If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
To go to P5, the city of Lynchburg would have to double in size........................ at least. So if everything else is in place, which it isn't, it won't be anytime soon.
I doubt McCaw and HF will be around more than another 3-5 years. And it will take a truck of dynamite to get Prevo and his fake, fundy, dr's degree out of that private jet seat. Hard to believe he is still around.
No one hopes I am wrong, more than me. 8)
By tyndal23
jimflamesfan wrote: September 25th, 2021, 4:58 pm Also...I really hope if they do decide to continue with the berm seating they make it retractable. They could pull it out for VA Tech and BYU type games...but then push it in for our FCS game like Gardner Webb next year and keep it retracted for the game that the students are on break.
Would love to see an example - I looked online couldn’t find any outdoor stadiums with retractable. Would be good to have for next year BYU VT games.
jimflamesfan liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 26th, 2021, 5:44 pm
flameshaw wrote: September 26th, 2021, 5:21 pm To go to P5, the city of Lynchburg would have to double in size........................ at least.
Blacksburg population 44k
Lynchburg population 80k

:lol:
Oxford Mississippi 28k
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 26th, 2021, 7:27 pm A lot of P5 towns are small. And some are crummy towns also.
Tuscaloosa. Population ~99k for example
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 26th, 2021, 9:24 pm Let's not forget about Morganhole, WV
You shouldn’t refer to the hometown of Marshall in such away. You’ll offend your Man Crush Cider
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: September 26th, 2021, 5:37 pm
jimflamesfan wrote: September 25th, 2021, 4:58 pm Also...I really hope if they do decide to continue with the berm seating they make it retractable. They could pull it out for VA Tech and BYU type games...but then push it in for our FCS game like Gardner Webb next year and keep it retracted for the game that the students are on break.
Would love to see an example - I looked online couldn’t find any outdoor stadiums with retractable. Would be good to have for next year BYU VT games.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Having some signage was kind of cool in that video. :shock:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 26th, 2021, 5:49 pm
flameshaw wrote: September 26th, 2021, 5:21 pm To go to P5, the city of Lynchburg would have to double in size........................ at least.
Lynchburg population 80k

Oxford Mississippi 28k
Starkville 25K
Clemson 14K
Auburn 76K
Chapel Hill 57K
Charlottesville 47K

I'd say that Lynchburg can easily support a P5 school
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: September 27th, 2021, 3:08 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 26th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Lynchburg population 80k

Oxford Mississippi 28k
Starkville 25K
Clemson 14K
Auburn 76K
Chapel Hill 57K
Charlottesville 47K

I'd say that Lynchburg can easily support a P5 school
Kinda like saying a suburb of LA, has only 20,000 people. Except that it is surrounded by a 10M metropolis. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but not many. For example, The Peoples Republic of Chapel Hill is in the middle of an area with almost 2 million people, with a NHL franchise. In addition, because we are a religious school, at least half the people in any area, will have no interest. Maybe some day, but not in our lifetimes.
By Ill flame
I don't think the size of the city will matter as much as the size of the fan base moving forward. I think TV networks would prefer an east Carolina with a relatively big fan base in a small town over a Tulsa that has a small fan base in a city.

The LU website says we have over 250,000 alumni which would make them tied for 4th in the ACC with Syracuse (source below) and that number will probably double over the next 20 years. Combine that with the universities desire to become THE school for the nearly 100 million evangelicals in the country. Obviously evangelicals aren't as monolithic like catholics and Mormons but even a small percentage is huge.

There's no denying that it will be an uphill battle over a long period of time but I don't think liberty is limited by anything but themselves at this point.

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019 ... 8.html?m=1
LUOrange, Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The 250,000 number must include online alumni. If you can figure a way to engender their support of Liberty beyond a mild curiosity, good luck!
By Ill flame
Most alumni of every school dont support athletics but that's still a lot of people with a direct connection to the school that wouldn't exist otherwise. I wouldn't completely overlook it.
By Ill flame
TH Spangler wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:04 pm Image
It's definitely an association of like minded universities within close proximity of each other. "Stacked conference" wouldn't be the first description to come to mind though.

That would be the beginning of G5 conferences actually going back to being regional which would be great for cfb
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For what it is worth, it looks like Belmont is moving from the OVC to MVC and not back to the ASUN. There has been speculation online that Belmont & Murray State would move together as a package deal. But there is no indication in the early reports of that being the case. No one wants t be left holding the OVC bag at this point. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that both Arkansas-Little Rock & Murray State could both land in the ASUN in the coming weeks. Maybe even UT-Arlington.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I was thinking. Since the berm is slanted already...the seats would"t even need to be retractable. They could be built in with some kind of retractable cover. The cover could be opened for the VT and BYU games...
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]