This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Hey, they say that medical-error is the number 3 cause of death in the US. Maybe, that explains why everything is all over the map. Public officials and experts behaving as if we're in a world-ending plague, pretty much speaks for itself.
Last edited by paradox on September 8th, 2021, 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:19 am I guess from what I'm seeing on the ground in FL, I'm starting to question the "If you’re vaxxed, you’re significantly less likely to get COVID" narrative. Delta seems to be cutting through the vaccines pretty easy down here. Now, I'm still glad I got vaxxed - as my symptoms have been pretty manageable. In fact, my symptoms are only slightly worse than my un-vaxxed 17-year olds symptoms. This 50-year old will take that as a win.
Glad you’re doing ok, I have the same concerns with delta. Unfortunately, the data’s not there yet to say one way or another. Most COVID testing isn’t differentiating between the strains, just negative or positive.
By cruzan_flame13
paradox wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:37 am Hey, they say that medical-error is the number 3 cause of death in the US. Maybe, that explains why everything is all over the map. Public officials and experts behaving as if we're in a world-ending plague, pretty much speaks for itself.
For example, cancer(which is highly ignored during this experimental moment in life). Former head of the National Cancer Institute [Cytochemistry Section] and Cheif Chemist at the U.S. National Institute
Dean Burk, Ph.D stated that flouride causes it faster, than any other chemicals. Yet it's still doctor approved to consume. My point is that these doctors and nurses mostly follow orders without realizing that they're helping cause these errors. If a doctor or nurse who disclose any issues that's occurring (especially if its going against the narrative) because they'll be (technically ) breaking federal law. I spoke and listened to nurses who've had enough and it is mind blowing what's really going on under this stats and charts that is promoted as value from the government/instinct. One can say they're covid patients being admitted for covid, but they're considered covid until its rule out. When they are ruled out, the patients are still ruled as covid victims. Hospitals are still treating patients as if they have covid until they find out they don't. That's the mandate that nurses have to follow; this is irrational and harm continues to be done. So people who are not there because of covid have to be treated as a "covid" patient because doctors and nurses have to compromise (hands are tied and have to do as told). Logical thinking is not welcome here and more people will die because of it. Fauchi and all the stars playing their roles are pushing and claiming this virus to be worst than anything humanity has seen before and it's not. People who have medical background knows this, so why are they playing along with this? Why haven't we heard from those who have lost their certificates and jobs who didn't want to go along with this? Oh..that's right, they're stamped with the "conspiracy theorist" mark, so they are outcast to society now. Nothing new under the sun.
By LU 57
Whatisthetruth wrote: September 8th, 2021, 7:33 pm More Covid and Prevo is still MIA. He should teach a business class. How to lead from the rear

https://wset.com/news/local/liberty-uni ... d-19-cases
I guess I sort of resent the implication that LU is doing something wrong. There are lots and lots of places that have had run away case counts in spite of draconian measures. Just look at Australia and Israel for 2 examples. Like Alex Berenson said, COVID is going to COVID. It is endemic and the sooner we all learn to accept that, and learn to deal with that, the better off we will all be.

I for one refuse to live in fear. My time will come when it comes.
CCWMichael liked this
By rtb72
So seriously...where does it end? Covid does not appear to be going anywhere and will mutate into other forms even with tolerance to vaccinations. I get that it's a 'new phenomenon', but at what point do we recognize it as something that cannot be suppressed, only mitigated. Furthermore, mitigation measures cannot be sustained at their current level, so what exactly are we looking for in results? Over a year of this mess and we have essentially gotten NO WHERE. So what do folks expect in another year, 2 years, 10 years? It can be studied and better research can result in better, PRACTICAL treatments....but are we expecting to restrict and quarantine for the next year....two years....ten years? I've been vaccinated, I've gotten Covid after vaccination. My family and I will most likely make the PERSONAL choice of getting vaccinated again when that time comes. As before Covid, my family and I practice appropriate hygiene and like with the flu....we stay home when sick and try not to infect others. But...I am not wearing a mask for the next year. I am not going to stay away from my family and friends. I'm going to football games, and I'm going to live my life. If you want the vaccine...fine. If you don't...that's your business. At the risk of sounding harsh, it's really none of my business. I don't push or shame people for other vaccines or health care. I have never been able to protect everybody else, but can be REASONABLE. I will not have the burden of protecting everybody else (or perception of trying) on me or my family, but we will practice the same precautions we do with any other contagious disease. In short (to late), whether we like it or not, this disease will not be deterred by our measures; look at where we are now as compared to last year. Personal responsibility and common sense are our best defense, and that falls on each individual based on their own choices.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Had an amusing conversation today.

