If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:05 am I'm just glad we have Ian in the driver's seat.
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 11:14 am This is one of those deals that's best done with utmost secrecy.
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 1:18 pm JMU and ODU bring NOTHING to the table.
Will you say the same thing if Ian leads us into a conference with those two teams? :lol: I agree with Paradox that it is good for Ian to be in the drivers seat and not any of US "bozos" (myself included). I am in favor of joining a conference... but not just any conference... but my idea of a "good" one is quite different than some others around here. :football
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What does JMU and ODU bring to the table ? JMU being up in the mountains might bring some deer or bear meat to the table. ODU, being on the coast might bring some seafood to the table. As for football I see neither bringing anything to any conference. Our vision should be higher than JMU or ODU. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about either one.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 3:37 pm What does JMU and ODU bring to the table ? JMU being up in the mountains might bring some deer or bear meat to the table. ODU, being on the coast might bring some seafood to the table. As for football I see neither bringing anything to any conference. Our vision should be higher than JMU or ODU. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about either one.
ODU - 757 exposure
JMU - Well respected FCS program that was far more successful than LU.

Combined they bring regional rivalries and eyeballs to games that otherwise wouldn’t be there.
LUOrange, ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 9:42 am When someone posts about a Restaurant, and it gets more replies than a ball game post, there's a problem with fan base, whether it be P5, FBS, FCS or Division III.
Its the Baptist obsession with gluttony
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 4th, 2021, 4:39 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 3:37 pm What does JMU and ODU bring to the table ? JMU being up in the mountains might bring some deer or bear meat to the table. ODU, being on the coast might bring some seafood to the table. As for football I see neither bringing anything to any conference. Our vision should be higher than JMU or ODU. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited about either one.
ODU - 757 exposure
JMU - Well respected FCS program that was far more successful than LU.

Combined they bring regional rivalries and eyeballs to games that otherwise wouldn’t be there.
That makes too much sense for Ballcoach to understand
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 8:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 8:01 pm Its the Baptist obsession with gluttony
Or maybe lack of knowledge on sports. :dontgetit
I miss when you used to tell us all about the different Burger Kings you would hit up. 🍔
[/quote]

Didn’t one of them just catch fire?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 8:34 pm Our vision should be higher than JMU/ODU. If one wants to get excited about in state rivalry, see: Virginia Tech and a little lesser extent, UVA.
Are you saying your vision is that an LU / VT rivalry will supplant a VT / UVA rivalry?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It's not a bad position to be situated squarely in the middle of two ACC state schools. Only and hour and change away. UVA and Tech will be forced to play us if and when we sustain a strong program. Otherwise, they will be have to wear the label, "afraid to play us." Remaining an Indy allows huge scheduling advantages here. We remain flexible and accommodating. What's more, there are four more ACC schools approximately two hours away in NC. We're misfits, and in order to make the most of it, we absolutely have to win. We will earn everything we get. And I'm good with that.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 4th, 2021, 10:13 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 8:34 pm Our vision should be higher than JMU/ODU. If one wants to get excited about in state rivalry, see: Virginia Tech and a little lesser extent, UVA.
Are you saying your vision is that an LU / VT rivalry will supplant a VT / UVA rivalry?
I mean, we'd ALL love to the primary rival for UVA and VT, but let's be real, that is the top rivalry in the state and will remain the top rivalry in the state until the end of time. Additionally, Tech has other rivals that will always rank ahead of us when it comes to importance. These are Miami and WVU. Tennessee has the potential to be added to that list if the Vols will ever agree to a series with the Hokies (and we know they likely never will).

Ballcoach, just give it up man, we're never going to be Tech's main rival.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Both VT & UVA are realistic natural rivals, but we have to be consistently good with a sustained winning status. Without question, they would be jealous. We are just too close geographically.
TH Spangler liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I never said LU vs VT rivalry replacing VT vs UVA rivalry.

But for those slobbering over a LU-ODU rivalry or LU-JMU rivalry, your vision isn't great. Remember, Dr. Falwell mentioned Notre Dame when he announced founding of the college. He didn't say, someday we'll play JMU or ODU.
We've got to dream big.
LUOrange, Liberty22, Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
ODU isn't a rival. They're not even close to our level. Beating them is easier than beating most FCS schools. Neither is JMU. They actually are FCS.

Didn't we beat Va Tech last time we played? The rivalry has already begun. If they can catch up, they might be able to be our rival.
ballcoach15 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The key to our success is and always will be winning. We are in the heart of ACC country. We can't be ignored if we're really good. Scheduling is not a problem for us.

It's looking more and more like Malik could end up being the face of this program even after he leaves. That's something to build on. We'll see how it all plays out. Hopefully to our favor.
By tyndal23
paradox wrote: October 6th, 2021, 8:46 am The key to our success is and always will be winning. We are in the heart of ACC country. We can't be ignored if we're really good. Scheduling is not a problem for us.

It's looking more and more like Malik could end up being the face of this program even after he leaves. That's something to build on. We'll see how it all plays out. Hopefully to our favor.
Would love to proactively go after BYU,Baylor,TCU,BC for long term scheduling if we remain Independent and decide to elevate our Program up a notch. For now, with 2 major Programs visiting 2022, I would really like to see an investment in the cable trolley cam system that P5 and NFL use for tv and make our broadcasts look P5. It is a big difference when watching a game and would enhance our tv value for future contracts. Seems like ESPN would save $ letting our team call the games - they are better than the crews ESPN currently uses.
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 1:41 pm
paradox wrote: October 6th, 2021, 8:46 am The key to our success is and always will be winning. We are in the heart of ACC country. We can't be ignored if we're really good. Scheduling is not a problem for us.

Would love to proactively go after BYU,Baylor,TCU,BC for long term scheduling if we remain Independent and decide to elevate our Program up a notch. For now, with 2 major Programs visiting 2022, I would really like to see an investment in the cable trolley cam system that P5 and NFL use for tv and make our broadcasts look P5. It is a big difference when watching a game and would enhance our tv value for future contracts. Seems like ESPN would save $ letting our team call the games - they are better than the crews ESPN currently uses.
After digging some, I don’t think each stadium has their own permanent Skycam, instead it is temporary and installed before each game by the production crew and it is a 5 day process ? Seems odd, maybe that was an old article and technology has evolved ? Any techies know more ?
By Ill flame
Drones are definitely the future in this area. I'm not sure if the sky cams are more stable and/or easier to control but drones are likely much cheaper and easier to set up initially.
By LUOrange
Our LFSN crew is almost on par with the ESPN crews. Heck, Warner, Jauch & Friends are better than most of ESPN's broadcast crews. You only need to rewatch the Troy and Syracuse games to realize that. And LFSN did run 1 or 2 of the ESPN2/U games we had last year. I'd put our LFSN crew up against any of them. I just wish the University would take advantage of their talents by running a 24-7 LUTV streaming channel. There's enough content from athletics, convos, TRBC, LCA, and the other ministries and Departments.
cruzan_flame13, rtb72, Ill flame and 2 others liked this
By Rubicon
tyndal23 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 1:41 pm
What are my chances of getting good seats to the BYU game if I just buy them at the ticket booth? Or, should they be bought online?

How crazy is Virginia with Covid regulations, and will it likely be crazy next October?

Making it out there next year is probably a pipe dream, anyway, but just wondering . . . :D
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]