Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I see some on social media that are anxious about this game. Undefeated in college ball is not easily attainable so we can lose at any time. Yes, the Orange are better. However, so are we. We have spectacular offensive coaching and defensive coaching. We have young men that are motivated to play hard for greatness. This makes it very hard to go against our guys.
This one is winnable for us.
Now, when we get to Ole Miss Ill pull out the Kool Aid.

Flames 38
Orange 24

Our D gives up 275
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Its a toss up. Going back to last year we are 13-1. The law of averages have to come in to play eventually. We are on the road working with a short week. With that said ...

34 to 31 OT Liberty :wink:

350 yards
By jmclaughlin
I don't see either side having more than 11 possessions in this one and would be thrilled if we squeezed points out of 1/2 of those. Both teams boast the same strengths, Front 4 on D. Both teams share the same struggle, Front 5 on offense. This could be similar to our matchup with Troy. Similar for the Orange in their matchup with Rutgers. add it up = a game of attrition. Who hurts themselves the least wins this one. The X-factor is coaching and we clearly have the edge there.

Sparky - 27
Otto - 23

327 yards given up
By rtb72
Not sure I have the confidence in our running game, and Malik can only do so much with their containment focus on him that is surely going to come. Also, really concerned about our ability on Special Teams. I really hope I'm wrong...

SU 24
LU 20
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
People talk about "special teams" like it's all the same thing, when it's actual several distinct teams. All but one of those teams (punt return/block) played well against ODU. The main problem with the running game has been injuries/illness in the OL. I think we will be closer to full strength there tomorrow.
By rtb72
olldflame wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 7:23 pm People talk about "special teams" like it's all the same thing, when it's actual several distinct teams. All but one of those teams (punt return/block) played well against ODU. The main problem with the running game has been injuries/illness in the OL. I think we will be closer to full strength there tomorrow.
Alves out and Barbir out. Freshman place kicker. I'm worried about those two areas in particular. Still not feeling good about running game. It's based on my opinion and the production I've seen the past two home games. I hope and expect a stronger ground game, but again...there are areas of concern for me. Perhaps my word use of "ability" was not the correct term, but nevertheless...ST has me worried; on more than one distinct team.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 10:46 pm
olldflame wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 7:23 pm People talk about "special teams" like it's all the same thing, when it's actual several distinct teams. All but one of those teams (punt return/block) played well against ODU. The main problem with the running game has been injuries/illness in the OL. I think we will be closer to full strength there tomorrow.
Alves out and Barbir out. Freshman place kicker. I'm worried about those two areas in particular. Still not feeling good about running game. It's based on my opinion and the production I've seen the past two home games. I hope and expect a stronger ground game, but again...there are areas of concern for me. Perhaps my word use of "ability" was not the correct term, but nevertheless...ST has me worried; on more than one distinct team.
I would rotate Green and Mack a lot in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Then hit a tired DL with a heavy dose of Louis's speed in the 2nd and 4th quarters.
rtb72 liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
rtb72 wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm Not sure I have the confidence in our running game, and Malik can only do so much with their containment focus on him that is surely going to come. Also, really concerned about our ability on Special Teams. I really hope I'm wrong...

SU 24
LU 20
Only one predicted SU. Your special team concerns rang true.
By rtb72
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: September 25th, 2021, 1:32 pm
rtb72 wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 7:09 pm Not sure I have the confidence in our running game, and Malik can only do so much with their containment focus on him that is surely going to come. Also, really concerned about our ability on Special Teams. I really hope I'm wrong...

SU 24
LU 20
Only one predicted SU. Your special team concerns rang true.
Yeah...that's not the way I want to "win".
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]