I spent a couple of days in June with a good friend and his adult son in TX. They good-naturedly gave me crap about being part of the "sheeple" and getting a vaccine. Thankfully they are now both getting over Covid but remain very strongly anti-vax. My friend told me today that because I have been vaccinated I have 27 times greater chance of getting Covid a second time than he does. :dontgetit The goal of the vaccine is to lessen the chance of getting Covid to start with.

This is a very smart, accomplished guy. Unfortunately he has let his politics IMO get in the way of clear thinking.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 8th, 2021, 7:15 am Was there some hubris involved? I have no doubt, but chalking all this up to that is knee-jerk. Other universities that have kept rigid mitigations in place are struggling with high case numbers too.
Can you share some of that data? Common sense protocols have kept many VA schools pretty healthy, both k-12 and college. The fact the there was no guidance at all coming into school was a big factor in the rapid spread at Liberty. Even LU officials acknowledged that they knew some students would come already infected.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 10th, 2021, 12:15 am Had an amusing conversation today.

I spent a couple of days in June with a good friend and his adult son in TX. They good-naturedly gave me crap about being part of the "sheeple" and getting a vaccine. Thankfully they are now both getting over Covid but remain very strongly anti-vax. My friend told me today that because I have been vaccinated I have 27 times greater chance of getting Covid a second time than he does. :dontgetit The goal of the vaccine is to lessen the chance of getting Covid to start with.

This is a very smart, accomplished guy. Unfortunately he has let his politics IMO get in the way of clear thinking.
He must get his news from the same outlets my office manager does...I got the same lecture yesterday.
badger74 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Your friend isn’t wrong, his immunity is better than yours. Statistically, it goes like this: vaccine < infection < infection and vaccine.

The difference is you didn’t have to have COVID to get yours. The cognitive dissonance comes in when someone convinces themselves not to get the vaccine because of “side effects” but is cool with getting COVID, which is a million times worse than anything the vaccine can do to you.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Not surprised that some can't make sense of it all and unfortuately resort to conspiracies and fantasies. The House impeached a president over conspiracies and fantasies regarding Russian phone calls. Then, the virus hits almost immediately. And next, this crazy germaphobe allergist has the microphone and is in charge of pandemic communications. How soon we forget that Faucci advocated ending handshaking forever, promoted goggle-wearing, double-masking.....along with impractical views on immune systems and herd immunity.

The Dem politicians seem to be the most unstable of all. The insane and excessive overreaction to Trump is plain for all to see. But Trump is responsible for Faucci. We would've been far better off with someone credible like Scott Gottlieb in there.
By tyndal23
:twisted:
stokesjokes wrote: September 10th, 2021, 9:42 am Your friend isn’t wrong, his immunity is better than yours. Statistically, it goes like this: vaccine < infection < infection and vaccine.

The difference is you didn’t have to have COVID to get yours. The cognitive dissonance comes in when someone convinces themselves not to get the vaccine because of “side effects” but is cool with getting COVID, which is a million times worse than anything the vaccine can do to you.
What is a million times worse than dying within 72 hours of the shot ? Care to know how many people that is ? More than we lost in all of Viet Nam, Korea and Afghanistan combined. Stop with your MSNBC nonsense.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 10:40 am :twisted:
stokesjokes wrote: September 10th, 2021, 9:42 am Your friend isn’t wrong, his immunity is better than yours. Statistically, it goes like this: vaccine < infection < infection and vaccine.

What is a million times worse than dying within 72 hours of the shot ? Care to know how many people that is ? More than we lost in all of Viet Nam, Korea and Afghanistan combined. Stop with your MSNBC nonsense.
Source? Data?
Just John liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts

Well exactly. He might have better immunity now but he had to go through Covid to get it. Somehow he thinks that's better? :roll: He said this to me in the context of I shouldn't have got vaccinnated. LOL
stokesjokes liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Just John wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:26 pm

Well exactly. He might have better immunity now but he had to go through Covid to get it. Somehow he thinks that's better? :roll: He said this to me in the context of I shouldn't have got vaccinnated. LOL
You still want to chuckle, even though the lorde and saviour Anthony Fauchi cant even give you a firm answer? Oh wait! Actually he does and answer, but he can't tell you what it is. Business [on people's emotions and livelihood] have to keep on rollin'!

