are focusing on a financial/business benefit for the future of the conference only.
By cruzan_flame13
LU 57 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:21 pm Big East is primarily Catholic, correct? Might be a decent fit there.
If only it was that simple, but nothing ever is unfortunately. Now our field hockey team is definitely helping us but basketball is king
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 2:56 pm Does Big East even play football ?
No, but it would be a great home for our Olympic teams. Field hockey is doing well and I think our softball team would do better with our SOS including conference teams (might be wrong on that). Of course you may not like it Ballcoach because we'd be the most southern team in that conference :lol:.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:08 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 2:56 pm Does Big East even play football ?
No, but it would be a great home for our Olympic teams. Field hockey is doing well and I think our softball team would do better with our SOS including conference teams (might be wrong on that). Of course you may not like it Ballcoach because we'd be the most southern team in that conference :lol:.
Big East is rather weak in softball. Villanova had RPI of 29 and DePaul 57. All others range between 113 and 226.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:38 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:08 pm
Big East is rather weak in softball. Villanova had RPI of 29 and DePaul 57. All others range between 113 and 226.
How was that different compared to the other ASUN teams? I'm a bit curious; I'm not up to date with ASUN softball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 4:27 pm Out of the 32 softball conferences, the ASUN was the 8th strongest conference, while Big East was 12th.
12th out of 32 doesn't sound "rather weak" to me, and the difference between 8th and 12th could pretty much be erased by our presence/absence.
Kricket, ATrain liked this
By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote: October 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 14th, 2021, 4:27 pm Out of the 32 softball conferences, the ASUN was the 8th strongest conference, while Big East was 12th.
12th out of 32 doesn't sound "rather weak" to me, and the difference between 8th and 12th could pretty much be erased by our presence/absence.
That's a good point. That's why I asked because it seems toe that our program was a main reason why the conference was top 10 when it comes to softball.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LU 57
olldflame wrote: October 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm
Big East is 13th in baseball vs. 22 for the ASUN. Also would be helped by our presence.

Basketball is 6 vs. 26. Men’s soccer is 10 vs. 21. Could not find women’s soccer. Already in Big East for field hockey. Clear uptick for most everything except softball.

I too want to be in a football league, and also prefer a southeastern footprint; however a football conference invite is seeming increasingly unlikely. I know this is not a perfect match, and there are lots of other obstacles, but it seems worth consideration from our admin.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I guess my thought is, if the Big East wanted us, we would have been in discussions with them prior to this round of realignment.

Nothing has happened to make us more attractive to the Big East besides basketball sustaining success, which is good but not amazing. Not amazing enough to make them add us now.

The AAC being weakened seemed to trigger this comment. Wichita, or even Temple, are certainly in a much worse basketball conference than just a few weeks ago. They may be attracted to the Big East. Both AAC teams, so that doesn't help us get a Olympic sports invite.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]