By badger74
Registration Days Posts
My Moderna shots cost me $0 and I had no measurable reaction. Went back to work both days. Much better than getting COVID. At least at my age.
Just John liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:41 pm
Just John wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:26 pm

You still want to chuckle, even though the lorde and saviour Anthony Fauchi cant even give you a firm answer? Oh wait! Actually he does and answer, but he can't tell you what it is. Business [on people's emotions and livelihood] have to keep on rollin'!

You clearly aren't following the line of "reason". I have never claimed that he, having already had Civid, should now be vaccinated. Rather, he tells me I should have never been vaccinated to start with. His "reasoning" is he is now more immune to it than I am. Sure, but he went through hell and tempted death to get there. I'd rather have the odds I don't go that route to begin with. What is hard to get here?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts

Well, maybe it is. I do know that when he got covid it put him on his back for 5 weeks and he couldn't function. When I got covid hardly even knew it. Got the vacs because my employer said I had to and I didn't mind it other than I hate needles. It didn't impact me at all. Maybe you could just say I'm lucky.

I'll add one other thing: anything an anti-vaccine or anti-mask person says, I take with an ounce of salt.
stokesjokes liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
An ounce of salt? That's like ten times the daily allowance. Probably half-way there to a lethal dose. Add the extra tight double-mask along with that entire ounce of salt.... and we have a mixture that's likely enough to permanently turn the lights out. Only Faucci would know for sure.
By cruzan_flame13
Just John wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:58 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:41 pm
Just John wrote: September 10th, 2021, 7:26 pm Well exactly. He might have better immunity now but he had to go through Covid to get it. Somehow he thinks that's better? :roll: He said this to me in the context of I shouldn't have got vaccinnated. LOL

You clearly aren't following the line of "reason". I have never claimed that he, having already had Civid, should now be vaccinated. Rather, he tells me I should have never been vaccinated to start with. His "reasoning" is he is now more immune to it than I am. Sure, but he went through hell and tempted death to get there. I'd rather have the odds I don't go that route to begin with. What is hard to get here?
Firstly, I would question how healthy he was in the first place. I know this is usually forgotten, but a person immunity can easily drop as one gets older that even the common cold (corona virus according to medical encyclopedia btw) can be detrimental. That's why people need to be careful with what they consume, but that's another story for another day. Another thing is that maybe he has received information [that the medical powers that be] that would not be mentioned to the public. Why would they do that one would ask? That can be many reasons which I don't need to go into because that's just going down a conversation that wouldn't matter at this time. Obviously you think you're better off medically speaking than the other guy. I do have a question though, did you read the manual of the "vaccine" that you willingly allowed to be injected into your body? Are you sure that you are 100% correct that you are better off than that guy? Remember that the vaccine was 97% immune response, but clearly it's not. So now its the unvaccinated to blame. Crazy how people cannot see how this have happened before but now its medical scare that is leading to division, scapegoats and more fear. Looks like this is going to make the AIDS panic look like child's play.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Another thing is that maybe he has received information [that the medical powers that be] that would not be mentioned to the public. Why would they do that one would ask? That can be many reasons which I don't need to go into because that's just going down a conversation that wouldn't matter at this time.
Might have. Every Tuesday he climbs on his roof and meditates while holding a diving rod. :wink: Btw, he is a lifelong runner and was in excellent shape. I have seldom known him to ever be sisck in the 30 years I have known him. Of anything.

Are you sure that you are 100% correct that you are better off than that guy?
I'm 100% sure he has had Covid and I have not. Now it's possible I could still get it but my chances are certainly less that I will get it for a first time than he did. And if I need a booster shot down the road, I'll take it.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 10th, 2021, 9:02 pm An ounce of salt? That's like ten times the daily allowance. Probably half-way there to a lethal dose. Add the extra tight double-mask along with that entire ounce of salt.... and we have a mixture that's likely enough to permanently turn the lights out. Only Faucci would know for sure. Now a grain of salt...
So, wise one, what is the value of an ounce of salt? I'm not ingesting people's opinions.

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]